Xbox Elite Series 2 controller connects to Samsung frame TV, but does not work to control...

Discus and support Xbox Elite Series 2 controller connects to Samsung frame TV, but does not work to control... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am trying to leverage the Samsung games hub and the Xbox app within here and am unable to use a Bluetooth controller. I can go into the pairing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WadeUrich, Aug 13, 2022.

1. WadeUrich
    WadeUrich Guest

Xbox Elite Series 2 controller connects to Samsung frame TV, but does not work to control...

I am trying to leverage the Samsung games hub and the Xbox app within here and am unable to use a Bluetooth controller. I can go into the pairing options and get the controller connected, but once connected it does not do anything. I get the green check mark on the controller icon in the games hub, the Xbox elite 2 shows connected via lighted icon, but none of the functions work. When I go into the Xbox app, the controller icon in the top right shows connected, but I am unable to use the controller to navigate. As soon as I use the Samsung remote for navigation, the icon in the upper right turns to warning and guides me to connect a controller. This brings me to the pairing menu where my elite 2 shows connected. Lost as to where to go from here. Anyone having similar issues or have any thoughts on how to resolve?

:)

WadeUrich, Aug 13, 2022
  2. JoeB7 Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 controller connects to Samsung frame TV, but does not work to control any functions on screen

I have the same issue:

* the plain Xbox controller (non elite) connects via bluetooth to the TV and is recognised by the Xbox cloud app on my Samsung TV. I can use it to play games using the Samsung Xbox app.

* the brand new Xbox Elite Series 2 controller connects via bluetooth to the TV and is NOT recognised by the Xbox cloud app.

I tried several attempts deleting the pairing, re-pairing. Turn off TV on the power switch. Re-installing the Xbox app on the Samsung TV.

The result is always the same:

* The Xbox Elite Series 2 controller connects successfully to the TV and is shown as Paired and Connected in the Samsung TVs feature where you add external devices.
    * But the Xbox app shows the yellow ! exclamation mark and does not recognise the Elite Controller.

I’ve paired my other non Elite standard Xbox controller now vie Bluetooth and USB, which works both.
  3. JoeB7 Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 controller connects to Samsung frame TV, but does not work to control any functions on screen

No. I would assume that the Xbox app on our Samsung TVs might need an update.

Or, we need an firmware update for our Elite Series 2 Xbox controllers, which can only be done using an actual Xbox hardware or a Windows PC. I have neither.

My current workaround is using the “cheap” standard Xbox wireless controller I had already.

I got the Elite Series 2 controller for free, as it was part of a marketing campaign, buying that particular Samsung TV series, you receive an Xbox controller for free and a Game Pass. However, that Xbox controller doesn’t pair with the Xbox app. (It pairs with the TV only.)

It would be great if anyone who knows Xbox 2nd level support contact details forwarding this thread, so that MS can look into that and update the Xbox app for Samsung smart TVs. Or I go in a shop and ask if they can check if the Elite controller has the latest firmware installed.
  4. SammyVS Win User

Xbox 360 controller not working with Xbox Cloud Gaming.

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the community. How are you?

This controller does not support xCloud. These are the controllers you can use.

Official Xbox controllers

Xbox Wireless Controller (Bluetooth or USB connection)

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 1 (USB connection only)

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 (Bluetooth or USB connection)

Xbox Adaptive Controller (Bluetooth or USB connection)
  5. Michael Paillé Win User

Controller suddenly stopped working. Lights up when plugged in, tried multiple cables. Does not show up under device manager.

My controller stop working too series x , factory controller . Last night working and today my samsung tv remote control my xbox and the xbox controller no longuer view by the xbox , i use another controller from my other xbox seris s , and this controller work but not the one work last night , i try the little button to match xbox with but nothing , the controller do no longuer view on my xbox series x , can control de series s but can't be view or connect to the series x anymore
  6. Jerry 8995 Win User

now version 5.11.3115.0 is what i was told but they added "but have updated"

"now version 5.11.3115.0 but have updated"
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller connects to Samsung frame TV, but does not work to control... - Similar Threads - Elite Series controller

2. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  3. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  4. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  5. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...
  6. Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking: I've been through 3 of these elite controllers now over the last 2 weeks. First one I bought was the "elite 2 core" And that came with stick drift on both right and left I then got a replacement...
  7. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller not updating on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller not updating on PC: Hi I wanted to update the firmware on my new Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller. I installed the Xbox Accessories app, and it prompted me for the update, and I started it But then nothing happens....
  8. When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...: When my controller (Xbox Elite Series 2) is in hair-trigger mode and I push down and continue to push down it makes this weird squeaking noise. This does not happen with my left trigger. I have...
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  10. I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...: I've had this pad since last December and now I'm start to get a major stick drift on the right analog stick. However I didn't purchase it directly from Microsoft/Xbox. What can I do. Can I get a...