XBOX Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 XBOX Accessories App doesn't support latest...

Discus and support XBOX Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 XBOX Accessories App doesn't support latest... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I've got an Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 controller; I was using this on Windows 11 PC, and it had faults when connecting by Bluetooth;... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by drew kelso, Feb 13, 2023.

1. drew kelso
    drew kelso Guest

XBOX Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 XBOX Accessories App doesn't support latest...

Hi,

I've got an Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 controller; I was using this on Windows 11 PC, and it had faults when connecting by Bluetooth; when you do that, it would trigger the XBOX Guide when you press button A, meaning the controller was useless wirelessly. On direct USB C Connection, no problem.

On various threads, the solution is to 'update the firmware' but the version of the XBOX Accessories App on Windows 11 isn't correct; it was only for the old version of the firmware. So, you could get all the settings mapped, but you COULD NOT update the firmware; the option simply isn't there, as the app doesn't have the new firmware. You can't forceupdate the app, nor does resetting the app, or reinstalling the app work.

I am fortunately enough to have an XBOX Series S as well, so I connected the device via USB to the console, it spotted it needed an update, and updated the firmware on the controller.

I can now connect to Windows 11 and use it fine on the computer by Bluetooth, the buttons work fine.

But... I want to be able to configure the light and mapping now - so I start XBOX Accessories... and it says that the app does not support this version of the controller - again, the fault is the XBOX Accessories app, it does look like it's out of date and has not been updated by Microsoft in quite some time. (NB: Yes, I've tried when connected with cable, it says you can't configure by Bluetooth, so you connect a cable, and then it says it doesn't support it!)

This means that although I have a good bluetooth connection now, I cannot (even when cable connected to the machine) update settings, mappings and profiles, which is a big plus on using the device (that's why it's more expensive than the standard XBOX controller - so you can configure and remap on it!)

Could you please contact support teams, and get the app updated, or provide me with a timeline for this, since I can't use the full features of the device.

UPDATE: 13 March 2022

Posting as an edit, since no matter how many times I try, when I try and reply it doesn't let me, just whirls around and doesn't commit. So, if Microsoft can't check their forums arne't working, I don't have too much hope on £150 controller being fixed...

Sadly, the update from the Microsoft Expert below doesn't solve the issue.

When I downgrade, I can no longer use the device wireless by Bluetooth, as it loses functionality.

So - it's either have a lower version of the firmware and allow me to configure and remap the buttons, but have to have a permanent USB connection (the Bluetooth on the lower versio doens't work, it sees button inputs as doubled, for example pressing A opens the guide as well as triggers button A - this isn't in the config anywhere, and can't unmap it, it just happens.)

Or, it's the higher version of the firmware and the controller works through Bluetooth, but you can't configure the buttons \ lights in the app.

This in't acceptable - is there a partial refund I can get for having this expensive thing not behaving the way it should (I'd accept a credit of £75 to use in the Microsoft Store as half the price of the device, since I can't use half the main function) or is there a way you can get a team on updating the firmware?

UPDATE: 13 FEBRUARY 2023

I COPIED THE ABOVE FROM PREVIOUS FORUM POST.
    I am having the exact same issue with a new elite series 2 controller.

:)

drew kelso, Feb 13, 2023
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox elite series 2 controller issue, anyone else having this problem?

3. XS1CkSk1LLZX94 Win User

Elite controller

4. XBF Diego M Win User

Are Xbox Wireless Controller user remap profiles supported when connecting to Windows 10 PC via bluetooth? Works fine when USB

Hi

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to answer that.

Customizing user profiles on a Windows 10 PC is not supported via Bluetooth. Any Bluetooth capable Xbox One controllers will need to be plugged in via USB-C or through the Xbox Wireless Adapter if you want to customize and use custom profiles. The Xbox Accessories
    app will not detect your controller over Bluetooth connection.

Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2  

Things to keep in mind:

• The Xbox Accessories app is only available on Xbox One and Windows 10.
    • To configure the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update (or later) and make sure your PC has the latest fixes.

See how to get updates
    • The Xbox Accessories app won’t detect your controller if you’re using Bluetooth to connect to your PC. Connect your controller using Xbox Wireless, or plug the included USB-C cable into the back of the Xbox Elite Wireless
      Controller Series 2 and plug the other end into your PC. For more info, see
      How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC

I hope this helps!
  5. EzequielNeves19 Win User

How do I change my controller LED light?

6. XBF Amber M Win User

Cannot configure xbox elite series 2 in Accessories app

Hi a.rogausch,

Thanks for keeping us updated with your replies. If I'm understanding what is happening correctly, when you attempt to begin customizing your Elite controller series 2 using your Windows 10 PC & the Xbox Accessories app, you receive a gray box that
    doesn't allow you to continue. Is this correct?

To configure the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, please make sure that the Windows 10 May 2019 Update (or later) is installed and make sure your PC has the latest fixes. This includes any updates to the apps as well.

Update Windows 10

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store << to troubleshoot the Accessories app

This support article may also help you out: Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 .

Please give the troubleshooting solutions a try and let us know the results.

I hope that this helps you out a bit more!
Thema:

1. XBOX Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 XBOX Accessories App doesn't support latest... - Similar Threads - Elite Wireless Controller

2. Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 rubber grip coming loose

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 rubber grip coming loose: The right hand rubber grip has started to work loose from the controller, how do I get it repaired? Many thanks, David 8c725e43-a109-46f0-ba31-3889431b1181
  3. Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.: I recently built a new pc and have gone from Windows 10 to Windows 11 in the process. I am using the same controller as I was on my old pc that worked perfectly, but this time after about a minute...
  4. Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC: I just bought an Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core for my PC use. The Bluetooth works fine at the beginning. But the Xbox bar shows up whenever I push the A button. So I...
  5. XBox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller only turning on when cable plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller only turning on when cable plugged in: Hi, I recently got an Elite Series 2 controller and am super happy about it, but something is totally wrong unfortunately. 1. The controller will only switch on when I plug the USB C cable in,...
  6. Am I able to send in my Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 to Microsoft for them to fix?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Am I able to send in my Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 to Microsoft for them to fix?: My Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2's RB either doesn't work when I press it or has a delayed input, and my warranty has expired. So am I still able to send in the controller to Microsoft...
  7. XBOX Elite Series 2 wireless controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Elite Series 2 wireless controller keeps disconnecting: Hello i recently got a brand new XBOX Elite Series 2 wireless controller to play games from the game pass on my pc wirelessly. But i was annoyed that my controller keeps disconnecting after 5min...
  8. Requested Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 repair and did not get my item back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Requested Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 repair and did not get my item back: Sent my controller for repair and they only sent back the d pad and thumb sticks. I have no idea of the next steps or if I will be receiving my controller. Is any one able to assist?...
  9. I have a Xbox Elite Series Wireless Controller 2, my "A" button sticks when i press it

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox Elite Series Wireless Controller 2, my "A" button sticks when i press it: Hello everyone, i had purchased a Xbox Series Wireless Controller 2. It is still under warranty till 12/12/2023. Lately i have been facing an issues specifically with "A" button. Whenever i press...
  10. Returning Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core

in XBoX on Consoles
    Returning Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core: I sent the controller off for repair due to a faulty trigger. This has now come back, but after just a couple of days, the DPad right button doesn't work at all. If I go onto the Microsoft...