Xbox Elite Series 2 Limited Standard Warranty

Discus and support Xbox Elite Series 2 Limited Standard Warranty in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had to return my $249 Elite Series 2 controller for an issue that was supposed to be fixed with the redesign; the rubber grips had warped and were... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Havvek, May 31, 2023.

1. Havvek
    Havvek Guest

I had to return my $249 Elite Series 2 controller for an issue that was supposed to be fixed with the redesign; the rubber grips had warped and were coming unglued after only 5 months of use. Microsoft honored the warranty and replaced the controller; however, I was amazed to discover that the terms of the warranty are that the replacement device is only covered under warranty for the remainder of the original warranty or 90 days, whichever, is the greater.

Unfortunately, the bumpers and certain buttons on the replacement (and I have no way of knowing whether this was new or reconditioned as it was not in original packaging) are working only intermittently and I'm faced with yet again having to warranty the controller.

I really do love the controller (and my original elite controller absent its rubber grips) but given the expensiveness of these controllers they should not be in the same category as other throw away devices; Microsoft must review their warranty terms and give a full 12 month's coverage for any replacement. If not, I wouldn't recommend purchasing one of these controllers because the manufacturing standard appears to be so poor, you're not guaranteed to get even 12 months use out of your controller before things start to come apart.

:)

Havvek, May 31, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

I totally understand where you are coming from as I'm an Xbox gamer myself.

I would highly recommend you report the warranty issue on the Xbox report a problem app by downloading it here at this link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-report-a...

You've got nothing to worry, Microsoft greatly appreciates any feedback from their customers, and rest assured that your report will be investigated thoroughly.

If you have further issues with the replacement, you can directly contact Microsoft Xbox support, here at this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

Thank you for your kindness and patience. I hope you have a great day!
  3. Flymonkey102 Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 - Disconnects and Warranty incorrect

Did you buy a warranty? I have an elite series 2 and it had the standard 90 day warranty. Perhaps its a visual big on the website.
  4. XA DRBATTLE Win User

Best xbox one controller?

i have the standard issue for xbox one x an elite series 1 and an elite series 2 and i can honestly say the elite series are worth the money
  5. XBA_Hype Win User

Best xbox one controller?

my standard Xbox one S white controller is still going strong after a good year so far. i also have a standard sky blue Xbox one controller which still going strong. there were some elite series 2 controllers which had a manufacturing problem but Xbox are
    replacing those in warranty if they have the problem. overall the elite series 2 is a good controller.

if you purchase from a third party source i would recommend getting cover with it so if anything goes wrong you can replace it for free.
  6. s33r Win User

Elite series 2 controller replacement

Warranties cover a like for like replacement if required under that warranty so as far as I know, yes, if you send an Elite series 2 in for replacement you will receive an Elite series 2 back.
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Series 2 Limited Standard Warranty - Similar Threads - Elite Series Limited

2. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  3. Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping: I can’t believe I’m even having this issue. It has taken me 1.5 years to get back an Elite Series 2 controller that I sent in for warranty repair along with its accessories. However, the...
  4. Elite Series 2 input delay issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 input delay issue: I bought my Elite Series 2 about 4 months ago, it was working like a charm and I haven't noticed any issues with it and it happened to be my favourite controller. But about a week ago, all of a...
  5. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  6. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  7. Xbox Series elite 2 Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series elite 2 Issue: Is there any fix for a brand new controller for the “LT” bumper not wanting to work it will work on the top two settings but in the last one with the less pull it just does not want to work I’ve...
  8. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  9. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  10. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...