Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Came Back From Being Repaired MORE Broken?

Discus and support Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Came Back From Being Repaired MORE Broken? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I recently sent my Elite Controller back to Microsoft to get repaired (within its 1 year warranty) and I just got it back today. The good news, the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Michael McGaw, Nov 8, 2022.

1. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Came Back From Being Repaired MORE Broken?

So I recently sent my Elite Controller back to Microsoft to get repaired (within its 1 year warranty) and I just got it back today. The good news, the bumper that was broken got fixed. The BAD news, the magnets that hold the back paddles in one side seems to now be broken, and the paddles just fall out of the controller! This seems to not just be an isolated issue, and other people on the forums have been returned broken controllers as well.

Do I have to go through the entire process again and wait another few weeks to send my controller back to be repaired? It seems crazy that MS wouldn't just issue new replacements when it's their own products that can't even make it a year without breaking with moderate use.

:)

Michael McGaw, Nov 8, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Came Back From Being Repaired MORE Broken?

Hi Michael McGaw,

Thank you for posting Xbox Community Forum.

We know this might sounds cliché, but we sincerely apologize for this unfavorable event that's happening on your end. In as much as we really love to assist you with your issue, we would highly recommend doing the same process. send back the controller. You may also now opt to request for a new replacement as long as it still covered in the warranty period since the repaired one is still not usable. We hope you will not let this experience dominate your judgment. At the end of the day, we are same consumer, we definitely know how you feel about this.

We wish you a good day!

Kind regards

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Mr. Costanzo III Win User

I need help with the same issue. Elite 2 repair came back with a different issue but when I fill out another repair request, I can only select Accessories. I supposedly spoke with a Microsoft Support rep, but haven't heard from them in a week. How do I get this resolved?
  4. Michael McGaw Win User

Thanks for the reply Geri. Is there a way to specifically request a NEW controller when doing the repair/return process under warranty? I’d love to be able to specify that I don’t want the same controller back… appreciate the help.
  5. Geri M. Win User

Hello Michael McGaw,

Thank you for your response, Michael McGaw, there's no harm in trying as they say. Why not try to specify it on your request? Just to be aware that here on Forums, we have no access on device repair/replacement as we have a different department on that. As long as your controller is still under warranty, especially if you have just recently bought it, then you may talk to our designated support on that.

We hope that you can get back to gaming soon.

EDITED:

If you have other concerns, you can create a new post here.

Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Best regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. kyle_m4496 Win User

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Came Back From Being Repaired Broken

Hi. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

I'm very sorry to hear that. As this is a community forum, I'm afraid we won't be able to assist with this query. For further assistance with creating a new service order, please contact Xbox Support: https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Thanks,
    Kyle
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Came Back From Being Repaired MORE Broken? - Similar Threads - Elite Wireless Controller

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  3. Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 rubber grip coming loose

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 rubber grip coming loose: The right hand rubber grip has started to work loose from the controller, how do I get it repaired? Many thanks, David 8c725e43-a109-46f0-ba31-3889431b1181
  4. Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.: I recently built a new pc and have gone from Windows 10 to Windows 11 in the process. I am using the same controller as I was on my old pc that worked perfectly, but this time after about a minute...
  5. Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC: I just bought an Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core for my PC use. The Bluetooth works fine at the beginning. But the Xbox bar shows up whenever I push the A button. So I...
  6. XBox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller only turning on when cable plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller only turning on when cable plugged in: Hi, I recently got an Elite Series 2 controller and am super happy about it, but something is totally wrong unfortunately. 1. The controller will only switch on when I plug the USB C cable in,...
  7. Am I able to send in my Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 to Microsoft for them to fix?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Am I able to send in my Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 to Microsoft for them to fix?: My Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2's RB either doesn't work when I press it or has a delayed input, and my warranty has expired. So am I still able to send in the controller to Microsoft...
  8. XBOX Elite Series 2 wireless controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Elite Series 2 wireless controller keeps disconnecting: Hello i recently got a brand new XBOX Elite Series 2 wireless controller to play games from the game pass on my pc wirelessly. But i was annoyed that my controller keeps disconnecting after 5min...
  9. Requested Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 repair and did not get my item back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Requested Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 repair and did not get my item back: Sent my controller for repair and they only sent back the d pad and thumb sticks. I have no idea of the next steps or if I will be receiving my controller. Is any one able to assist?...
  10. I have a Xbox Elite Series Wireless Controller 2, my "A" button sticks when i press it

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox Elite Series Wireless Controller 2, my "A" button sticks when i press it: Hello everyone, i had purchased a Xbox Series Wireless Controller 2. It is still under warranty till 12/12/2023. Lately i have been facing an issues specifically with "A" button. Whenever i press...