Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2: Bluetooth headset attached

Discus and support Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2: Bluetooth headset attached in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a pair of headphones that connect to my PC through a USB Bluetooth adapter, and I've been using them together with the Elite controller (using... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BleedGrills, Oct 18, 2022.

1. BleedGrills
    BleedGrills Guest

I have a pair of headphones that connect to my PC through a USB Bluetooth adapter, and I've been using them together with the Elite controller (using its own official Wireless adapter) for about a year without any issues.

Yesterday I noticed that my game would sometimes start stuttering and this often led me to experience temporary audio loss. Interestingly enough, certain programs like Discord, which require user confirmation to switch input/output devices, showed the confirmation messages but were not affected by the audio loss. To my surprise, the pop-ups indicated that a new audio device had been found: an "Xbox Controller".

After checking Windows sound settings I discovered that two new audio devices had been added and set to default. Both input and output, related to an "Xbox Controller". I disallowed both and set my preferred devices back to default. I proceeded to test the controller wirelessly and connected through the official USB that was in the controller's packaging. The issue persisted. The Xbox Accessories app indicates that the controller has some sort of headset attached to it, which I can only assume is meant to represent my wireless headphones.

Finally, after trying several fixes that I found online, I decided to revert the controller's firmware through the link provided by Microsoft's troubleshooting guide. I could still use the controller wirelessly, and the stuttering disappeared, but my LT and RT buttons stopped working altogether. Re-installing the newest firmware fixed the issue with the buttons, but the stuttering is back.

I have tried:

• Disabling the controller's audio drivers and uninstalling the device altogether through Device Manager.
    • Re-installing the Xbox Accessories app after getting rid of it.
    • Checking for main and optional Windows Updates.
    • Removing the headphones from my devices and pairing them again.
    • Restarting many times while testing all of the above.
    ***Moved from Windows 11***

:)

BleedGrills, Oct 18, 2022
  2. SammyVS Win User

Xbox 360 controller not working with Xbox Cloud Gaming.

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the community. How are you?

This controller does not support xCloud. These are the controllers you can use.

Official Xbox controllers

Xbox Wireless Controller (Bluetooth or USB connection)

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 1 (USB connection only)

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 (Bluetooth or USB connection)

Xbox Adaptive Controller (Bluetooth or USB connection)
  3. MohammedShahabuddin Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 controller not working properly

All my bluetooth drivers are up to date, the elite series 2 controller did not come with a wireless adapter
  4. Frankyy2k9 Win User

Xbox Elite wireless controller series 2 bluetooth problem!

Hi,

I try to connect my Xbox Elite wireless controller series 2 via bluetooth on my Ipad Pro 11 inch 2018, but it can't make connection or won't be recognized. The series 2 controller supports bluetooth. I can make connection with the other older version Xbox
    One S wireless controller immediately.

I'd make a phone call with Apple support and they said that maybe the problem could be that the Xbox Elite controller series 2 won't be supported and isn't compatible with Ipad.

I want to know guys if you had the same problem and I want to ask if there will be an update in the future to solve this problem?
    At the moment the series 2 elite controller is not compatible with Iphones/Ipads. At the moment the only device that the series 2 controller is available on IOS side is the Mac and even that it's janky. Series 2 controller works fine on Android at the moment.
    Sorry if this doesn't help you, I myself is waiting for the Bluetooth proprietary to be added to the IOS list
  5. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Xbox elite series 2

6. XBF Diego M Win User

xbox one elite not having bluetooth

Hi Pickle Rick8898,

I want to clarify what controllers have Bluetooth and which ones don't so there is no confusion. The original controller accompanying the original Xbox One console or the original Xbox Elite Wireless Controller (Series 1) does not support Bluetooth. Controllers
    made after 2017 and controllers accompanying the Xbox One S or Xbox One X console, Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, or Xbox Design Lab controller support Bluetooth. A diagram showing what controllers have Bluetooth support and which ones don't can
    be found here:
    https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-streaming/project-xcloud

If you have the original Elite controller, you cannot use that to connect to your phone via Bluetooth. If you have the Elite Series 2 controller, then you should be able to. The forums is a place to give advice or help troubleshoot an issue. If you have
    a controller that supports Bluetooth, can you further explain what happens when trying to pair the controller to your mobile device? Do you have an Android or iOS mobile device?
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2: Bluetooth headset attached - Similar Threads - Elite Wireless Controller

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  3. Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 rubber grip coming loose

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 rubber grip coming loose: The right hand rubber grip has started to work loose from the controller, how do I get it repaired? Many thanks, David 8c725e43-a109-46f0-ba31-3889431b1181
  4. Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.: I recently built a new pc and have gone from Windows 10 to Windows 11 in the process. I am using the same controller as I was on my old pc that worked perfectly, but this time after about a minute...
  5. Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC: I just bought an Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core for my PC use. The Bluetooth works fine at the beginning. But the Xbox bar shows up whenever I push the A button. So I...
  6. XBox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller only turning on when cable plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller only turning on when cable plugged in: Hi, I recently got an Elite Series 2 controller and am super happy about it, but something is totally wrong unfortunately. 1. The controller will only switch on when I plug the USB C cable in,...
  7. Am I able to send in my Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 to Microsoft for them to fix?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Am I able to send in my Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 to Microsoft for them to fix?: My Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2's RB either doesn't work when I press it or has a delayed input, and my warranty has expired. So am I still able to send in the controller to Microsoft...
  8. XBOX Elite Series 2 wireless controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Elite Series 2 wireless controller keeps disconnecting: Hello i recently got a brand new XBOX Elite Series 2 wireless controller to play games from the game pass on my pc wirelessly. But i was annoyed that my controller keeps disconnecting after 5min...
  9. Requested Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 repair and did not get my item back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Requested Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 repair and did not get my item back: Sent my controller for repair and they only sent back the d pad and thumb sticks. I have no idea of the next steps or if I will be receiving my controller. Is any one able to assist?...
  10. I have a Xbox Elite Series Wireless Controller 2, my "A" button sticks when i press it

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox Elite Series Wireless Controller 2, my "A" button sticks when i press it: Hello everyone, i had purchased a Xbox Series Wireless Controller 2. It is still under warranty till 12/12/2023. Lately i have been facing an issues specifically with "A" button. Whenever i press...