Xbox Elite Series 2, firmware update problem

Discus and support Xbox Elite Series 2, firmware update problem in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; My Xbox Elite 2 firmware version is 4.7.1872.0 Problem on Android: LB - Takes me to Android Settings RB - Takes me to Android Search B - Takes me... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by Dwyt, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Dwyt
    Dwyt New Member

My Xbox Elite 2 firmware version is 4.7.1872.0

Problem on Android:
    LB - Takes me to Android Settings

RB - Takes me to Android Search

B - Takes me to the Switch App screen

Problem on PC:
    A - Open Xbox Bar
    B - Screenshots

I read somewhere that upgrading it will solve the problems.

but when I install Xbox Accessories App on PC, open the app, connect my controller through Xbox wireless adapter/wired, then clicked 3 dots on left side of "Configure" button. i only see:
    - Rename

- Turn on Vibration
    - Turn on CoPilot

I dont see any "update firmware" button or in any sort.

And i watched controller guides in Youtube on how to remap the buttons using the Xbox Accessories App, i saw somone's Xbox Acc App with an "Action" tab while mine doesnt have. I really like the xbox controllers and want this to work properly. PLS HELP

Installed the Xbox Accessories App(from Microsoft Store) both on Windows 10 (Laptop) and Windows 11 (Desktop PC)
    both OS are updated to the latest.

PLS HELP find a way to update my controller's firmware. it would solve everything.

2. El Macho IQ Win User

Pro 2 controller audio intermittent in series x

Hi Rostom

Yes I mean Xbox Elite 2. I isolated the issue using it in a series S, same audio problem. Controller updated latest firmware.

I'll clean the jack and comeback with my comments.

Thanks.
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 RB/LB double clicking (Double Input bug)

I have the elite series 2 from release day and have no issues with it. if it was a driver/firmware issue everyone would have the problem.
  4. Alex_Sisk Win User

Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?

I got my Series X in January, and never even took the included controller out of the box, because I own the Elite Series 2. When I dropped my Elite Series 2 (oof) recently, I sent it off for out-of-warranty repair, and pulled out the basic controller, still wrapped and taped in the foam bag in the box.

Stock controller worked fine for a few days, then there was a firmware update - recently, and I'm having intermittent disconnections all the time. It works fine when wired with a USB-A -> USB-C cable (I use the 9-foot one that comes with the Elite Series 2).

I decided, since I'd never had trouble with connectivity on the Elite Series 2, that I would buy a 2nd one, brand new of course. It 100% required me to update before proceeding.

Since I never had issues with the Series X and Elite Series 2, I wasn't aware of the known connectivity issues until the basic controller started intermittently dropping connection.. After searching, I saw that there were a ton of articles from way back in January, including Microsoft acknowledging the problem and releasing a firmware update in March...

Yet here I am with a freshly unwrapped Series X controller AND a brand new, (delivered Sept. 7th) SECOND $180 Elite Series 2 controller, and BOTH are cutting out intermittently..

-Sitting Less than 7 feet from my console

-I keep my batteries charged - both the Elite's internal, and the Enelooph Pro AA rechargeables that I use in the regular controller.

-As I mentioned, latest firmware on controller

-Of course, latest firmware/software on Series X console

-Both controllers work fine when wired.

-Already performed hard power cycle on the controller as well as the console.

-1st Elite (the one being repaired) never had issues until I dropped it - but it was never exposed to that new firmware)

-That's 8 months I used my 1st Elite Series 2 with the Series X and no problems.

It seems to me that the original intermittent connectivity issues were never resolved.
  5. Judiciaz Win User

Is there a way to force an update for a Elite Controller Series 2 on PC?

Same issue. Elite Series 2 on PC, pressing the A Button brings up the Game Bar (a commonly reported problem). The solution is apparently to update the firmware from 4.7.xxxx to whatever the current one is. But I can't do that because the Xbox Accessories app is outdated and won't even register that there is an update to download.
  6. Cheater Kirito Win User

Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - A button opens Xbox Game Bar

I also am experiencing this issue after purchasing the Halo Elite Series 2 controller, unable to use it in bluetooth as the A button toggles the xbox game bar and there isn't a prompt to update the firmware on xbox accessories app.
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Series 2, firmware update problem - Similar Threads - Elite Series firmware

2. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  3. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  4. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  5. My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged: I paired my controller, it shows 100% battery on bluetooth panel but then from time to time it disconnect for a few seconds but during gaming it's fatal because my character dies because of that....
  6. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  7. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  8. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  9. Elite Series 2 - Controller firmware update 5.19.3223.0 - Perfection!

in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 - Controller firmware update 5.19.3223.0 - Perfection!: Whatever the engineers did, great job! For the first time the Elite Series 2 / Core responsiveness feels near instant in wireless mode. Updated from 3202 to 3223 Thanks! submitted by...
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 firmware STILL not supported on Xbox Accessories App

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Elite Series 2 firmware STILL not supported on Xbox Accessories App: From what I can tell, this issue has been around for many months, if not for a year+ Previous post on this same topic -...