Xbox Fitness Feedback

Discus and support Xbox Fitness Feedback in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My missus uses Xbox Fitness frequently, on a nightly basis. We have very little issues with using it though every once in a while it may pause as it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Abominus 69, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Xbox Fitness Feedback

My missus uses Xbox Fitness frequently, on a nightly basis. We have very little issues with using it though every once in a while it may pause as it buffers. This does not happen regularly though. We're on 60mb Virgin Media.

I do agree on the terminology for fighting techniques used as workout techniques. Having practiced martial arts extensively (I am actually training for a N-Class fight this coming weekend, see my sig if you're interested in knowing more) it really grates hearing
    a PI call a sidekick a roundhouse kick (even if they were using Karate style roundhouse kicks, it's still no roundhouse kick as the focus of force that is shown is the heel of the foot, not the top of the foot).

The biggest issue she has is with the Kinect sometimes not tracking her when she is doing ground exercises properly. No matter how exact I set it up for her. She's a good five feet away at least and taking into account Kinect is supposed to have the distancing
    improved I find this a little disappointing.

Obviously it doesn't affect the workout, but it affects the scoring and the Xbox Fitness Feedback system.

Unreal Warfare, Jan 23, 2014
  2. Satsumo
    Satsumo Guest
    Several of you have indicated issues with the Kinect struggling with exercises based on the floor.

Go through the Kinect setup again and lower the floor that the Kinect sees. Hopefully that improves it for you.

Satsumo, Jan 23, 2014
  3. The ground thing is erratic for me - I'd say 80% of the time, it does fine and then 20%, it just loses me altogether so I have to stand up and wave to get it to see me again. That seems like more than a Kinect aiming thing. I like it when it docks me for
    poor form or not keeping up but just losing me altogether seems silly - my Kinect can clearly see the floor where I am at, in the field of vision and I'm a good 5 feet back, with the camera able to see to the end of the room (a further 8 or so feet).

PAFC-8B675B94-5D79-4EC5-970D-A0F3DBB31A14, Jan 23, 2014
  4. Satsumo
    Satsumo Guest

Xbox Fitness Feedback

Sorry maybe I didn't make myself clear....in the Kinect setup there is a process whereby it shows the floor in green....and you have the option to lower or raise the floor. That's what you need to get to and lower the floor right down. (If you've already
    done that - then apologies).

Satsumo, Jan 23, 2014
  5. No apologies needed - great that we can all share ideas.

I have tried that and it still loses me sometimes - like altogether so I'm still moving but there's no image of me in the box and I have to stop, get up and have it reacquire me.

It did it on the 360 sometimes as well but I was hopeful the Kinect 2.0 would do better with that. I wonder how it happens - perhaps it loses me against the couch behind me but if so, I would hope they could code it to attempt to find me again and pick up
    from the motion.

PAFC-8B675B94-5D79-4EC5-970D-A0F3DBB31A14, Jan 24, 2014
  6. SmuRf KiCk3R
    SmuRf KiCk3R Guest
    Has anyone tried to use the fitness app with 2 people? or know if you can workout beside someone and it read both people?

SmuRf KiCk3R, Feb 22, 2014
  7. Satsumo
    Satsumo Guest
    Good question @Smurf - I too would like to know if Xbox Fitness supports multiple users.

I regularly run (marathan and ultras) but got to say the 1 hour Xbox Fitness session I did yesterday had me aching as much as (if not more than) I do after completing a marathon. Seriously good (and not yet quite appreciated enough) feature of X1.

Satsumo, Mar 3, 2014
  8. Xbox Fitness Feedback

The buffering and quitting issues are driving me crazy. It is unbelievably frustrating. I'm so disappointed to see this thread is from January and I'm experiencing it in April.

Merrymcmuffin, Apr 21, 2014
  9. I've only used Xbox Fitness once and that's the whole reason I've only used it once - because it cuts out on you. What's the point if I can't get a full work-out?

Although, I don't pay for it. Is anyone who's paying for it have the same issues?

Galactic Geek, Apr 21, 2014
  10. BI Monkey
    BI Monkey Guest
    Yup. Paid content buffers just as bad, so I gave up using it. Is it so hard to provide a local download?

BI Monkey, Apr 22, 2014
  11. Z3D HUNT3R
    Z3D HUNT3R Guest
    Does anyone know if this issue has been resolved RE being able to download workouts locally rather then streaming everytime.

Z3D HUNT3R, Jul 22, 2014
  12. Cottonjaws
    Cottonjaws Guest
    @OP... I hear you... Try the Mossa fight workouts (there are 2 of them)... they're a little better but still have some unusual techniques (what's with those back kicks) and some questionable lingo in there... but are a reasonable workout...

I just think they need a few more workouts to add to the variety... once you've done a workout a dozen times or so it gets hard to get any more achievements out of it.... so you are encouraged to do any other workout poorly rather than doing that workout
    well.....

