Xbox freezing, weird black/white rows on screen

Discus and support Xbox freezing, weird black/white rows on screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Today I was playing a game, when suddenly my xbox froze. I have restarted it, and after that it said I need to download an update. After doing the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Palci, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Palci
    Palci Guest

Today I was playing a game, when suddenly my xbox froze. I have restarted it, and after that it said I need to download an update. After doing the update, my xbox freezes, and there are weird black/white things on the screen. These are not present during
    the booting when the animated xbox logo is shown, or when the xbox popup window is shown(see 3rd picture), only in the main menus. If I try to log in, the device freezes immediately after I have logged in.

Here are a couple of images that I made with my phone:

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I have an Xbox 360 S device. The warranty is over, so I would be happy if you could tell me a solution that I could do at home.

Thank you in advance.

Robert

:)

Palci, Dec 29, 2015
  2. Microsoft Edge

Microsoft Edge keeps freezing and kicking me out and it keeps going black or white screen.

xREDEMPTION912x, Dec 29, 2015
  3. flipstylezzZ
    flipstylezzZ Guest
    Xbox freezes

No freezing for Black Ops 2 installed on HDD but for YouTube app it freezes a lot.. weird eh

flipstylezzZ, Dec 29, 2015
  4. Irixion
    Irixion Guest

Irixion, Dec 29, 2015
  5. Or other than sending it in for repair you coul try visually resetting it, if there is a disc in the tray remove it, then turn off the 360 and allow it to completely shut down, once it's off use your 360 controller to turn it on, when the system turns on
    immediately press the right trigger and the y button and hold them throughout the Xbox logo loading screen, the system will then reset itself and the display settings will be reset

Desert Viper1, Jan 8, 2016
  6. Irixion
    Irixion Guest
    The artifacts are caused by a failing GPU. HDMI is either all there, or not there at all. Resetting video settings would do nothing. Also, if the Xbox 360 ever loses an HDMI handshake with the other device, it reboots.

Irixion, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Irixion Win User

The artifacts are caused by a failing GPU. HDMI is either all there, or not there at all. Resetting video settings would do nothing. Also, if the Xbox 360 ever loses an HDMI handshake with the other device, it reboots.
  8. Desert Viper1 Win User

Or other than sending it in for repair you coul try visually resetting it, if there is a disc in the tray remove it, then turn off the 360 and allow it to completely shut down, once it's off use your 360 controller to turn it on, when the system turns on
    immediately press the right trigger and the y button and hold them throughout the Xbox logo loading screen, the system will then reset itself and the display settings will be reset
  9. Irixion Win User

10. TWINS3T Win User

Campaign Freezing at Karma load

Has this been fixed?

I just got as far as Karma, and originally it'd freeze on the 'press A to skip' on the video screen or freeze on a black screen if I let the video play out.

I've installed to HDD now and I get a white screen freeze now :-(

Any ideas?
  11. Error InvalidID Win User

Live update corrupted my system? (<1 year old XBox Slim)

It seems to be working now, I followed Onyx's directions 5 times in a row, then I reformatted it 5 times as well. I was still left with a black and white screen, but after the update all seems to be working well. Thanks for the help.
Thema:

1. Xbox freezing, weird black/white rows on screen - Similar Threads - freezing weird black

2. My xbox series x freeze, what should i do

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x freeze, what should i do: My xbox series x freeze, what should i do 63fb1f84-c986-4dcd-a10a-8765f66da65a
  3. BBC iPlayer app died on me? Started freezing w Whitescreen.

in XboX Insiders
    BBC iPlayer app died on me? Started freezing w Whitescreen.: Hi. I am having issues w the BBC iPlayer freezing on a white screen on app start all the sudden. It worked fine till a week ago. 2 or 3 updates ago it started freezing. I am on Alpha Skip-Ahead....
  4. Can my external hard drive cause my xbox series x to freeze

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my external hard drive cause my xbox series x to freeze: I had my fiest ever freeze in the my games and apps library and my console makes an electric noise when the hdd storage device is in and stops when I unplug it. I was wondering could my external...
  5. Explorer.exe seem reset itself while playing game after having freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Explorer.exe seem reset itself while playing game after having freezing: It's a little confusing how I explain it, but I'll explain what I can, so this is how every time I play games that are considered heavy, such as COD Modern Warfare 2019, Ghost of Tsushima, and...
  6. YouTube Xbox series s screen freezes

in XboX Insiders
    YouTube Xbox series s screen freezes: Does anyone else having the problem where YouTube is lagging very bad to the point that the sound keeps going and the videos freezes and if you put it on a higher quality it lags more often ? It’s...
  7. Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?: I have an Xbox One S and I downloaded a game yesterday. It was queued up for installation before I turned off the Xbox. Now, when I try to start anything, an error pops up saying the app was...
  8. Minecraft screen freezes while the game is still running

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft screen freezes while the game is still running: When I play Minecraft everything is perfect until at one point the screen freezes while in reality the game continues to run so that I hear the voices of villagers, animals, water, etc. I tried...
  9. When I try to log into my xbox profile my screen goes white and freezes.

in XBoX on Windows
    When I try to log into my xbox profile my screen goes white and freezes.: When I try to log into my xbox profile my screen goes white and freezes. Its been a while since I have been on Xbox but still, the account is not or ever has been suspended or anything like that,...
  10. All of my PC games keep freezing. Looking for any recommendations

in XBoX on Windows
    All of my PC games keep freezing. Looking for any recommendations: everywhere I look for answers to this problem, they keep telling me to update my display drivers (every driver on my pc is up to date and windows says there are no updates). Every game I try goes...