Xbox Enforcement on Conduct needs to be changed

Discus and support Xbox Enforcement on Conduct needs to be changed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was recently banned from using my account for a day because of a "conduct violation" that I felt was completely unjust and things need to be changed.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by texas ned, Oct 24, 2017.

1. texas ned
    texas ned Guest

I was recently banned from using my account for a day because of a "conduct violation" that I felt was completely unjust and things need to be changed. I am sure other players have experienced a situation like mine: I was playing 2k and after a game some
    other player thought it was necessary to message me to tell me that I suck and that I need to uninstall that game. After some back and fourth I told this guy to play me and he said no because I suck and this led to me calling him a "puss." This other player
    must've reported me because I got a message that I was banned from using live services for a period of time. It seems like the other players entire goal of our conversation was to get me suspended, and it was so easy because of the way the conduct works. I
    thought this was completely unjustified because whoever conducts live enforcement never saw what this guy was saying to me even if he didn't swear it was worse than me calling him a "puss," but just because I sent it in a message, not over the mic I am suspended.
    This player was clearly not younger than 18 and I am sure he could handle the word puss with a gamertag that had the word Backwoods (Blunt Wraps) in it. I have had this particular account for 9 years and have been paying for gold every year, yet I get suspended
    for this? That is not right. I understand the code of conduct is a very black and white issue, the unhelpful person in the chat assistance room made that clear along with that there is nothing I can do to appeal this because the review period is longer than
    my suspension. How can I be suspended without room for an appeal if there is only one meager violation of conduct when my side of the story is not even brought to the table. Xbox has gotta fix this issue, stop suspending players who do not deserve it, most
    of the time its the person who is reporting. Fix your service or you are going to piss people off and lose customers

:)

texas ned, Oct 24, 2017
  2. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    My gamertag change

Hey ScaryCalf, your old gamertag violated the Code of Conduct and was changed by the enforcement team. You will need to pay $10 to switch it something that you want.

x24hrs2livex, Oct 24, 2017
  3. medium bloke
    medium bloke Guest
    the hits just keep coming. First rewards now the gamer tag.

Hi there,

As per the Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct, if you have an offensive Gamertag, or if it contains content that is against the Code of Conduct, it can be changed by the Enforcement Team.

However, you will have to pay for the Gamertag to be changed. There is usually no way of having them change it for you for free.

medium bloke, Oct 24, 2017
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

Doesn't matter who started it,if you respond in way the violates the ToU/CoC you risk being suspended,doesn't matter how old you thing the other person is.

Doesn't matter how long you've had the account,doesn't make you exempt from the rules.

How do you even know that was the reason you were suspended? Due to the time it takes to investigate a report it could of been for something you did several weeks ago or longer.

Seriously,it's not that hard to just report & block someone being abusive over live,don't respond.

Enforcement is fine the way it is.

A case review takes longer than 24 hours to process which is why you can't appeal a 24 hour suspension.

The suspension would be over by the time the case review was completed.

Daft Badger, Oct 24, 2017
  5. I'm always on the fence about 24 hour suspensions.

On one hand they are a quick warning to people that they've done wrong and should look at their behaviour. On the other they can't be appealed through the case review system, so if Microsoft did get it wrong a person could have lost a day's worth of online
    gaming because of no fault of their own.

Now I know most people will simply say "it's only a day, it doesn't really matter" and in the grand scheme of things I do agree with you. Yet I can imagine if you've had a tough few days at work, you only get one day off, to then discover that you can't play
    because someone else made an error, would be very frustrating indeed.

Which actually leads me to a question. If you appeal a suspension or ban, and Microsoft find in your favour, do you get that lost Gold time added back onto your subscription?

Zen Like Calm, Oct 24, 2017
  6. texas ned
    texas ned Guest
    How can they justify a suspension on me when in reality it should be given to the other guy. The fact that you don't get to review the situation with the people who decided when enforcement is needed can't be right. I am not trying to be "exempt from the
    rules" I am just saying in this circumstance this guy was just trying to get me suspended as I figured out later and he was violating the code more than I was, puss is a cat. Also, why do they not inform you of the situation you are being suspended for because
    besides this situation I have not done anything to violate to CoC so that would not make sense.

texas ned, Oct 24, 2017
  7. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Because regardless of what the other guy did, you also did something to violate the code. So you are equally at fault. It's best to just report the other guy and block communications with them rather than respond to them. There's also no way for you to know
    for sure whether the other guy received a suspension as well.

Smwutches, Oct 24, 2017
  8. texas ned
    texas ned Guest

I am very aware of the code violation I did; however, I feel if situations like this were given more time and input from players, than they could stop people who are just looking to get other players suspended. Most people aren't going to ignore comments
    they take an offense to and will probably stand up for themselves.

texas ned, Oct 24, 2017
  9. texas ned
    texas ned Guest
    For me its not the fact that I am suspended for a day, although it does piss me off , I understand the violation. I am just saying that things should be changed when enforcing conduct because I feel like players are getting suspended without reason or just
    because others are trying to get them suspended. Everybody is paying for this service and when they don't have access to it they should be given a clear reason and possibly a way to back themselves up to life the suspension

texas ned, Oct 24, 2017
  10. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    You are responsible for all actions carried under your account. Its like laws. Governments create laws and rules which govern our behaviour. Without them, society will be in utter chaos. Its not the rules that are in question, its your behaviour which is.
    Fact.

