Xbox error "windows cannot access the specified device Error while trying to open games"

Discus and support Xbox error "windows cannot access the specified device Error while trying to open games" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello sir, i can't play games at xbox windows and get notification error : Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by M. Fikar, May 16, 2023.

1. M. Fikar
    M. Fikar Guest

Xbox error "windows cannot access the specified device Error while trying to open games"

Hello sir, i can't play games at xbox windows and get notification error : Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. Just like people who have asked the same question at 2021, that i already getting all the permissions in the WindowsApps folder which changes nothing and i cant find any further solutions, i can't find any solution from youtube too and always same problem. You can see more with the video that I have included with the URL.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bgWBninL6HvtCHJPbCGmuzoN7AtvpYRu/view?usp=sharing

:)

M. Fikar, May 16, 2023
  2. AfamBoi Win User

Windows cannot access the specified device Error while trying to open games

I did and it does work on the other profile, so i can use it as a last resort. I would like to have it working on my main profile though, i dont like to switch between them
  3. andersonpassos Win User

the error has been occurring on windows 11, but nothing has been published about the problem by microsoft so far, and it does not occur with all users.
  4. andersonpassos Win User

it's probably some problem with the windows 11 profile that was created first, but I wouldn't know why.
  5. andersonpassos Win User

Have you tried to enter another account to create another profile and test with your account log into the app and the store?
  6. andersonpassos Win User

Thema:

1. Xbox error "windows cannot access the specified device Error while trying to open games" - Similar Threads - error windows cannot

2. Help me I am tied to install XBOX application on my window 11 single home version. Error...

in XBoX on Windows
    Help me I am tied to install XBOX application on my window 11 single home version. Error...: Help me I tied to install Xbox application. Also, I applied all below mentioned command on my laptop. My Window11 comes with Home Single edition 23H2 Version. this command applies my laptop and...
  3. I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a...: I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a fresh install of Windows 11. I was getting the error before reinstalling Windows 11 as well. I have...
  4. Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...: Ok so I was playing Fortnite and for a while I got off to take a break, 3hrs later I return (nothing has changed) and when I launch I get the issue in the title. I have tried literally everything...
  5. ERROR message: you signed out of your account It's a good idea to close all browser windows.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ERROR message: you signed out of your account It's a good idea to close all browser windows.: When I try to login to minecraft feedback it says: you signed out of your account It's a good idea to close all browser windows. I looked at another Question like this the answer was that you...
  6. How to fix "unable to connect to world" error on Minecraft Windows 10?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix "unable to connect to world" error on Minecraft Windows 10?: I've been playing Minecraft on Windows 10 with my friends for a long time with no issues. Last month, it started showing an error saying "unable to connect to world" whenever I try joining someone...
  7. Got this error in windows 11 on event viewer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Got this error in windows 11 on event viewer: This error : Faulting application name: faceitclient.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Exception code:...
  8. Error with Xbox app on PC. (Windows 10 64 BITS) (Tried: Reinstalling both Xbox live app and...

in XboX Insiders
    Error with Xbox app on PC. (Windows 10 64 BITS) (Tried: Reinstalling both Xbox live app and...: I need some help regarding the Xbox app on PC, everytime I try to open a game the following message appears "To enter Xbox, install this structure: Webview2 runtime", then an option appears which...
  9. Error code when trying to open xbox app on windows

in XBoX on Windows
    Error code when trying to open xbox app on windows: Does anyone know a way to get my issue to work? I have a Lenovo windows 11 gaming laptop and whenever i attempt to open the Xbox app to play my games, it always gives me an error code; I havent...
  10. Windows 10/11 Nintendo Switch Joycon Driver Error/Not Connecting

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10/11 Nintendo Switch Joycon Driver Error/Not Connecting: Just to discuss a common issue when pairing Nintendo Switch controllers on Bluetooth. It may work the first time, however you may find that when you return to pair again, it does not work, and the...