Xbox Game Bar detects my mic but my mic doesn't work in Party Chat

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar detects my mic but my mic doesn't work in Party Chat in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I can't get my microphone to work in party chat on the Xbox Game Bar. The Xbox Game Bar can detect my microphone just fine, but my microphone simply... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Laentrn, Jan 24, 2023.

1. /u/Laentrn
    /u/Laentrn Guest

I can't get my microphone to work in party chat on the Xbox Game Bar.

The Xbox Game Bar can detect my microphone just fine, but my microphone simply will not work in Party Chat as you can see here: https://imgur.com/1WZ0w0w

I'm using an XLR microphone paired with a USB audio interface (Audient EVO 4).

I'm running the latest version of Windows 10 and the latest version of the Xbox Game Bar.

Things I've tried so far:

• Selecting my specific input and output device in both the Xbox Game Bar Audio Settings and the Xbox Game Bar Party Settings
    • Repairing the Xbox Game Bar through Windows Settings
    • Resetting the Xbox Game Bar through Windows Settings
    • Enabling and disabling push to talk in the Xbox Game Bar
    • Uninstalling the software and drivers for my audio interface
    • Adjusting the sample rates and buffer sizes on my audio interface
    • Switching from mic input 1 to mic input 2 and vice versa on my audio interface
    • Synchronizing my time/timezone through Windows Settings

Any help would be greatly appreciated, because I feel like I've tried just about every fix out there...

submitted by /u/Laentrn
    [link] [comments]

/u/Laentrn, Jan 24, 2023
  2. BrianDrake3 Win User

My microphone shows I'm talking in settings but doesn't let me talk in game or on the Xbox game bar

If I go in the Xbox game bar the microphone settings detect my mic and the bar goes up but when I'm in a game or party nobody can hear me
  3. Pokepunch Win User

Windows 10 Xbox One Streaming microphone not detected?

That generic support doesn't really apply here. The problem is with a PC microphone, not an Xbox One microphone. The Xbox App on PC detects the mic and it works if I start a party via the app, but it doesn't work in any capacity on the Xbox One for parties
    or game chat.
  4. Grubbee Win User

Mic does not work in party while using a controller on pc

Thats what I'm doing.. the only thing I am doing different from playing keyboard/mouse is the controller itself. but when i plug it in every setting on the pc changes to controller mic. Even though the controller has no mic. So I go back through all the
    pc settings and xbox companion settings and change it back but the xbox game bar will not let me use the usb mic anymore. I have to unplug the controller and reset the pc to be able to use my mic again. when I start a party in the companion app it says my
    mic is working , but if i am in a party on that app for some reason I'm not in a party on the game bar... so if i start a party on the game bar the mic still doesn't work..
  5. Nick21013 Win User

Team Chat? Select Fire?

my mic doesn't work in game chat i try to talk to other players with mics and they can't hear me even though it shows my mic emitting noise next to my name. It works fine when im in parties though.
  6. DomNic8891 Win User

Xbox One Stereo Headset via Windows 10 app

I am having the same issue. With my headset I can hear game audio, if I'm in a party chat I can hear my friends talking but the mic doesn't work. My mic does work outside of the xbox app perfectly. The headphones and mic are set to default in the playback
    devices. It's an issue with the app and it needs to be updated.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar detects my mic but my mic doesn't work in Party Chat - Similar Threads - Game Bar detects

2. My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?: It just won't send messages no error code just says unable to delete/send message. 51ceacdd-7553-4a68-92d0-e7b17f6af6e8
  3. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  4. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  5. Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...: I'm using Xbox APP from my Laptop to remoe play from my Xbox Series X console. I make gameplay videos. After recording Hundred videos, I've noticed none of my videos are full screen. All videos...
  6. How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?: Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low. When he records clips he can barely hear his...
  7. My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab...: I’ve looked everywhere to find a solution but haven’t been able to find anything that actually works. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Gaming*** 4f701d94-9ad2-44c2-97c9-13558d53c064
  8. Xbox Game bar not detecting my mic when I dont have it open?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game bar not detecting my mic when I dont have it open?: When im in a party and i have the game bar open using Windows+G it work's fine but once I press it again to close the gamebar and do something else i can still hear the people in the party but...
  9. Xbox game bar won't detect own mic

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar won't detect own mic: I'm currently using Xbox game car for captures on my windows 11 pc, but when I record an instant replay it only records the background sounds like the game I'm playing or discord audio but not my...
  10. My microphone is connected but it won't detect any audio for the game bar (it works with...

in XBoX on Windows
    My microphone is connected but it won't detect any audio for the game bar (it works with...: I've been having this problem for the past few days were I join a party and it says no microphone under my name and I can't speak in party chat. I do use voicemod but I don't see how that could be...