Xbox elite Series 2 Black Controller All buttons does not work except LT,RT & X Box button

Discus and support Xbox elite Series 2 Black Controller All buttons does not work except LT,RT & X Box button in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Had this controller for 6-8 months than all of a sudden one day, all the buttons stopped working including the R3, L3, and D Pad. The controllers... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kong Chang, Jan 12, 2023.

1. Kong Chang
    Kong Chang Guest

Xbox elite Series 2 Black Controller All buttons does not work except LT,RT & X Box button

Had this controller for 6-8 months than all of a sudden one day, all the buttons stopped working including the R3, L3, and D Pad. The controllers stills turn on just fine, but I cant seem to bluetooth connect anymore and have to resort to wired connect. Oddly enough the LT, RT and the analog directional are the only working buttons in game. I tried the reset mapping already and also updating firmware and all that jazz but still no response. Anyone else ever experience such an issue or know if this is a electronic board issue please help...

:)

Kong Chang, Jan 12, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

I understand you need assistance with your controller. If you've already reset the mapping and updated its firmware but it still doesn't work, I'm afraid this is likely a mechanical issue, so you may need to consider sending it in for repair or replacement. If it's still under warranty, you can create a service order for it by following the steps provided. If it's out of warranty, I recommend looking for the nearest local service center or game shop in your area to see if they can repair or replace it for you.

1. Sign in to account.microsoft.com/devices.

2. Locate the device that needs service > click on Show details > select Start order.

Once you submit your Service Order, you'll receive a shipping label together with the instruction email on how you're going to send your device. You should receive it within 24-48 hours so please keep an eye on your email inbox, junk, or spam filters.

For more detailed info on the service process, you may check this link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/....
  3. LiThIuMxFaLcOn Win User

What's the difference between all the controllers: xbox 360, xbox 1, xbox scorpio, xbox x elite controller?

The elite controller is difference in the sense that if you want to quickly hit a button on the back of the controller which could be any button on the front or RT, LT, RB and LB! It's really good for competitive play
  4. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox one controller

The Xbox Series X controllers will work on Xbox One consoles, and the Xbox One controllers (including the Elite/Elite V2) will work on Xbox Series X too.

This is a link to an external site which
    confirms the backwards and forwards compatibility for controllers.
  5. s0ccer1600 Win User

Xbox Series X losing Controller Connection

Thank you for this; the issue is that the pair button on the Series X does not work most of the time. It just does not start the pairing process; I have multiple older Xboxs including the Xbox One X and the Xbox One Elite and neither had an issue pairing
    the Elite 2.
  6. Viper7Gamer Win User

Series X controller wish?

I like the little changes to it, the share button is nice. But I will be using my Elite Series 2 Controller when the Xbox Series X comes out.
Thema:

1. Xbox elite Series 2 Black Controller All buttons does not work except LT,RT & X Box button - Similar Threads - elite Series Black

2. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  3. Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping: I can’t believe I’m even having this issue. It has taken me 1.5 years to get back an Elite Series 2 controller that I sent in for warranty repair along with its accessories. However, the...
  4. Elite Series 2 input delay issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 input delay issue: I bought my Elite Series 2 about 4 months ago, it was working like a charm and I haven't noticed any issues with it and it happened to be my favourite controller. But about a week ago, all of a...
  5. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  6. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  7. Xbox Series elite 2 Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series elite 2 Issue: Is there any fix for a brand new controller for the “LT” bumper not wanting to work it will work on the top two settings but in the last one with the less pull it just does not want to work I’ve...
  8. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  9. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  10. I have a problem with 2 black elite series 2 controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a problem with 2 black elite series 2 controllers: I have a problem with 2 elite series 2 black controllers they both still have the 1 year warranty however on 1 the grip is falling off and the other the left stick keeps getting stuck I asked the...