Xbox elite series 2 controller faulty left bumper 3rd in a row

Discus and support Xbox elite series 2 controller faulty left bumper 3rd in a row in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox elite series 2 controller started having problems with an unresponsive left bumper after about 9 months. It was in warranty so I sent it back... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jaynareik, Mar 17, 2023.

1. jaynareik
    jaynareik Guest

My Xbox elite series 2 controller started having problems with an unresponsive left bumper after about 9 months. It was in warranty so I sent it back for repair/replacement.

The replacement I received had the exact same issue so I immediate sent it back and got another replacement.

Less than 6 months later and now my 3rd controller has the exact same issue. Both replacements have been supposedly ‘refurbished’ models.

I have the original Xbox elite controller and a normal Xbox one controller, both of which have lasted 7+ years.

It’s quite clearly an issue with the manufacturing of the product itself, seeing as Xbox have even recognised the issue themselves. Yet I’m still the one who has to pay for a replacement.

I’ve been contacting support over the past 2 weeks and been promised a call back twice but never happened. I’ve even replied to their email response twice but been ignored.

The response I have managed to receive is that because it’s out of warranty, it’s up to me to repair it.

Anyone else thinks it’s ridiculous, poor business practice and frankly a scam? £160 controller that has lasted just a fraction of the time of previous models.

I know I’m not the only one who has had this issue but has anyone managed to get a positive resolution?

:)

jaynareik, Mar 17, 2023
  2. Legojoey1234 Win User

Elite Series 2

There have been many issues with the Original Xbox Elite Controller Series 2. Peeling grips, sticky "A" button, and faulty bumper buttons were among the common issues at launch. Microsoft appears to have fixed the issues with the Series 2.

If your controller is under warranty, then repairs are free. If your controller is out of warranty, then you'll be charged a repair fee.

Check your warranty status here: https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-device-for-repair
  3. L2D- Win User

Elite series 2

Hey I have got an Elite Series 2 controller the day it was released and it's a really good controller in my opinion. The only thing that I have a problem with is the bumpers LB and RB. They move twice when pressed instead of once like it should. I try moving
    tabs on Xbox Home by pressing the bumpers and it goes to far right or left kind of annoying at times.

Other than that its a good controller the trigger stops are nice as well and the paddles are smaller than the Previous Elite Controller.
  4. obamasucks117 Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 bumper issues.

This is a Series 2 controller and has the same faulty bumpers and buttons as the Series 1. I was hoping that Microsoft was giving loyal customers a break and extending the warranty periods out to cover these common issues on the Series 2 $180 isn't exactly
    cheap.
  5. McDaddyTree Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 Spare Parts

Currently there are no places to buy replacements but if you have a controller that's faulty I'd go back to the store and swap it for a new one. If you have the original Elite the paddles from it work on the Elite Series 2...the thumbsticks however do
    not. It'll probably be a little bit before 3rd parties start making accessories if they do at all. There weren't a lot for the original.
  6. DeniqL Win User

How do I adjust the deadzone for my elite series 2 controller

Hi,Nick! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Open the Xbox Accessories app on your console.

Select the Elite Controller Series 2 or Xbox Adaptive Controller you wish to edit, then select the Configure button.

Choose to create a new profile or edit an existing profile and select the A button .

Press the left bumper  or right bumper  to move over to the left stick  or right stick .

You’ll then be able to choose your settings

Change the sensitivity and adjustment curve to fit your preferences
Thema:

1. Xbox elite series 2 controller faulty left bumper 3rd in a row - Similar Threads - elite series controller

2. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  3. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  4. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  5. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  6. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  7. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  8. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...
  9. Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking: I've been through 3 of these elite controllers now over the last 2 weeks. First one I bought was the "elite 2 core" And that came with stick drift on both right and left I then got a replacement...
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller not updating on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller not updating on PC: Hi I wanted to update the firmware on my new Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller. I installed the Xbox Accessories app, and it prompted me for the update, and I started it But then nothing happens....