Xbox-Email associated with gamertag deleted; no way to access account save data on the...

Discus and support Xbox-Email associated with gamertag deleted; no way to access account save data on the... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Some time ago I foolishly deleted the old email address associated with my gamertag in an attempt to clean up my phone and other things. Until what I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by brightside_up, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Xbox-Email associated with gamertag deleted; no way to access account save data on the...

Some time ago I foolishly deleted the old email address associated with my gamertag in an attempt to clean up my phone and other things. Until what I assume is a recent update I hadn't been required to use my password to access my account on either my Xbox 360 or Xbox One on the occasion I'd play offline/single player/split screen games (neither system had been connected to the internet in well over a year if not much longer) but after I decided to reconnect both consoles to the internet and download the latest updates both were relentlessly asking for my password which almost certainly isn't working because the email used to the account on both consoles was deleted. This means I'm not able to access any of the save data/files on the hard drives of either console meaning the hundreds of hours spent between those games over more than a decade is now inaccessible.

I am not the first person to encounter this problem as another user posed the same question on this forum over 4 years ago and over 100 users apparently clicked the "I have the same question" button since then, however the thread I found was locked and the suggestion of talking to a customer service representative over the phone (possibly to change the associated email directly to my current Outlook address or otherwise access the gamertag/account which may still exist in some form, a prospect itself described as a "longshot" by the user posting the reply) no longer appears to be possible as the automated system that has replaced speaking to a human being which I spent over an hour searching through and experimenting with (including telling you directly that "phone calls are not available for this issue" for every tangibly related issue I presented it with in hopes of getting some answers) apparently does not recognize this as a common (enough) problem or would otherwise give any useful information as to how to rectify it or even at least state outright that it's an issue that can't be fixed.

What's most frustrating about this is that I have no interest in playing any of these games online where applicable anymore (I assume nearly all if not every online service once offered for these games (especially those for the 360) have been shut down) but that the single player data is still located on the hard drives and I had accessed both only a few days ago before the updates were installed. Had I know this would've happened I wouldn't have updated either console.

Is there any possibility that this can be fixed in the current year? The previous thread was locked before any user could confirm whether or not the suggested attempts at salvaging the accounts were successful.

:)

brightside_up, Jan 23, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Xbox-Email associated with gamertag deleted; no way to access account save data on the systems' hard drives

3. Georges C. Win User

Xbox-Email associated with gamertag deleted; no way to access account save data on the systems' hard drives

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Brightside_up, unfortunately to recover an account you will always need the email account, phone number you entered as input method if you entered one or Skype name.

However, in this case would be to use the former Uservoice, that now works on Insider on the Reddit platform to make this recommendation to Microsoft.

Insider Ideas

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas/
  4. brightside_up Win User

The link you provided is the same one that all the other resources online or over the phone lead back to. I can't seem to find the option of requesting an account takeover with the amount of experimentation I've attempted with the options provided on that page. Searching anything tangibly resembling "Microsoft/Xbox account takeover" in any search engine simply provides results about accounts being hacked. There doesn't seem to be any way to actually request it as with everything else that would describe my problem since I still can't talk to a real person and explain something not in their system, unless I've missed something.
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, I'm sorry about what happened to your account, however in this case you should contact Xbox Customer Service and request an ATO (Account Takeover), this is because this forum is public viewing and unfortunately as independent consultants we do not have access there is some data and procedures that Xbox Support has.

However, ATO is a similar procedure to the online form, but done by a Microsoft agent, it will need as much information as possible for you to do the procedure.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

Because here in the community we are independent consultants, so we do not have access to the same information and tools that support has.

Each account recovery case is unique, and if you request the ATO, you must wait for a response from Microsoft's investigation department.
  6. brightside_up Win User

I've already tried this twice with as much information as I could provide before starting this thread. The automated system determined both times that "the information provided was not sufficient for [it] to validate [my] account ownership." I assume the automated email itself isn't able to mention if the account it's trying to review actually exists or not, so I have no way of knowing if that is actually the issue or if I genuinely couldn't provide sufficient enough data. As with the issue generally, I can't talk to a real representative directly that can look into the system to tell me what's actually going on.
Thema:

Xbox-Email associated with gamertag deleted; no way to access account save data on the...

1. Xbox-Email associated with gamertag deleted; no way to access account save data on the... - Similar Threads - Email associated gamertag

2. How to change what email adress my xbox account is associated with?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change what email adress my xbox account is associated with?: My xbox account is set up using my dad's email adress but I wish to change it to my email adress without losing any progress or anything. How can I do this? c164b583-f18f-49b5-a12c-937c2c229219
  3. Change email associated with Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change email associated with Xbox: Im trying to add my son’s email ending in @hotmail.com to his Xbox. Previously it was mine ending @hotmail.com. I’ve gone to add his email address as an alias then remove mine. Firstly, it...
  4. How do I recover my username /email associated with my long-time running gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I recover my username /email associated with my long-time running gamertag?: How do I recover my username /email associated with my long-time running gamertag? ad1ee8e6-71bf-4cf0-aa91-3219d9c40cab
  5. How do I change the email associated with the Microsoft account for my Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change the email associated with the Microsoft account for my Xbox: So out of nowhere when I first turn on my Xbox and go to sign into my gamer profile I’ve had a message come up that says “ because you are accessing sensitive information we need you to put in the...
  6. How can I get my original Microsoft account associated with my new email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I get my original Microsoft account associated with my new email?: I cannot access my Microsoft account because the password is 20+ years old and the email associated with it does not exist anymore. I had to create another account to ask this question. I just...
  7. Xboxlive Gamertag associated with dead email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xboxlive Gamertag associated with dead email: I have been using the same Xbox live account / gamertag for a VERY long time now. However the account is associated with an old school email that has since been deleted. I have tried to recover...
  8. Changing primary email associated with a gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing primary email associated with a gamertag?: I got my Xbox when I was 13 years old and too young to have my own email. Due to this, we used my mothers email address to sign up for my Xbox account. Now, 10 years later at the age of 23, I...
  9. Changing the associated email of a gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing the associated email of a gamertag: I know this question has been asked for a number of years but it's still unclear if it can be done. When I originally set up my child's xbox I used my main MS email address, He's subsequently...
  10. How do I recover a gamertag/find the email and associated account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I recover a gamertag/find the email and associated account?: Hello all. I recently reset my console due to certain games not updating and constantly getting stuck on said loading screen. However, this has caused me to lose or be locked out of my gamertag...