Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, no firmware update button on Xbox Accessories App PC. Pls Help.

Discus and support Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, no firmware update button on Xbox Accessories App PC. Pls Help. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox Elite 2 firmware version is 4.7.1872.0 Problem on Android: LB - Takes me to Android Settings RB - Takes me to Android Search B - Takes me to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dwyt326, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Dwyt326
    Dwyt326 Guest

Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, no firmware update button on Xbox Accessories App PC. Pls Help.

My Xbox Elite 2 firmware version is 4.7.1872.0

Problem on Android:
    LB - Takes me to Android Settings

RB - Takes me to Android Search

B - Takes me to the Switch App screen

Problem on PC:
    A - Open Xbox Bar
    B - Screenshots

I read somewhere that upgrading it will solve the problems.

but when I install Xbox Accessories App on PC, open the app, connect my controller through Xbox wireless adapter/wired, then clicked 3 dots on left side of "Configure" button. i only see:
    - Rename

- Turn on Vibration
    - Turn on CoPilot

I dont see any "update firmware" button or in any sort.

And i watched controller guides in Youtube on how to remap the buttons using the Xbox Accessories App, i saw somone's Xbox Acc App with an "Action" tab while mine doesnt have. I really like the xbox controllers and want this to work properly. PLS HELP

Installed the Xbox Accessories App(from Microsoft Store) both on Windows 10 (Laptop) and Windows 11 (Desktop PC)
    both OS are updated to the latest.
    I dont have Xbox Console btw

PLS HELP find a way to update my controller's firmware. it would solve everything.

:)

Dwyt326, Nov 18, 2021
  2. Cheater Kirito Win User

Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - A button opens Xbox Game Bar

I also am experiencing this issue after purchasing the Halo Elite Series 2 controller, unable to use it in bluetooth as the A button toggles the xbox game bar and there isn't a prompt to update the firmware on xbox accessories app.
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hi all,

I apologize for the late reply and sorry to hear that you all still have same issue; may we know if anyone have tried changing the button mapping to default in Xbox Accessories app? If the issue persists, you may try to update Windows OS build, Xbox app and Xbox Accessories app.

Resources:

Customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Use Shift with your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

For firmware update if the Xbox Accessories app shows update is required/needed - that means an update is mandatory. Otherwise, your Controller is currently updated. Also, please know that updating the controller over Bluetooth is not supported.

Resources:

Update your Xbox Wireless Controller

Bluetooth connectivity and request for an update for firmware - you may send those requests to Team Xbox. Last resort for this matter, please send a feedback or Report a Problem by following the guide here: Provide feedback to Team Xbox.

Stay safe everyone.

Kind regards,

4. prpx Win User

Hi Kathy,

I am having the same issue. I recently got a second Elite Series 2 Controller that came with firmware 4.7.1872.0 and when looking into the Windows Game Controller Settings, and pressing A or B, each button sends another keypress. Just like for others, under normal circumstances this opens Game Bar or takes screenshots for me.

I have another Elite Series 2 Controller that I bought in February, which also shipped with 4.7.1872.0 back then. However, I was able to update it to 4.8.1908.0 in February with an older version of Xbox Accessories App on Windows 10, which fixed the button issues with Bluetooth connections.

With the latest version of Xbox Accessories there is no such update option available and my second controller is now stuck in an unusable state with firmware 4.7.1872.0.

I would appreciate an update to the Xbox Accessories App that fixes the update functionality and offers the 4.8.1908.0 firmware again.

Best regards,

Daniel
  5. Mae Sev. Win User

Xbox elite series 2 wont connect to xbox accessories app on my pc

Hello Yeddy Yordan,

Thank you for sharing this with us and welcome to Xbox Forums.

Based on the information you provided, it seems that you're having trouble connecting your Xbox Elite Series 2 controller to the Xbox Accessories app on your PC. There could be several reasons why your Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is not connecting to the Xbox Accessories app on your PC or through Bluetooth. Nothing to worry, we'll work on this together.

