Xbox for PC App, Installation Stops Immediately with Error Code 0x800700e7

Discus and support Xbox for PC App, Installation Stops Immediately with Error Code 0x800700e7 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've been using the Xbox PC app fine for a few months now and recently whenever I try to install a game, it either errors out almost immediately with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by RussellMyJimmies, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Xbox for PC App, Installation Stops Immediately with Error Code 0x800700e7

I've been using the Xbox PC app fine for a few months now and recently whenever I try to install a game, it either errors out almost immediately with the error code 0x800700e7, or it sits a 0% forever and does nothing. I've tried most fixes I've seen online but none of them have helped, and I haven't been able to find out what the error code means exactly. I'm on the latest version of Windows 10 as of now. Anyone know why I could be getting this error or how to fix it?

:)

RussellMyJimmies, Dec 2, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Russell welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I suggest you try these basic troubleshooting steps!

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.
  3. TAHER TAHER1 Win User

[PC] [Xbox Beta] The Outer Worlds Failed Installation (Error 0x800700e7)

• Hello again
    • Eventually windows error code 0x800700E7 is occur because of missing registry files or dll files.
    • Corrupt or incomplete download installation of windows update software.
    • Virus or malware infection is also one of the main causes of windows error.
    • An important program is mistakenly deleted.
    • Windows error code 0x800700E7 can be caused by a variety of factors, so it is important to overcome from this error.
    • Hope it helps
  4. XBF-Spartan Win User

Can't download or launch ANY game from xbox app on PC

Hi Heartgrave,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! When you attempt to install a game on your pc is one of the following instances happening?

1. You receive an error code after clicking the install button (if "yes" what is the code)?

2. You click the install button, and nothing happens.

3. You click the install button, and the download starts but immediately stops after a small percentage has installed.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Error code 0x800700E7

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I have here steps that we can try, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

"Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps."
  6. Christopher Revoredo Win User

error code: 0x800700e7

Hi there Mary welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I had this issue around a year ago. I could tell you all the 10 steps I followed to solve it, unfortunately what helped me to solved this was to restart my PC as it comes here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/rec...

In the part of Windows 10 click on "Reset this PC" these instructions will help you to solve the problem, you can even leave your important files!
Thema:

1. Xbox for PC App, Installation Stops Immediately with Error Code 0x800700e7 - Similar Threads - App Installation Stops

2. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  3. i can install games but it cant install apps

in XBoX on Windows
    i can install games but it cant install apps: So, basically i cant install apps, when i try to install games like minecraft / fortnite (or another random game) it installs perfectly, but when i try to install any app like youtube / prime...
  4. Apps not installing since today April 10 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Apps not installing since today April 10 2024: I was advised to update the Prime Video and MLB apps, but I experienced infinite loading at zero percent and the following error. 0x87e00017 The games updated and installed. Ports. Ok DNs 8888...
  5. How can I install this "Xbox Live Services" app/component?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I install this "Xbox Live Services" app/component?: On my PC I recently deleted the "Xbox Live Services" app, (not to be confused with the MAIN Xbox App or Game Bar or Gaming Services component) because I did not know what it was for and from then...
  6. Error 0x80070005 when attempting to install the Xbox App from Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80070005 when attempting to install the Xbox App from Microsoft Store: I've tried multiple times on different days after restarts etc. Anytime I attempt to install the Xbox app I receive error 0x80070005 after the app downloads I'm running windows 10 Pro and there...
  7. The ELDEN RING Digital Artbook & Original Soundtrack app will not install on my xbox series X.

in XBoX on Windows
    The ELDEN RING Digital Artbook & Original Soundtrack app will not install on my xbox series X.: The ELDEN RING Digital Artbook & Original Soundtrack will not install on my xbox series X. It will start to download, then abort without any error. I have 70% free space on my HD, tried...
  8. I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message: We weren't able to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message: We weren't able to...: I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message from Windows 11: "We weren't able to install the app (0x80073CF6)" 31635452-d5bb-429e-a940-28a80cf9fb78
  9. Xbox App (Win11) stopped loading game list, can't change install folder, freezes

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App (Win11) stopped loading game list, can't change install folder, freezes: Hello Suddenly the Xbox app is not working anymore. It can't load the game list and when I try to change folders it tells me "There was a problem loading installation locations. Try gain....
  10. I'm unable to install Cricket 22 via Xbox app on my PC as the download stops at 22%...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm unable to install Cricket 22 via Xbox app on my PC as the download stops at 22%...: I have tried troubleshooting suggestions such as updating video driver, reinstalling games services, updating windows, reinstalling xbox app and microsoft store. The highest the game downloads to...