Xbox Game Bar Constantly Disconnecting from crossplay party chat

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar Constantly Disconnecting from crossplay party chat in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; This issue has been occurring for the past few months and I can't find ANY solution. When chatting with friends on Xbox while I'm on PC, EVERY time... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Boat Cancer, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Boat Cancer
    Boat Cancer Guest

This issue has been occurring for the past few months and I can't find ANY solution. When chatting with friends on Xbox while I'm on PC, EVERY time after about five minutes I will get disconnected from chat. It doesn't warn me or make a sound, people suddenly can't hear me. And if I open the game bar it shows everyone else as disconnect.

There is no fix.

There's an entire reddit thread full of people with the same issue. There is a bug. Please fix it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xbox/comments/vpkyhx/pc_party_chat_keeps_disconnecting_without/

:)

Boat Cancer, Sep 24, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Boat Cancer,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to connect to your friends through Xbox Party Chat and get disconnected. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

We appreciate the detailed description and for raising this concern to our attention.

Though Xbox Party and Crossplay is closely related to network issue or else this is a server issue. We might see different cause of it if we work together and see the reasons why you were having issues with party chat.

• To check if you are having issues with Xbox Party that was caused by server issue of Xbox. Please go to this link: Xbox Status | Xbox Support
    • To check if you are having issues with Xbox Party that was caused by network issue. Please check your Xbox Network and see if you have error code or message is your NAT Type Open, Moderate, Strict or Unavailable. In that way, you will have a continuous game with your friends.
    With that in mind, we would like to further isolate your concern in order to get a better understanding.

1. May we ask if you have the same NAT type with your friend? (NAT Type: Open, Moderate, Strict, Unavailable)?
    2. Does your friend have any error messages or code? (Like Double NAT detected, 0x89231906, Can’t get a Teredo IP address, NAT Type: Unavailable, Teredo is unable to qualify, UPnP not successful).
      • For Windows 10:
        • PC Settings > Gaming > Xbox Network and check the NAT Type.
        • Look for NAT Type
        • Please reply with any error message/code you notice.
      • For Windows 11: Install Xbox Console Companion app from Microsoft Store (click here)
        • Launch Xbox Console Companion app.
        • Go to Settings and select Network tab.
        • Look for NAT Type.
        • Please reply with any error message/code you notice.
      • For Console:
        • Kindly go to Xbox Console's Settings.
        • Select Network and Network Settings.
        • Look for NAT Type.
    3. When did this issue happen? Was there a recent update or new application installed on your device?
    4. Did you recall installing any antivirus, antimalware, VPN, firewall, proxy and PC Optimizer in your computer?
    5. Is your account's privacy has turned allowed multiplayer?
    Here are support articles for troubleshooting if you will need it:

Troubleshoot NAT errors and multiplayer game issues | Xbox Support

(The later part of this support article is for Xbox Console troubleshooting but the definition of the NAT Type can be found on this topic.)

Troubleshoot network connection errors | Xbox Support

(This has both Xbox Console and PC troubleshooting, you may skip the Console part.)

Troubleshoot multiplayer connection errors | Xbox Support

Tip: You must have a NAT Type of Open or Moderate (making sure one of your friends is Open NAT) and have no issues with network.

We look forward to your update. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Boat Cancer,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will be considering your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss those concerns as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

4. BrandanHolder Win User

Game Bar Party Chat Constantly Disconnecting

I'm not rich. I have one ISp and one connection. I am always wired. Although the issue is the same whether wired or wireless. I don't have a headset for my phone and I play games on my PC, so that would be a bit confusing.

This ONLY happens with parties. Everything else works flawlessly. I don't know what I can do. Why is the Xbox app on PC such a mess for me?
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello BrandanHolder, usually these server misconnections may be related to your internet, may be fluctuating, and also NAT, if it is not open this can impair your online gaming experience.

As you play on your PC, to see the status of your NAT, open the Xbox App Companion, then go to Network Settings, and your NAT type will appear.

Troubleshoot NAT errors and multiplayer game issues

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this BrandanHolder

In order to isolate a bit more the issue, are you able to test party chat using a different wifi network?

Or, try joining to it using your phone with the Xbox app
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar Constantly Disconnecting from crossplay party chat - Similar Threads - Game Bar Constantly

2. My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?: It just won't send messages no error code just says unable to delete/send message. 51ceacdd-7553-4a68-92d0-e7b17f6af6e8
  3. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  4. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  5. Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...: I'm using Xbox APP from my Laptop to remoe play from my Xbox Series X console. I make gameplay videos. After recording Hundred videos, I've noticed none of my videos are full screen. All videos...
  6. How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?: Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low. When he records clips he can barely hear his...
  7. How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?: My game bar will record everything but my mic when it is set to record everything. When it is set to record the game and mic it will record the game and my mic. I have tried to repair and reset...
  8. Game Bar Issue - "gaming features not available."

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar Issue - "gaming features not available.": Game Bar doesn't recognise Sea of Thieves Steam version, which means it won't allow me to record game clips using Game Bar. It shows me this box And when I tick that box, it immediately unticks...
  9. Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods: Game Bar will not open at all, I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. Check for updates. Run commands in Powershell. Restarted my computer numerous of times and still nothing. Does anyone...
  10. My cursor is out of place when I record using the xbox gaming bar is there any way to fix that?

in XBoX on Windows
    My cursor is out of place when I record using the xbox gaming bar is there any way to fix that?: I’ve been using the xbox gaming bar for quite some time, but I can’t seem to find the place to change the video quality and when I record, my cursor always seems to be out of place. Like for...