Cottonjaws, Jul 22, 2014
  13. JPep715
    JPep715 Guest

Xbox Fitness Feedback

I suggest light colored clothing

JPep715, Jul 22, 2014
  14. I'm having the same buffering problems mentioned, when I first started using fitness in June it was fine but has become worse and worse, now I can't get past the first 2 minutes without it buffering. I have a good internet connection and no problems when
    streaming anything else, films, youtube etc.

For me the quality of the video changes constantly almost like its trying to stream in HD even though its struggling, I don't care if its in HD or not as long as it keeps playing, its so frustrating when you're in the middle of an exercise and it just stops
    and even worse when the connection goes completely 5 minutes before the end of a 30 minute workout!!! Why not provide a video quality option so that if your internet speed isn't that great you can at least continue to stream the video and why can't it pre
    load the video?

The fact that you can't even download the fitness programs onto your xbox is crazy, we can buy games off the marketplace and install them, whats the difference!!!

I really enjoy Xbox Fitness and for me it finally made the Kinect something worth having but I'm am getting increasingly frustrated with it and my Xbox One, to make matters worse when 2015 comes around there won't be any free programs with a gold membership!!!

Disappointed and frustrated, these things should be so easy to solve but they just seem to get left.

IIDelta HeavyII, Aug 3, 2014
  15. This weekend, I've had the spinning-dots-of-death so currently can't work out at all which is very frustrating.

My workout yesterday was ok although the usual streaming quality issues that IIDelta HeavyII mentions in the post above - I gloss over those and just try to ignore them usually. At the end of the workout, when the spinning dots appear (calculating, loading,
    thinking - I don't know what process is running in the background), it started to crap out and so I was never able to go look at my scores, check achievements etc.

I quit the app and then started it up and it just never got beyond the part where the library, scores menu screen is supposed to appear - it just stalls at that point so you can hear the tunes, see your level in the top right corner etc. but nothing else.

I've reported it to MS via Twitter but it is so frustrating. I left it at that point today to see if it ever loads and it is about 90 minutes and just the spinning dots and the two tunes in the background. I tried all the usual stuff - power down, uninstall
    the app etc. but none of that has helped.

PAFC-8B675B94-5D79-4EC5-970D-A0F3DBB31A14, Sep 7, 2014
Thema:

Xbox Fitness Feedback

1. Xbox Fitness Feedback - Similar Threads - Fitness Feedback

2. My Sata usb3 wont fit in my wd ssd when i try to plug it in it stops im not sure if this is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Sata usb3 wont fit in my wd ssd when i try to plug it in it stops im not sure if this is...: I bought a SATA USB 3.0 as it was advertised as a SSD adapter and shown in the video to work but i cant seem to put it in my WD Blue SSD Whenever I do try to put it in it just stops and I am...
  3. is there any way to rotate xbox screen 90 degrees to fit a rotated monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    is there any way to rotate xbox screen 90 degrees to fit a rotated monitor?: is there any way to rotate xbox screen 90 degrees to fit a rotated monitor? bfc2f84b-55e2-447e-81be-7bee652bb8b5
  4. Can I get the Apple fitness app on Xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I get the Apple fitness app on Xbox?: I am unsure if we can get the Apple fitness app on Xbox 970e47fc-1b0d-4094-a696-a97cc686ec34
  5. Elite series 2 controller not registering right input when thumb know fitted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 controller not registering right input when thumb know fitted: As in the question when a know is fitted to the left joystick there is no right input. Worked perfectly fine the day prior to posting question and just not today. When removed works perfectly...
  6. I can’t seem to shrink down the Xbox screen to fit my TV and when I look in settings I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t seem to shrink down the Xbox screen to fit my TV and when I look in settings I...: For example, I was playing a fighting game and the inputs were displayed on the side. I literally couldn’t see the full inputs cause the screen wasn’t formatted to fit my TV which the TV works...
  7. Why does my display only fit correctly in dvi mode?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my display only fit correctly in dvi mode?: With optimal tv settings, the display for my Xbox one does not fit correctly in HDMI or recommend mode. It almost fits but a small (but crucial) portion is outside the border and not visible. If I...
  8. Xbox controller not fit for purpose

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller not fit for purpose: After spending over £500 on a Xbox series X on release date you expect the controller to last more than 15 months (just outside warranty) Forced to buy new controller to get best experience out...
  9. I cant use my Minecraft acc anymore (too long to fit it all here)

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant use my Minecraft acc anymore (too long to fit it all here): I won a Minecraft account but and was able to use it for a day now it needs verification and I don't have acces to any of that stuff and im logged out everywhere and I cant reach the guy because I...
  10. Not sure I'm correct area regarding my player feedback fit in the account section.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not sure I'm correct area regarding my player feedback fit in the account section.: I having problem with player feedback and why still have three stars.Not sure what I'm I doing wrong on xbox live. baa561f0-204b-4240-b3e6-550c51fb2e34