Xbox Elite Controller won't connect to Steam Deck

Discus and support Xbox Elite Controller won't connect to Steam Deck in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I've my Elite Controller first edition Firmware version 2.3.2388.0, I need to update it in order to connect to my Steam Deck, however the xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Undercover Joey, Dec 12, 2022.

1. Xbox Elite Controller won't connect to Steam Deck

Hello,

I've my Elite Controller first edition Firmware version 2.3.2388.0,

I need to update it in order to connect to my Steam Deck, however the xbox app shows this controller is up to date. I've tried to reinstall the app but still nothing.

Is this the latest version? if not how to solve the issue?

:)

Undercover Joey, Dec 12, 2022
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good afternoon

Yes it is the latest version unfortunately steam deck runs on an operating system other than windows where it was designed to work and microsoft is not the company that works on its drivers.
  3. iTsFx Win User

Xbox Remote Play on Steam Deck from a friends house possible?

Yes, it is possible to use Xbox Remote Play with your Xbox on your home WiFi network and Steam Deck on your friend's WiFi network, as long as both networks have a stable and reliable internet connection. Here are the general steps you can follow to set this up:

Set up Xbox Remote Play on your Xbox: Ensure that you have the latest version of the Xbox app on your Windows 10 PC and that your Xbox is updated with the latest software. Then, follow the steps to set up Xbox Remote Play on your Xbox by opening the Xbox app, clicking on the "Connection" tab, and selecting "Set up a new Xbox."

Connect your Xbox and Steam Deck to the respective WiFi networks: Ensure that both the Xbox and Steam Deck are connected to their respective WiFi networks. You may need to enter the network password if it is a new network.

Ensure that both networks have a stable and reliable internet connection: Make sure that both networks have a stable and reliable internet connection to ensure smooth gameplay.

Connect to your Xbox on the Steam Deck: Open the Xbox app on your Steam Deck and click on the "Connection" tab. Click on "Add a device" and follow the prompts to connect to your Xbox.

Once you have successfully connected your Steam Deck to your Xbox, you should be able to stream games from your Xbox to your Steam Deck over the internet
  4. Smwutches Win User

Blue home button on Elite Controller S2

It's a new setting on Steam. To change the color:

On the Desktop:

- Steam menu > Settings > Controller

- Select "General Controller Settings"

- Select your connected Xbox Elite controller from the bottom list

- Click "Preferences"

Under Big Picture Mode:

- Settings cog > Controller Settings

- Select your connected Xbox Elite controller from the bottom list

- Click "Preferences"

Or to turn off the setting, disable Steam's "Xbox Extended Feature Support" driver option.
  5. dylan clarke1 Win User

I keep getting a too many authentication attempts detected error when trying to sign in to Xbox on steam deck

Hello Manuela, the steam deck is the only device that I’ve used for cloud gaming and I am not using a vpn or anything similar on the steam deck. I’ve just tried going onto Xbox cloud gaming with the steam deck connected to a personal hotspot and I’m getting the same message and I set up cloud gaming using the article you have linked.
  6. Daniel Fleming1 Win User

Bluetooth freaking out

Thanks for the reply. I actually figured out what was wrong on my own. I just deleted the controller connection the steam deck had saved then reconnected the controller, now it works fine.
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Controller won't connect to Steam Deck - Similar Threads - Elite Controller won't

2. my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.: I've stayed in the testing mode to check response and nothing is wrong. I've left it on test mode for 1 hour constantly pressing buttons. no problems. when I play rainbow seige or any games all...
  3. Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC: I just bought an Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core for my PC use. The Bluetooth works fine at the beginning. But the Xbox bar shows up whenever I push the A button. So I...
  4. My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in: Noticed yesterday controller getting low on battery so I plugged it in this morning the controller is completely dead and won't charge 6348e174-872b-40c4-9344-0e26ef6af345
  5. Why won't my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller stay on when connected to my PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller stay on when connected to my PC?: It works just fine on my Xbox Series S wirelessly and when connected to my PC via USB cable, but it will not stay connected to the PC via the wireless adaptor. This only started recently. It will...
  6. Why won't my Elite 2 controller Connect to Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Elite 2 controller Connect to Xbox One?: Hi. I recently bought an Xbox Elite 2 controller. It was purchased new. It connects to my PC, but won't connect to the Xbox One in the house. Sometimes it connects and I can make 2 clicks...
  7. Xbox Elite core 2 controller won't use profiles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite core 2 controller won't use profiles?: Hello all, I have searched and found some people with similar issues and no fix. Hopefully someone will know what to do. Currently my elite controller will not use any profiles on my series X....
  8. My xbox elite series 2 controller won't take an update. Every time I update it, it says it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite series 2 controller won't take an update. Every time I update it, it says it...: It will no longer stay connected via wireless anymore either 287d8158-f427-492f-bb19-f0f1722de372
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller won't stay connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller won't stay connected: I just got a new Xbox Elite Series 2 controller today, and even when wired to my PC, it stops working in the middle of an Apex Legends game. The light is still on but there's not response from the...
  10. My elite series 2 controller was charging and now won't turn on at all.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller was charging and now won't turn on at all.: As above, i have tried plugging it into different outlets, different cables you name it. The controller just stopped working after I charged it for maybe 2 hours 2cebfb06-c406-4a93-8b1e-d59b0f76e0a8