Xbox elite series 2 controller can’t handle a tiny squeeze or twist. Why? Is there a better...

Discus and support Xbox elite series 2 controller can’t handle a tiny squeeze or twist. Why? Is there a better... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve returned 4 Xbox elite series 2 controllers because when I barely twist or squeeze the controller, they shut off. I’m talking about, I can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Oakley Eason, Apr 14, 2023.

1. Oakley Eason
    Oakley Eason Guest

Xbox elite series 2 controller can’t handle a tiny squeeze or twist. Why? Is there a better...

I’ve returned 4 Xbox elite series 2 controllers because when I barely twist or squeeze the controller, they shut off. I’m talking about, I can literally use 2 fingers on each side and barely apply a small twist, and they shut off. My buddies say they all have the same problem and I dont feel like paying 200 bucks for something that is so fragile.

I’m pretty disappointed because you can’t play the only games that would be nice to play with elites. Anyone know any better controllers?

:)

Oakley Eason, Apr 14, 2023
  2. Dericka Win User

Xbox elite series 2 controller can’t handle a tiny squeeze or twist. Why? Is there a better option?

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. I'm sorry for the inconvenience however this means the controller is experiencing an issue and you'll be needing to process a replacement. This link will guide you how to process it:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Thank you so much.
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

XBOX SERIES 2 rb lb fix

4. ArminatorX Win User

Elite pro controller

Personally, I have my Elite Controller for almost two years and use it almost daily. I have no issues with the rubber grips.

However, I have watched other friends play on their consoles, and depending on how engaged they get in the game, I've seen them squeezing and slightly twisting their hand around the controller grip, as if it were a motorbike throttle (I'm exaggerating the
    movement, but it's a slight twisting motion around the controller grips).

So just play some games, and try to observe yourself how tense you become playing these games. If you feel you are gripping the controller much harder, and rubbing your fingers or palms around the controller grip, I'd advise against buying ANY controller
    with added rubber grips (be it the Elite controller, or similar controllers), as this squeezing will stretch the rubber grips ever so slightly.

And as the saying goes: constant dripping wears the stone.

The rubber pads are specifically there so you DON'T HAVE TO squeeze the controller so tightly to get a decent grip.

If you're a relaxed player, and can keep your cool in even the most heated battle, then the Elite Controller will surely be a great addition.

However if you tend to clench and tighten your grip under stress, a plastic controller (if necessary with added grip texture, like on some standard special edition controllers) would suit your gaming style better.

Or think about getting a silicone cover that you can pull over the elite controller for added grip and protection.
  5. Viper7Gamer Win User

suggestion of the control or command xbox

I've used both and the Xbox controller is way better than the PS4 controller.

Then there is the Elite Series 2 Controller.

One controller to rule them all.
  6. D4vid 360 Win User

What is the most advanced controller on the market as of now, June 2020??????

Best controller for playing is with no doubt the elite series 2. I do not know if there is some orher type of third party controller that can have some better connectivity/personalization. But in general, series 1 and 2 of the elite are top
Thema:

1. Xbox elite series 2 controller can’t handle a tiny squeeze or twist. Why? Is there a better... - Similar Threads - elite series controller

2. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  3. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  4. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  5. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  6. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  7. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  8. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...
  9. Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking: I've been through 3 of these elite controllers now over the last 2 weeks. First one I bought was the "elite 2 core" And that came with stick drift on both right and left I then got a replacement...
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller not updating on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller not updating on PC: Hi I wanted to update the firmware on my new Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller. I installed the Xbox Accessories app, and it prompted me for the update, and I started it But then nothing happens....