Xbox Game Bar, Audio crackling when using party chat. first Win10, now also in win11

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar, Audio crackling when using party chat. first Win10, now also in win11 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi. Ive got an Astro Mixamp pro connected to my my Xbox and extract the sound via HDMI-extractor to be able to use the partychat in Windows 11 Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Niclas Meijer, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Xbox Game Bar, Audio crackling when using party chat. first Win10, now also in win11

Hi.

Ive got an Astro Mixamp pro connected to my my Xbox and extract the sound via HDMI-extractor to be able to use the partychat in Windows 11 Xbox Game bar.

If I dont join a party and only listen to Xbox game sound and the sound coming from my PC, everthing works fine.

When I join in a party (by myself or others) the sound starts to get distorted/crackeling on both party chat and PC after a short while.

Ive tried all the trick that you can google and updated all drivers for all the hardware that is possible. Came to the point I even installed Windows 11 instad of using Windows 10 hoping that it would solve the issue.

Got a lot of bandwidth as well (250/250 Mb/s)

Using the Mixamp for only PC sound and/or listen to Xbox outside a party have no issues?

Why is joining party chat exclusivly makingthe sound go bad?

:)

Niclas Meijer, Jun 5, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

Xbox Game Bar, Audio crackling when using party chat. first Win10, now also in win11

Hi Niclas Meijer,

We appreciate you for bringing this up to Xbox Forum.

We understand that you encountered audio problem when joining a party game/chat on Xbox game bar. As peer description, the sound starts to get distorted/crackling when joining a party chat on your PC.

Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern. However, before we proceed, we would like to ask few questions about it.

1. When did the problem start?
    2. Was this working before?
    3. If yes, any recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?
    4. Did you double check that the accessory was connected properly?

These above questions would help us provide the necessary information. Once we have gathered all the information, we will formulate the viable solution to help you with your case.

To answer your question, we cannot find any issues using the Mixamp for PC sound only and listen Xbox outside party. However, you can try following the steps on how to set up the Astro Mixamp to mix PCand console audio. You can also check out this guide on how to set up Miamp Pro TR+Xbox Series X/S if you are on a console.

For the meantime, we found some basic troubleshooting steps that might help you resolve the problem.

• Check if there is no connectivity issues, the accessories might not be connected properly.
    • Try to unplug and plugging back to the windows device
    • Check and adjust audio settings
    • Update system and drivers to the latest version.
    • Pinning down any other hardware/device that's interfering.
    • If still these does not work, try to disable Xbox game bar

We also want you to check these articles for more troubleshooting steps. Let's see if it will work for you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi Niclas Meijer,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  4. JonHay2 Win User

[PC] Xbox Game bar push to talk not working in background

I am having the same issue, this used to work but now I cannot use push to talk in Sea of Thieves unless I toggle the game bar open when in an Xbox Party audio chat.

I also cannot set mouse buttons as push to talk hotkeys in the Xbox Game Bar settings, only keyboard keys.
  5. Harley Croft Win User

Twitch stream headset mic crackling

Headset audio did crackle. And no I did not use party chat

The resolution and bitrate I chosen is 480p 1000kbps
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

Cant hear game audio when in party on PC

Of course, mate.

Ok:

Open the Xbox Game Bar and join/initiate a party chat (don’t leave the party till the completion of the solution).

Now open the Xbox Game Bar Settings by clicking on the Gear icon and in the menu shown, click on Party Chat (in the left half of the window).

Then set your Audio Output to the headset and if it is already set to the headset change it to another device (if you only have one single device, then try to use a dummy device from applications like Virtual Audio Cable).

Repeat the same for Audio Input and then close the Settings Windows.

Then click on the Widget Menu and choose Audio.

Now make sure the output (in the Mix tab) and input (in the Voice tab) is set to your headset. And make sure the system sounds are on max.

Then repeat steps 2 to 4 but make sure your headset is set as audio output and input device.

Now close the Settings window and check if the party chat and the game's volume have started to work fine.

If not, then check if disabling Push to Talk in the Party Chat settings of the Game Bar solves the issue
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar, Audio crackling when using party chat. first Win10, now also in win11 - Similar Threads - Game Bar Audio

2. Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...: When using the 30 second capture feature with capture audio recording set to All (game, enabled mic, apps, system), it does not record microphone audio. Note Game Bar's three options for...
  3. game bar is not allowing background audio and its permissions are unfindable

in XboX Insiders
    game bar is not allowing background audio and its permissions are unfindable: ever since I installed the lockdown browser for a class my gamebar hasn't worked at all, I've since installed lockdown but its permissions are still flummery beyond all repair. submitted by...
  4. Xbox Game Bar Clip Audio Distorted & Choppy On Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar Clip Audio Distorted & Choppy On Windows 11: My clip's video and audio of others in discord + ingame are fine. My microphone for some reason is the only one distorted in the clip. It is not distorted on discord or in the game and my friends...
  5. Why does Xbox game bar mute audio when I start a recording?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Xbox game bar mute audio when I start a recording?: When I open Xbox Game bar it never remembers which device I set for default output or input device on either the Mix or Voice tab. When I record a clip or Start a recording it auto mutes and I'm...
  6. Xbox game bar party audio doesnt work

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox game bar party audio doesnt work: xbox game bar party chat isnt working for me. i join a party I can hear them but they can only hear me when I have the game bar open, which is a problem because i cannot play a game with it...
  7. Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?: The mic audio works perfectly fine when I have the Xbox game bar open but, when it Is closed the mic isn'tbeing picked up. 36e51d7b-e67b-4d51-b4d0-37ad18b71460
  8. My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab...: I’ve looked everywhere to find a solution but haven’t been able to find anything that actually works. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Gaming*** 4f701d94-9ad2-44c2-97c9-13558d53c064
  9. Game bar only picks up audio when looking at it

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar only picks up audio when looking at it: My microphone is connected however Game Bar only picks up audio when I have it open on screen. submitted by /u/Kingdaddysalmon [link] [comments]
  10. PC xbox app: game bar audio bug

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    PC xbox app: game bar audio bug: So hopped on Today and the xbox app gave me an update. Once I update and joined a party I noticed my party chat could only hear me when I had the xbox game bar open or with the party chat being...