Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller on Windows 10 - Bluetooth connection issues (inability to...

Discus and support Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller on Windows 10 - Bluetooth connection issues (inability to... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I just bought a brand new Elite Series 2 controller. It mostly works fine with bluetooth, but there are some quirks: Whenever I plug the controller... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Solid Liquid, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Solid Liquid
    Solid Liquid Guest

Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller on Windows 10 - Bluetooth connection issues (inability to...

I just bought a brand new Elite Series 2 controller. It mostly works fine with bluetooth, but there are some quirks:

1. Whenever I plug the controller into my Windows 10 PC for charging, it works fine wired, but then will not connect again after unplugging. I unplug it, the xbox light flashes, and it just never connects to bluetooth again. I am forced to go to windows bluetooth
      settings, select "remove device" on the controller, hold the pairing button on the controller, and then "add a bluetooth device" again to get it to connect wirelessly. This happens every single time I plug in and then unplug the controller from the PC. Yes
      I am using the official cable and a USB port direct from my motherboard.
    2. Sometimes randomly the controller will just stop accepting inputs. I turn on the controller, it automatically connects to bluetooth, and then just... nothing. I go to the xbox accessories app, and it sees that the controller is connected, but when I go
      to the input tester, it doesn't detect anything. At this point, plugging in the controller directly doesn't work either. The only solution is to restart my computer.
    3. Sometimes the rumble doesn't function properly in wireless mode. Mostly tested in Halo 2 on the master chief collection. I will shoot a gun, and the controller will start rumbling like 30 seconds later, or sometimes just randomly rumble for no reason. This
      issue is not present when plugged in.

I have the latest version of Windows 10, latest bluetooth drivers, and I have updated to the latest controller firmware via xbox accessories app.

Pretty disappointed so far. I've seen other people with similar issues around, but did not want to revive dead posts. I am strongly considering returning this controller as it seems similar issues have been around since the controller released. I can't imagine
    these issues will be patched anytime soon, even though this is a very expensive controller.

Does anyone have a solution? #1 is my main concern, but #2 and #3 are definitely not good!

:)

Solid Liquid, Dec 8, 2020
  2. Ta5man186 Win User

Xboc controller

the elite controller series 2 has Bluetooth compatibility and is therefore compatible with windows 10 too. the first release of the elite controller was before xbox was integrated into windows 10, therefore there was no need at the time for Bluetooth.
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox Elite

Hello ErdemGünseli,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is disconnecting constantly when using Bluetooth. We have a support article that provides

solutions for Bluetooth issues on Windows 10
    . Be sure to let us know the results
    ErdemGünseli!
  4. Shinonc Win User

Elite Controller 2 Bluetooth issues

Having similar Issues. My Elite series 2 controller works fine for about an hour or so, then will disconnect. Half the time it will auto reconnect after 2 or 3 seconds, the other half it will not reconnect at all and I have to manually turn off the controller
    and turn it back on for it to reconnect. Each time it does disconnect the frame rate of the game plummets for a few seconds. Then after some time passes, roughly an hour give or take, the issue will repeat for the entire gaming session.

My windows 10 is up to date as of this posting at build 1909 and my Elite series 2 controller is updated as well.

The support article for troubleshooting bluetooth issues on windows 10 does not help with the issue.

I have never connected the Elite series 2 controller to my Xbox One S, I bought it solely for PC gaming.

Forgot to mention, I am connecting via bluetooth. I do not have a wireless adapter nor do I want to connect using a usb cable.
  5. SammyVS Win User

Xbox 360 controller not working with Xbox Cloud Gaming.

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the community. How are you?

This controller does not support xCloud. These are the controllers you can use.

Official Xbox controllers

Xbox Wireless Controller (Bluetooth or USB connection)

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 1 (USB connection only)

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 (Bluetooth or USB connection)

Xbox Adaptive Controller (Bluetooth or USB connection)
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Are Xbox Wireless Controller user remap profiles supported when connecting to Windows 10 PC via bluetooth? Works fine when USB

Hi

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to answer that.

Customizing user profiles on a Windows 10 PC is not supported via Bluetooth. Any Bluetooth capable Xbox One controllers will need to be plugged in via USB-C or through the Xbox Wireless Adapter if you want to customize and use custom profiles. The Xbox Accessories
    app will not detect your controller over Bluetooth connection.

Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2  

Things to keep in mind:

• The Xbox Accessories app is only available on Xbox One and Windows 10.
    • To configure the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update (or later) and make sure your PC has the latest fixes.

See how to get updates
    • The Xbox Accessories app won’t detect your controller if you’re using Bluetooth to connect to your PC. Connect your controller using Xbox Wireless, or plug the included USB-C cable into the back of the Xbox Elite Wireless
      Controller Series 2 and plug the other end into your PC. For more info, see
      How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC

I hope this helps!
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller on Windows 10 - Bluetooth connection issues (inability to... - Similar Threads - Elite Series Controller

2. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  3. Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping: I can’t believe I’m even having this issue. It has taken me 1.5 years to get back an Elite Series 2 controller that I sent in for warranty repair along with its accessories. However, the...
  4. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  5. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  6. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  7. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  8. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  9. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  10. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3