Also google definition words found in the COC like harassment etc. The definition google and dictionaries give provide a long definition of those words and youre like o....

Judging from your posts, I detect a number of behaviour issues. Starting off with not polite words coming from you.

smileskybird, Oct 24, 2017
  11. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest
    Ok.

1: you did deserve getting banned because you messaged him saying whatever it was you said.

2: Go to 1

What you should have done is be an adult and just either ignore the message from the player or mute, block and report them.

If you try and be "the man" then you'll always get banned and the other player always wins.

Shaggy2000, Oct 25, 2017
  12. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest
    So how long would it take to get a ban doing it your way? also you would then have "he said this and he said that" "no I didn't" etc etc.

The way it is at the moment it is all black and white, they can look through the conversation log and see what was said and apply a ban where appropriate.

As for why the other person didn't get banned, that's because you didn't report the other player.

Shaggy2000, Oct 25, 2017
  13. Xbox Enforcement on Conduct needs to be changed

This encompasses the entire issue, right here. But what you want is just not feasible. Enforcement is not a baby sitting service and I seriously doubt they have time to be. They don't need to spend more time listening to every little pissing match that comes
    along. All that does is allow each side to make up their own version of why the other side "started it". The process is black and white for a good reason. It doesn't matter "who started it", a code violation is a code violation and users of the service are
    expected to be mature enough to understand that.

This brings up the other problem that so many people seem to misunderstand. "...they could stop people who are just looking to get other players suspended." NOPE... that's right, I said nope... bottom line is that they can't stop anyone if they're not aware
    of the problem, and rather than use the tools you have available to report and block that person, you chose to be no better than that person and violate the CoC just like s/he did. It's your job to use the tools they've made available to alert enforcement
    of a problem user. It's also your job to exercise some self control and not engage trolls at their own level, which only makes the problem worse. Like it or don't, but that's the truth of it. It's enforcement's job to uphold the CoC and take appropriate action
    against problem users, but that job can't be done properly unless we, as a community, do ours. You didn't do that and the other guy exploited it.

I believe we should append the "Ignore - Report - Block" statement that seems so popular around here to; Above all... Exercise Self Control... then Ignore - Report - Block.

A Blue Illusion, Oct 25, 2017
  14. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest
    I don't particularly like the way that enforcement is run. It's like a secret court where, in some cases, you can't appeal a conviction.

I don't think the issue with not being able to submit a case review for a 24 hour suspension is that the review would take longer than the suspension. That's beside the point. If I got wrongfully suspended I'd have a black mark next to my name, I'd lose
    a day of Live, I'd be kicked from the preview program and wouldn't be able to reapply to get in for at least a year, and maybe I would be removed as an ambassador too (I'm not sure on the rules for that), but I would not be able to do a thing about it.

In terms of a percentage, I doubt many suspensions/bans are issued in error, and in terms of case reviews, I suspect that a high percentage of them are just people who know they're guilty trying it on, but no system is 100% infallible and that's why some level
    of transparency and an appeals process are important.

As for the "bait and report" idiots, I do wish MS would look at the context of a conversation and not just a single message taken in isolation. The expectation is that if a person receives multiple messages calling them racist names and telling them to kill
    themselves, that they should keep a 100% cool head. I know someone who got a 24 hour suspension after he messaged someone and told them to stop being an **** (he used the real word in the message) because they'd repeatedly messaged racist abuse at him. I do
    understand that it would make it more difficult and more time consuming to enforce Live though, as well as making offences more open to interpretation, which in itself can cause problems, but to call the system "fair" to actual users isn't something that I
    could do in all honesty.

I also don't like that if a person is perma-banned, they can't re-download any of their games/DLC and I'm surprised that nobody has tested the legality of that in court yet. I'm all for getting abusive players off Xbox Live, but that means not letting them
    play games or communicate with people - that should be enough.

SigmaTheDJ, Nov 1, 2018
  15. Shaggy2000 Win User

"it's only a day, it doesn't really matter"

For me its not the fact that I am suspended for a day, although it does piss me off , I understand the violation. I am just saying that things should be changed when enforcing conduct because I feel like players are getting suspended without reason or just
    because others are trying to get them suspended. Everybody is paying for this service and when they don't have access to it they should be given a clear reason and possibly a way to back themselves up to life the suspension
    So how long would it take to get a ban doing it your way? also you would then have "he said this and he said that" "no I didn't" etc etc.

The way it is at the moment it is all black and white, they can look through the conversation log and see what was said and apply a ban where appropriate.

