Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Quality Issues (Defective Hardware)

Discus and support Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Quality Issues (Defective Hardware) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So I heard good things about the Elite 2 and decided to pick it up as a controller for my PC about a week ago. First of all, I LOVE IT. However, I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TheWitcherOfRivia, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Quality Issues (Defective Hardware)

So I heard good things about the Elite 2 and decided to pick it up as a controller for my PC about a week ago. First of all, I LOVE IT. However, I noticed that I had to be really precise at times when pressing
    the "A" button on my controller to get the input to register. At first I thought it was just me, but then I went back to my Day One Edition Xbox One controller and immediately noticed a difference in input registration. So, I did some research and found that
    a lot of other people are having similar issues with the face buttons. I returned my first controller to Microsoft and exchanged it for a brand new one. The employees who helped me were awesome and acknowledged that this is a known issue with these specific
    controllers and that Microsoft is aware of the defect. So, I get home, open my second controller and it seemed much better regarding button inputs. But over the course of a few hours I began to notice the same issue with my A button, which I documented in
    a video I've linked below. When pressed at specific angles, the input doesn't register in the software, nor in game. The controller in this video was my second and was exchanged for ANOTHER brand new controller. After testing my third controller I found
    that the face buttons (specifically the "A" button) are WORSE in terms of input registering than the second controller. I returned the third controller and picked up a Razer Wolverine TE.

Link to my reddit post on this topic with video: https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoft/comments/f02iis/xbox_elite_series_2_controller_a_button_missed/

Microsoft, please, please, please fix this issue in future batches of this controller (if you haven't already). It is SO incredible in terms of look and feel, but it is totally unjustifiable for
    something that costs $180 to come out of the box with defects like this. If it was just my first one, I would brush it off since there are bound to be defective units, but I received three in a row with the exact same defect. And I'm note alone. I've seen
    posts where others say they've exchanged the controller SEVEN TIMES! I want to support this product and recommend it to people but I honestly can't because it carries a huge risk and could force an individual to waste their time if they have to return it multiple
    times just to get a working product.

Has anybody else experienced something similar with this controller? Did I just get extremely unlucky? I'm sure I'm nitpicking with the inputs, but only the A button seemed to have the issue, which I find very
    odd.

Microsoft, if there was a way to purchase a verified working controller that doesn't come out of the box defective, I would love to own this product. I like everything about it much more than the Razer controller
    I purchased, but at least it works properly.

:)

TheWitcherOfRivia, Feb 10, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Marcel
    Marcel New Member
    I've had 3 controllers now with the same issue, a button doesn't register properly. I hope the fourth will work but have little hope.

Marcel, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Marcel
    Marcel New Member
    Unfortunately, the fourth is a failure as well. Don't know it anymore!! Are all the replacements they send you have a flawed A button. I lost faith in MS and this controller.

Marcel, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Marcel
    Marcel New Member

received the fifth ( actually the 7th because i've preordered got two on release with same problem), but the same flaws A button not working

Marcel, Feb 28, 2020
  5. kraziexkat Win User

First of all, why should we pay for something that's faulty because of the manufacturer? I have major stick drift problems and bumpers and triggers not being responsive at times. You're telling me that I'm S.O.L because my controller's warranty has expired?
    And even if it was in warranty, people are having the same problems being duplicated with their replacements. What are we supposed to do Mr. Xbox Ambassador? Oh please do tell...
  6. pjameleven Win User

This isn't the first time I've read about this issue. I've never personally experienced it, but I'm sorry to hear you have. The Elite controllers are outstanding so I hope no one else has this problem going forward.
  7. F15c Win User

Ive always had A button issues on my regular controller and elite controller ive learned to deal with it, it is unfortunate :/
  8. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

I have noticed a slight drift to the right starting in my right joystick. It's not constant, and doesn't affect gameplay that I have encountered. Hoping it can be fixed.
    If your controller requires repair/replacement, visit the following link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices to register your device.

After you've registered, you'll see the warranty status for your device. If it's within warranty, repairs are free. If your device is out of warranty, you'll be charged a repair fee
  9. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

So, I'm using mine since Christmas last year, I had the same issues with the buttons that already got mentioned but I didn't even care about that this much. But today the left stick broke completely.

I'm already having issues with it for a few days, with my character starting to walk even though I don't want her to. I'm literally not touching my controller. Today, the stick started to drift to the right and it's a drift that I can't control anymore.
    Had to switch back to my old elite one.

I don't know where to go, when I go on the support page and type in the serial number, it keeps telling me it couldn't be found. The number I put in is correct and it's literally the one that's underneath my controller. I don't know what to do. My boyfriend
    doesn't know if he has the receipt anymore.
    Have you tried registering your controller at the following link : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices

After you've registered, you'll see the warranty status for your device. If it's within warranty, repairs are free. If your device is out of warranty, you'll be charged a repair fee.

If you have any issues registering you can contact support
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/contact-us
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Quality Issues (Defective Hardware) - Similar Threads - Elite Series Controller

2. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  3. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  4. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  5. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  6. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  7. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  8. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  9. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  10. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...