xbox game bar "Claim your points!" notifications unable to disable

Discus and support xbox game bar "Claim your points!" notifications unable to disable in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i have disabled literally every notification other than game requests and friends messages yet "claim your free points!" notifications keep showing up,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by sweet_JP, Dec 15, 2022.

1. sweet_JP
    sweet_JP Guest

i have disabled literally every notification other than game requests and friends messages
    yet "claim your free points!" notifications keep showing up, i can get more info or dismiss but i cannot block this spam

xbox game bar "Claim your points!" notifications unable to disable [​IMG]

how do i fix this without uninstalling xbox game bar as it seems like the only viable option?
    i have looked at other questions and they don't have a fix either. there is no option to disable xbox rewards notifications. and frankly it makes me want to use Xbox less every time i hear the useless notification ping, that happens roughly every 20-30 minutes.

xbox game bar "Claim your points!" notifications unable to disable [​IMG]

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...tions-on/9ddbc650-a271-480a-8731-b137c53aefff

other people have had this issue before and the "solution" does not exist.

:)

sweet_JP, Dec 15, 2022
  2. Leonard_Y Win User

Hello

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your issue has already been resolved. We won't be monitoring this thread in the future, so if you need more help, create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking on this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Leonardo_Y

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Leonard_Y Win User

Hi,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Xbox Forum.

Based on your description, it seems that your still getting notification about Rewards Points even though you already disabled this in Game Bar settings. We are getting numerous posts about this in the forum already and we regret that you are affected as well.

To better understand the situation, I would like to ask these questions, such as:

1. What version of Xbox Game Bar are you using?
    2. What Windows build and version are you using? -click Start menu > type WINVER > hit Enter
    3. when did this issue start?
    4. What version is your Xbox app ug Gaming Services? - open Xbox app > select profile > Settings > About.

We highly recommend sending a report about this in Xbox Team.

1. Navigate to the settings of Xbox Game Bar application and look for Send for feedback.
    2. Select “Feedback” in the drop-down menu
    3. Select “Report a problem”
    4. Click Give new feedback
    5. Add [Xbox Forum] in “Summarize your feedback” followed by a feedback summary
      • Summary should be descriptive and fully detailing the error you are receiving. Links redirecting to this forum post will not be accepted and will cause a delay in your feedback submission.
    6. Category should automatically be selected.
    7. In the "add more details" category, you will have the option to "Recreate my problem". Recreating the problem will help us further pinpoint the error you are receiving.
    Once complete, post the title of the bug report along with the submission date in this thread.

Sincerely,

Leonardo_Y
  4. XBF John Win User

How to disable "Claim your points!" notifications on Xbox game bar social notifications?

It does help, thank you! I appreciate you sharing this information.

I'll be passing it on as well just in case it may be impacting this issue as well. Please let me know if you come across this issue with the setting recommended so I can let the team know that it is or is not effective for you and created the intended effect when it comes to notifications, and we can add that to our investigation and hopefully get a solution for this.

Thank you!

5. SamSpain Win User

How to disable "Claim your points!" notifications on Xbox game bar social notifications?

It does help, thank you! I appreciate you sharing this information.

I'll be passing it on as well just in case it may be impacting this issue as well. Please let me know if you come across this issue with the setting recommended so I can let the team know that it is or is not effective for you and created the intended effect when it comes to notifications, and we can add that to our investigation and hopefully get a solution for this.

Thank you!

XBF John
    Hi John,

I have tried with "Hide Notifications when I'm playing Fullscreen" and over the last few days the notification does indeed stop being visible to me while playing, but it is still there when opening up notifications, and the sound has played (which I expect given the silence setting is separate). Settings as they were during that time:

[​IMG]

At this point I'm going to check the silence option and uncheck the new message and invited to party notification. I'll report if that somehow stops the notification coming through to my notifications list, but I imagine all it's going to achieve is to stop bothering me each time I start playing something.

I'll give it a week for any new info to come up but as a developer myself I know if something is low severity, able to be mitigated (albeit with loss of functionality), and seemingly hard to reproduce then it won't exactly be high priority. I'll then mark your first response as the answer as it might still help some people who encountered this but for other reasons.
  6. XBF John Win User

Hello,

If you could test something for me when you play again next time. The option here that says, "Hide Notifications when I'm playing Fullscreen." If you could check that box and then try again with either Forza or another game that is connected to the rewards/achievements and let me know if those notifications still come through.

Thank you,

Thema:

1. xbox game bar "Claim your points!" notifications unable to disable - Similar Threads - game bar Claim

2. My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?: It just won't send messages no error code just says unable to delete/send message. 51ceacdd-7553-4a68-92d0-e7b17f6af6e8
  3. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  4. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  5. Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...: I'm using Xbox APP from my Laptop to remoe play from my Xbox Series X console. I make gameplay videos. After recording Hundred videos, I've noticed none of my videos are full screen. All videos...
  6. How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?: Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low. When he records clips he can barely hear his...
  7. How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?: My game bar will record everything but my mic when it is set to record everything. When it is set to record the game and mic it will record the game and my mic. I have tried to repair and reset...
  8. Game Bar Issue - "gaming features not available."

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar Issue - "gaming features not available.": Game Bar doesn't recognise Sea of Thieves Steam version, which means it won't allow me to record game clips using Game Bar. It shows me this box And when I tick that box, it immediately unticks...
  9. Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods: Game Bar will not open at all, I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. Check for updates. Run commands in Powershell. Restarted my computer numerous of times and still nothing. Does anyone...
  10. How to disable "Claim your points!" notifications on Xbox game bar social notifications?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to disable "Claim your points!" notifications on Xbox game bar social notifications?: I keep on getting the same series of notifications that look like this: [img] There is no obvious setting the UI that I can see to disable this notification which is continually distracting me...