As for why the other person didn't get banned, that's because you didn't report the other player.
  16. texas ned Win User

How can they justify a suspension on me when in reality it should be given to the other guy. The fact that you don't get to review the situation with the people who decided when enforcement is needed can't be right. I am not trying to be "exempt from the
    rules" I am just saying in this circumstance this guy was just trying to get me suspended as I figured out later and he was violating the code more than I was, puss is a cat. Also, why do they not inform you of the situation you are being suspended for because
    besides this situation I have not done anything to violate to CoC so that would not make sense.
  17. A Blue Illusion Win User

I am very aware of the code violation I did; however, I feel if situations like this were given more time and input from players, than they could stop people who are just looking to get other players suspended. Most people aren't going to ignore comments
    they take an offense to and will probably stand up for themselves.
    This encompasses the entire issue, right here. But what you want is just not feasible. Enforcement is not a baby sitting service and I seriously doubt they have time to be. They don't need to spend more time listening to every little pissing match that comes
    along. All that does is allow each side to make up their own version of why the other side "started it". The process is black and white for a good reason. It doesn't matter "who started it", a code violation is a code violation and users of the service are
    expected to be mature enough to understand that.

This brings up the other problem that so many people seem to misunderstand. "...they could stop people who are just looking to get other players suspended." NOPE... that's right, I said nope... bottom line is that they can't stop anyone if they're not aware
    of the problem, and rather than use the tools you have available to report and block that person, you chose to be no better than that person and violate the CoC just like s/he did. It's your job to use the tools they've made available to alert enforcement
    of a problem user. It's also your job to exercise some self control and not engage trolls at their own level, which only makes the problem worse. Like it or don't, but that's the truth of it. It's enforcement's job to uphold the CoC and take appropriate action
    against problem users, but that job can't be done properly unless we, as a community, do ours. You didn't do that and the other guy exploited it.

I believe we should append the "Ignore - Report - Block" statement that seems so popular around here to; Above all... Exercise Self Control... then Ignore - Report - Block.
  18. Shaggy2000 Win User

Ok.

1: you did deserve getting banned because you messaged him saying whatever it was you said.

2: Go to 1

What you should have done is be an adult and just either ignore the message from the player or mute, block and report them.

If you try and be "the man" then you'll always get banned and the other player always wins.
  19. smileskybird Win User

You are responsible for all actions carried under your account. Its like laws. Governments create laws and rules which govern our behaviour. Without them, society will be in utter chaos. Its not the rules that are in question, its your behaviour which is.
    Fact.

Also google definition words found in the COC like harassment etc. The definition google and dictionaries give provide a long definition of those words and youre like o....

Judging from your posts, I detect a number of behaviour issues. Starting off with not polite words coming from you.
Thema:

1. Xbox Enforcement on Conduct needs to be changed - Similar Threads - Enforcement Conduct needs

2. How to contact Xbox enforcement. Wrongfully banned account

in XBoX on Windows
    How to contact Xbox enforcement. Wrongfully banned account: My main Xbox account was banned in 2019/2020 and I still don’t know why I’ve tried appealing enforcement never got back to me I’ve called support get turned away everytime. Is there seriously no...
  3. I see enforcement on xbox but on the current enforcement its not there

in XBoX on Windows
    I see enforcement on xbox but on the current enforcement its not there: Hi Xbox I recently got suspended my xbox says I am but the enforcement site does not. 4777b740-63e4-460a-bb7e-24985534aefe
  4. Xbox enforcement problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox enforcement problem: I was recently suspended on Xbox I've checked the enforcement websites but no action suspension [img] b2554e98-3488-4169-8b9e-9f4cae8918ac
  5. Why is Xbox enforcement so soft?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is Xbox enforcement so soft?: I just got a communication ban on my account for the comment of “wild lmao”. I genuinely have no idea how that would result in a ban in any universe. So I would like to know when did Xbox...
  6. How can I contact the Xbox Enforcement Team

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I contact the Xbox Enforcement Team: Is there a number or an email that I can use to reach out to them? 705dde7f-ff09-453f-b855-c071c37f081f
  7. I was playing my pc then i got bored and hopped on my xbox just to see xbox enforcement...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was playing my pc then i got bored and hopped on my xbox just to see xbox enforcement...: i discovered that someone hacked my account messaged therself something innopropriate 5 times and got me banned for a year a26123ac-ca1e-4a45-a903-e580fb784fa1
  8. How to I directly contact the Microsoft Enforcement team? And. Is the Microsoft Enforcement...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to I directly contact the Microsoft Enforcement team? And. Is the Microsoft Enforcement...: Hello my name is Daniel and I'd like to report a player/account. And I know you can via xbox but not for this specific action. The player extorted pretty much not "literally" cause I know this is...
  9. How do I appeal a ban if there are no active suspensions or enforcement history on my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I appeal a ban if there are no active suspensions or enforcement history on my account?: I can't contact support because the account is banned but there is no enforcement on the account so I can't contact through that either [img] ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Accessibility /...
  10. How do i get rid of an enforcement after someone founf out my info and got me ban from...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i get rid of an enforcement after someone founf out my info and got me ban from...: I got an enforcement after someone figured out my info and i changed it and got an enforcement how do i get rid of it. *** Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Account and profile / Account management...