Xbox family settings ask a adult bug

Discus and support Xbox family settings ask a adult bug in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'm getting an issue when I' have to ask a parent to install games I had it off before submitted by /u/esouthern [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/esouthern, Mar 16, 2023.

1. /u/esouthern
    /u/esouthern Guest

I'm getting an issue when I' have to ask a parent to install games I had it off before

submitted by /u/esouthern
    [link] [comments]

/u/esouthern, Mar 16, 2023
  2. wi7bit Win User

Realms

Hi Arjunnand

It sounds like your Xbox (Microsoft) account is part of a family group and an adult on this account has blocked either playing multiplayer or joining clubs.

You will need to ask an adult in this group to remove these restrictions. This can be easily done using the Xbox family settings app.

Xbox Family Settings App | Xbox

Hope that helps.
  3. Tomcat360x Win User

Changing a child account to adult

Did account "A" remove account "B" from THEIR Family settings at Microsoft.com under the account settings? My brother had the same problem. He is 18 and under my family settings, he is under a "child account" because initially he was under 18. I had to remove
    him and add him again as an adult. When choosing to add a family member it asks if its a "child" or "adult". THE FAMILY settings does not take into consideration the age of the account holder, but how you categorize it under the Family settings. That will
    affect all online aspects regardless if the account holder is of adult age. The only remedy is for the original adult, in your case, Adult "A" has to completely remove "Account B". I find it strange you removed yourself, since child accounts don't have an
    option to do so on the family settings on Microsoft.com. This cannot be done on an Xbox console unless you're using the Edge Browser, not under the console's own Family Settings.

In my case I added my brother again, chose adult, and now his ms/xbox account is listed as an Adult. He can now play Fortnite and buy Game Pass subscription without asking for permission or being blocked access. In your case your
    now adult account can be removed again so you and Person "A" are not considered a family under Microsoft's family settings. This does not affect if you're game sharing and setting up a different Home Console for Xbox One.

Hope this helps.
  4. MoroseBadger600 Win User

Screen time

Hi

There is no other way to leave the family or change any of the settings than through adults in your family. The best thing to do is ask for a new password on the account that has adult permissions in the family and change your screen time

Hope this helps
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

How to sort minecraft multiplayer settings issue?

Hi Ruben

If you're an adult you should be able to see the "remove from the group" option once you click on the three little vertical dots next to "You"

If that's not the case you need to do this:

When you're not able to change your privacy settings the option left is join to a family group and ask to the family organizer / adult account to change the settings for you

https://account.microsoft.com/family/home

**If you're an adult you can ask to the family organizer to invite you as a family organizer as well, not member
  6. Arminator Win User

"Change your child’s Xbox privacy and online safety settings" when I try to access to my Xbox profile from the internet

Unless you are over the age of 18 your parents (or another adult guardian) has to make account settings for your teen account.

Ask an adult to add your teen account to their family at
    https://account.microsoft.com/family
Thema:

1. Xbox family settings ask a adult bug - Similar Threads - family settings ask

2. Why am I part of an xbox family even though I never had it set up that way or own an xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why am I part of an xbox family even though I never had it set up that way or own an xbox: My account is the child account in a family with no adult and I can’t figure out how to leave or what to do 9dfb969f-31d3-4fdb-8acc-c54fbda8325c
  3. How to remove family setting in a second hand Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to remove family setting in a second hand Xbox 360: Heyy n I've tried almost everything to remove the family setting but it not working out Is the anything I could do to remove or restart the console fb9bf81c-b458-48eb-ad5b-5cf97f944411
  4. How do I change family safety setting on cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I change family safety setting on cloud gaming: Cloud family is saying due to my family safety settings I can not play fortnight how do I change the settings d6773136-8ad0-4281-917e-6a2c605629ff
  5. How to remove family settings?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to remove family settings?: Hi all, I am currently trying to change my Account location/region however it is not letting me due to “Family settings” on my account. I have looked on my account and I was the host of a family,...
  6. Why is reporting in-game voice chat an option for players who opt out of family settings?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is reporting in-game voice chat an option for players who opt out of family settings?: Xbox needs to be for everyone, I clouding free-speaking adults whose gaming experience is enhanced by free speech, confrontation, dark humor, etc. If I wanted that, I'd be going to the local...
  7. I am the only memeber of my family group, and i cant change my own multiplayer settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am the only memeber of my family group, and i cant change my own multiplayer settings: i am the only member in my family group. I'm in a family group because my game told me Microsoft blocked me out of its own functions. the solution stated in Microsoft is to sign into family...
  8. Inability to change Xbox privacy settings despite the lack of a family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inability to change Xbox privacy settings despite the lack of a family: When I was trying to play Halo Infinite's Forge Experience, I was met with a prompt multiple times telling me that my privacy settings were preventing me from accessing Forge content. So, after...
  9. Xbox Family Settings appearing out of nowhere

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Family Settings appearing out of nowhere: For reference I am eighteen years old and my Xbox account has never been involved in a family group on Xbox. A few weeks ago now my Xbox account suddenly decided that I was in a family group and...
  10. Family Safety NOTIFICATION Settings... why can I not find a way to change them online?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family Safety NOTIFICATION Settings... why can I not find a way to change them online?: I have tried several "ask community threads" online and none of them have the solution. I have also contacted Microsoft through the phone and online chat to only get told the same thing as the...