Xbox Family Issue with Friends and Everyone Setting

Discus and support Xbox Family Issue with Friends and Everyone Setting in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have 2 kids in an Xbox Family. We have some custom settings for basically 13 year old content. I noticed that when my kids where online, they were... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/_Nismo, Sep 15, 2021.

1. /u/_Nismo
    /u/_Nismo Guest

I have 2 kids in an Xbox Family. We have some custom settings for basically 13 year old content. I noticed that when my kids where online, they were listed as Offline in my Xbox app. I could also not send any messages to them either. Other friends outside the Xbox family could see them listed as online and send messages. I thought that was strange.

I went into the Xbox Family settings and adjusted this:
    Other can see if you are online: Decide who can see that you're online and which games or app you're using. Settings: Block, Friends, Everyone

It was set for friends because I didn't want just anyone on Xbox communicating to them. I'm in their friends list, but still could not see them online. As soon as I set this to everyone, now I can see their status online.
    Same issue with the communications setting. Moving it from Friends to Everyone allowed me to send messages. Again, I was already part of their friends list, so why did that setting not work?

submitted by /u/_Nismo
    [link] [comments]

/u/_Nismo, Sep 15, 2021
  2. SammyVS Win User

Minecraft multiplayer not working

And on that page the account privacy settings are all like ''allow'' or ''everyone'', right?

https://account.xbox.com/Settings

Are you or your friend within a family group?
  3. HE6LLSP6AWN6 Win User

Minecraft is a meanie

If I am Understanding the situation correctly, You are unable to play with friends do to family settings.

If that is the case then it is no one outside of the console's fault, and complaining to everyone isnt going to do you or your friends anygood.

You will have to talk to your parent or guardians about changing the family settings, they may have it blocked to play multiplayer games, so ask them to lower it.

If you cant play with friends because of their family settings then have them ask their family to lower the settings.

Otherwise im sorry to say your problem will continue to exist until your family lifts the setting or you get your own system
  4. Sparty9399 Win User

Childs accounts are visible at the microsoft family, but not at xbox family

I am having the same issue trying to set my child'support profile to play minecraft with friends and we do not have a game console. they are in the family page on Microsoft family but I am not seeing the profile in Xbox settings to update the profile to
    allow playing minecraft with friends.

Please advise how to correct this issue.

Thanks

Bill
  5. Sparty9399 Win User

Childs accounts are visible at the microsoft family, but not at xbox family

I am having the same issue trying to set my child'support profile to play minecraft with friends and we do not have a game console. they are in the family page on Microsoft family but I am not seeing the profile in Xbox settings to update the profile to
    allow playing minecraft with friends.

Please advise how to correct this issue.

Thanks

Bill
  6. Lady Nataleigh Win User

Home Xbox switches

Be aware that sharing account information to friends is against the ToS and can result in a ban. If you wanna set another Home Xbox with a family member, you're going to have to wait a year like everyone else.
Thema:

1. Xbox Family Issue with Friends and Everyone Setting - Similar Threads - Family Issue Friends

2. How do I remove a family passcode from an Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I remove a family passcode from an Xbox 360?: I've been trying for 2 days to remove a family passcode from a used system with no luck (I'm unable to play Dead or Alive). I tried by myself on 4-10-2024 and today (4-11-2024) for an hour with...
  3. Issues with family account adding second child profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issues with family account adding second child profile: How do you add a second child to the family profile. I created the second child email account and now it states the child is already a part of the family but I do not see them on the family and...
  4. Issue with family account spending web page.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issue with family account spending web page.: The page for spending options for my childs account won't work. I've tried to access this web page from several different devices and it shows an error. I need to change settings for the account...
  5. Issues with Game Pass Ultimate not letting family members play at the same time.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues with Game Pass Ultimate not letting family members play at the same time.: Husband bought new Xbox Series X. We have Game Pass Ultimate. Our son could play all of his game pass games at the same time his dad was playing his Xbox before we got the new one. Now that we...
  6. Gamespass issues with family group

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamespass issues with family group: I'm a clueless mum with 3 kids and due to lack of telephone or chat support getting very frustrated. We're all under the Xbox family and I recently got gamepass ultimate free with bt. Problem is,...
  7. Issues with family account set up

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issues with family account set up: When creating the account for my child, I accidentally used the same email and password for both parent and child account, and now it has me locked in as child user, and I cannot change...
  8. Minecraft Bedrock Edition Family Share issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock Edition Family Share issue: Hello, so I’m trying to do family sharing of Minecraft Bedrock Edition with my girlfriend on her own laptop. I added her to the family, connected her device, downloaded Minecraft Launcher from...
  9. Microsoft Family account issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family account issue: Hello, I created a new profile and account for my child on our Xbox but a new parent account was generated using my phone number instead of my actual account. Help FAQ says I can just remove the...
  10. Multiple Family Settings Issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Multiple Family Settings Issues: Thank you to anyone that can be of assistance with the issues I am having. I have contacted support with little success, and I plan to give it another try, but perhaps you all can steer me in the...