Xbox Game Bar Bug, microphone is always muted unless I turn it on (Continuation cause idk...

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar Bug, microphone is always muted unless I turn it on (Continuation cause idk... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Androoideka 3y ago Xbox Game Bar Bug, microphone is always muted unless I turn it on PC Gaming A lot of the time I record the past 10 minutes and then... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Mountain-Ad5372, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Xbox Game Bar Bug, microphone is always muted unless I turn it on (Continuation cause idk...

Androoideka 3y ago

Xbox Game Bar Bug, microphone is always muted unless I turn it on PC Gaming A lot of the time I record the past 10 minutes and then realise it didn't record my voice at all because the microphone was muted. Does anyone else have this issue? I have "Turn mic on by default when I record" on in the Captures settings and Xbox Game Bar does have permission to use my microphone, but for some reason the microphone is never on unless I turn it on myself by clicking the icon or pressing the hotkey on my keyboard.(Original Post)

Fix: Go into Sounds Setting (one under control panel) Recording>Device Properties>Advance>Signal Enhancements UNCHECK “Enable audio enhancements”

This has been causing the windows+alt+G to not record mic when capturing set to “All”….

You can find original thread to see all comments made.

submitted by /u/Mountain-Ad5372
    [link] [comments]

/u/Mountain-Ad5372, Nov 17, 2022
  2. WillGamer2006 Win User

Muted microphone symbol

If You Have A Xbox Insider Build This Can Cause Bugs Throughout The Console. Also Check If There Has Been A Party Chat Ban Or If The Microphone Has Been Muted In Party. Hope This Helped You! :)
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Games and microphone reccording problem

Hi Iman976,

Since this is happening with games bought and used from different platforms, there may be a PC setting that is causing this to happen. There's a possible setting where you have to turn on the microphone to record voice in your videos.

Go ahead and follow this guide to set up your headset microphone or any other microphone you use:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027981/windows-10-how-to-set-up-and-test-microphones

On the Game bar, go ahead and toggle the microphone mute button on and off when recording a video to test it out.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/record-game-clips-game-bar-windows-10

Let us know if that helps!
  4. ThatWindowsDev Win User

Wireless Mic

If the microphone isn't muted, and your preferences aren't turned down; then you probably bought a product with a defect or your controller is causing the problem. I once had the same problem with my microphone and it turned out to be a problem because of
    the controller.
  5. CarTzy Win User

Xbox party chat is acting up.

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I can see that you're having trouble with the party chat app on your phone and on you PC. There are a few things you can try to fix the issue:

Mobile Device:

• First, make sure your phone and the app are updated to the latest version.
    • Sometimes, outdated software can cause glitches and bugs.
    • Second, check your phone's audio settings and make sure the volume and microphone levels are not too high or low.
    • You can also try using headphones or earbuds instead of the phone's speaker and mic.
    • Third, if none of that works, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
    • This might clear any corrupted data or cache that could be causing the problem.

Xbox Game Bar:

There are a few possible reasons why your microphone is not working properly on the Xbox game bar. Here are some steps you can try to fix this issue:

- Make sure your microphone is plugged in correctly and set as the default input device in Windows settings.

- Check if your microphone is muted or turned down in the Xbox game bar settings or in the party chat settings.

- Update your audio drivers and restart your PC.

- Run the audio troubleshooter in Windows settings to find and fix any problems with your microphone.

- If none of these steps work, you may need to contact the manufacturer of your microphone or headset for further assistance.

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  6. webmonkee Win User

Microphone always on mute

Bumping this. Any updates or other ideas? Something?
Thema:

Xbox Game Bar Bug, microphone is always muted unless I turn it on (Continuation cause idk...

1. Xbox Game Bar Bug, microphone is always muted unless I turn it on (Continuation cause idk... - Similar Threads - Game Bar Bug

2. PC xbox app: game bar audio bug

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    PC xbox app: game bar audio bug: So hopped on Today and the xbox app gave me an update. Once I update and joined a party I noticed my party chat could only hear me when I had the xbox game bar open or with the party chat being...
  3. Software bug in XBOX Game Bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Software bug in XBOX Game Bar: I would like to begin by saying this is a software glitch and not user error or unique to my setup. There are many many many posts about this issue on here but the moderators have all thought it...
  4. Xbox game bar bug 1000 & 8, noise suppression

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar bug 1000 & 8, noise suppression: I made this post before, then deleted it but that was short lived because my favorite bug is back! -I am running a completely fresh rig I bought about a week & 1/2 ago. I have only downloaded ~20...
  5. Xbox Game Bar noise suppression bug

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar noise suppression bug: First of all, I am running as close to a sterile pc as possible. I just bought an entire new rig, and hyper X headset. I am able to join parties without noise suppression, but when I enable it,...
  6. xbox game bar mic cutting in and out bug

in XboX Insiders
    xbox game bar mic cutting in and out bug: on xbox game bar my mic is always cutting in and out and makes it seem like i'm speaking through a fan anyone know how to fix it? submitted by /u/shadowalfxz [link] [comments]
  7. Xbox Game Bar Bug

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Bar Bug: I recently updated to Windows 11 and ever since my Xbox Game Bar app hasn't been working right, its all the same except my microphone. My mic sounds "robotic" and cuts in and out fast. I have...
  8. Game bar bug: Hotkey for muting mic doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game bar bug: Hotkey for muting mic doesn't work: Like the title says, I'm unable to use the hotkey command to toggle mute my microphone. I've started several things from reinstalling game bar to running scripts. Nothing I do seems to work, I can...
  9. Xbox game bar bug on Windows11

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar bug on Windows11: I can't create or join a group from 'find a group' if my computer 's app language isn't English, which also determines the language of Xbox game bar. For example, if my game's language is French...
  10. Xbox Game bar BIG BUG

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game bar BIG BUG: every time i try to join a party hosting or not it goes "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" its been like this for 3 days im about unistall it im so frustrated with it...