Xbox Elite Controller wont connect to wireless adaptor(s) on PC

Discus and support Xbox Elite Controller wont connect to wireless adaptor(s) on PC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I cannot connect my Xbox Elite Controller to my PC via wireless adaptor. I have followed along with all of the instructions on Troubleshoot the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zara Jillian, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Zara Jillian
    Zara Jillian Guest

I cannot connect my Xbox Elite Controller to my PC via wireless adaptor.
    I have followed along with all of the instructions on Troubleshoot the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

I purchased a second wireless adaptor because:
    "8. If the Xbox Wireless Adaptor for Windows still does not install, follow all of the above steps thoroughly one more time. If this doesn't work, your adaptor might need to be replaced."

Still wouldn't connect and followed all the instructions again to no avail.

I have the same PC build as my husband, and his seems to work fine.

The adaptor flashes like it should and the controller as well when trying to sync.

Is there anything else I can do without wasting more money?

:)

Zara Jillian, Aug 27, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Adaptador Windows para controle Xbox Series S/X

Hello,

There isn't a specific adaptor for the Series X/S controllers for PC. The current adaptor works just fine with these newer controllers, however it is now in very short supply. There are third party ones available that do the same thing.

The Xbox 360 wireless controllers use a different WIFI protocol, they need their own Xbox 360 wireless Gaming Receiver.

Xbox One and Series X/S controllers can be connected to PC via Bluetooth, but headsets will only work with the Xbox One adaptor (or a third party version), they won't work when the controller is connected via BT
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Hi,

You can use a standard Bluetooth adaptor. The Microsoft wireless adaptor for Xbox One/Series X|S controllers doesn't use Bluetooth.

If you want standard connectivity then you can use a BT USB dongle (or built in BT if your device has this). The Microsoft adaptor offers more features such as the use of more than one controller, and the usage of your controller's headphone socket while wireless.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/connect-xbox-wireless-controller-to-pc
  4. MarcoAraujoSantos Win User

Adaptador Windows para controle Xbox Series S/X

Hello,

There isn't a specific adaptor for the Series X/S controllers for PC. The current adaptor works just fine with these newer controllers, however it is now in very short supply. There are third party ones available that do the same thing.

The Xbox 360 wireless controllers use a different WIFI protocol, they need their own Xbox 360 wireless Gaming Receiver.

Xbox One and Series X/S controllers can be connected to PC via Bluetooth, but headsets will only work with the Xbox One adaptor (or a third party version), they won't work when the controller is connected via BT
    Muito obrigado pela resposta! Era exatamente o que eu queria saber.
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Zara, on this PC that is trying to connect the control, can you tell what type of USB port it has, 2.0, 3.0?

You've also tried checking your computer's updates to see if Windows has the latest recommended system and driver updates, this can influence device connectivity.

I'll be waiting for your reply
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Will the Xbox Wireless PC Adapters work for the next gen controllers?

Hi,

I can't see why not. After all, the Series X and S console support Xbox One controllers. That shows the way these new controllers connect hasn't changed. They should work on PC with the Wireless Adaptor.
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Controller wont connect to wireless adaptor(s) on PC - Similar Threads - Elite Controller wont

2. Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...: was doing a controller firmware update when my controller disconnected from the charger causing the update to stop, leaving my Xbox home button flashing and controller unresponsive. Have changed...
  3. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...
  4. My Xbox Elite 2 left controller wont work when I push down to use.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Elite 2 left controller wont work when I push down to use.: while playing the Left controller wont function when I push down to use that function. how do i fix that. its only 8 months old . 9995a63b-4a8a-4090-9d1a-a3b32fec8997
  5. Xbox elite controller series 2 blinking and wont connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller series 2 blinking and wont connect: my xbox elite controller series 2 disconnected, is blinking and will not reconnext to my xbox series x, ive tried rebooting and all the usual troubleshooting.. the controller and xbox are about a...
  6. The elite controller wont work with my xbox!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    The elite controller wont work with my xbox!?: Hello, I purchased my first elite controller a while ago and it seemed to not work, the dpad either would only work on half the clicks, or it would, when clicked sometimes, act as if its been...
  7. Why wont my keybinds work on the paddles on the elite series 2 controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont my keybinds work on the paddles on the elite series 2 controller: I have my paddles mapped to a q d e for siege, and my binds wont work no matter my shift key, and they also glitch in other games, i need help. e6bd4706-ae2b-4cac-a786-78d897b66e02
  8. Elite controller wont connect to Pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller wont connect to Pc: my elite series 2 controller stopped working not long ago i am on the most updated controller and windows update do you have anything i can do to fix this it works on xbox but not on pc i am also...
  9. My Elite Series 2 Core controller wont turn on. This has happened previously three times...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 Core controller wont turn on. This has happened previously three times...: My Elite Series 2 Core controller wont turn on. This has happened previously three times and i managed to fix it by pure luck. I need help understanding why this happens and how to fix it...
  10. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont connect to PC via USB

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont connect to PC via USB: Need help with my Xbox elite series 2 controller, it stopped connecting via USB cable. It can still connect through Bluetooth. Any help is appreciated. 4f3707cd-df81-4014-a291-0f03a91d4be0