Before we proceed, I will be asking you few questions to help us understand the concern further:

1. Have you tried connecting the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller to a different PC or Xbox console to see if it connects?
    2. Have you checked if the USB-C cord you are using is working properly by trying a different cord?
    3. Have you tried updating the firmware on the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller through the Xbox Accessories app on your PC?
    4. Have you checked if your PC's Bluetooth is turned on and discoverable?
    5. Have you tried removing any other Bluetooth devices from your PC's Bluetooth settings to see if that helps the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller connect?

In the meantime, please ensure that your PC meets the minimum system requirements for the Xbox Accessories app. You can check the system requirements on the Microsoft Store page for the app.

Next, please try the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:

• Make sure that your Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is fully charged. You can charge it using the USB-C cable that came with the controller.

• Try connecting the controller to your PC using a different USB-C cable. Make sure that the cable is fully inserted into both the controller and the PC.

• If the controller still won't connect via USB, try resetting the controller. To do this, press and hold the Pair button on the back of the controller for 3 seconds, then release it. The Xbox button on the controller should start flashing rapidly, indicating that it's in pairing mode.

• If the controller still won't connect via USB, try connecting it to a different USB port on your PC.

• If the controller won't connect via USB, try connecting it to your PC via Bluetooth. To do this, press and hold the Pair button on the back of the controller for 3 seconds, then release it. The Xbox button on the controller should start flashing slowly, indicating that it's in pairing mode. On your PC, go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices, then click "Add Bluetooth or other device". Select "Bluetooth" and follow the on-screen instructions to pair the controller.

• If the controller still won't connect via Bluetooth, try resetting the controller and your PC. To reset the controller, press and hold the Pair button on the back of the controller for 20 seconds, then release it. To reset your PC, go to Start > Power > Restart.

If none of these steps work, please try updating the firmware on your controller. You can do this using the Xbox Accessories app on your Xbox console. Connect your controller to your console using a USB cable, then open the Xbox Accessories app. Select your controller, then select "Device info". If a firmware update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to update your controller.

I hope this helps you with the issue for your Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

XBox elite series 2 controller doesn't work right at all on PC

Apologies, I made it sound like you cannot update on PC at all.

With the controller plugged in via USB and using the Xbox accessories app, you should be able to update it. However, the update only goes up to a certain FW (for my Elite Series 2 controller, the highest update is 4.8.1908.0 on PC).
    [​IMG]

For the Wireless Xbox Series X|S controller, the highest firmware via PC is 5.9.2709

[​IMG]

• The Xbox Accessories app is available only on Windows 10.
    • Updating the controller over Bluetooth is not supported.
    • To customize the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 in the Xbox Accessories app, get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update (or later) and make sure your PC has the latest fixes. See how to get updates
    • Bluetooth requires a PC running the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. To learn how to get the latest Windows update, see:Windows Update: FAQ
    1. Connect your Controller to the PC via USB
    2. Open the Xbox accessories app
    3. Press the ellipsis (…) button on the app to view the Controller's status
    4. Check the app to see if you need a Controller firmware update
    5. Click on "Update now" to begin updating the Controller
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, no firmware update button on Xbox Accessories App PC. Pls Help. - Similar Threads - Elite Series Controller

2. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  3. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  4. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  5. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...
  6. Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking: I've been through 3 of these elite controllers now over the last 2 weeks. First one I bought was the "elite 2 core" And that came with stick drift on both right and left I then got a replacement...
  7. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller not updating on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller not updating on PC: Hi I wanted to update the firmware on my new Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller. I installed the Xbox Accessories app, and it prompted me for the update, and I started it But then nothing happens....
  8. When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...: When my controller (Xbox Elite Series 2) is in hair-trigger mode and I push down and continue to push down it makes this weird squeaking noise. This does not happen with my left trigger. I have...
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  10. I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...: I've had this pad since last December and now I'm start to get a major stick drift on the right analog stick. However I didn't purchase it directly from Microsoft/Xbox. What can I do. Can I get a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 PC firmware

2. elite series 2 pc update