Xbox elite controller warranty?

Discus and support Xbox elite controller warranty? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I keep finding differing stories on the warranty for the xbox elite controller. Is it in fact a lifetime warranty like some people are saying? And... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by I am L0cutus, Jan 7, 2016.

1. I am L0cutus
    I am L0cutus Guest

I keep finding differing stories on the warranty for the xbox elite controller. Is it in fact a lifetime warranty like some people are saying?

And irregardless, can you register the controller like you do a console? There is a serial number on the stciker inside the controller, but it has too many digits for the "register a device" option on the website.

I know there is some kind of warranty and it seems odd that you cannot register something that costs so much money.

:)

I am L0cutus, Jan 7, 2016
  2. XBF George L
    XBF George L Guest
    White Elite Controller revisions????

Hey IXL!

The White Xbox One Wireless Elite Controller will be tested rigorously and will be Available 10/16/2018.

Check out the details here: Xbox Elite Wireless Controller – White Special Edition.

For Elite Controller service options, I would recommend looking over this
    article
    or going over to
    Xbox Customer Support
    to see what options are available for your current elite controller.

Hope it helps!

XBF George L, Jan 7, 2016
  3. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    M3tal Daz3, Jan 7, 2016
  4. EnenDaveyBoy
    EnenDaveyBoy Guest

warranty conditions depend on the laws and conditions in the country you bought it.

if you owned a company would you offer a lifetime warranty? (no such thing)

As far as I am aware (certainly in the UK) warranty is there by fault, registering it offers nothing except for the manufacturer.

EnenDaveyBoy, Jan 7, 2016
  5. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    {Parity}, Jan 7, 2016
  6. I am L0cutus
    I am L0cutus Guest
    Well, to be fair some products do offer lifetime warranties. But I assumed that was not the case. There seem to be a lot of people that think this is the case though, and a buddy of mine swears that the guy at Gamestop told him it came with an automatic
    (and free) lifetime warranty.

I am L0cutus, Jan 10, 2016
  7. I am L0cutus
    I am L0cutus Guest
    Considering the cost, it seems there should be some kind of protection for the consumer. Also the rumor of lifetime has to be coming from somewhere other than one random Gamestop employee. I've seen it on multiple sites/threads. I needed a new console anyway,
    so I basically got mine for free, but I would be pretty upset if I spent $150 on a controller and it broke 4 months later and I had to pay even more for repairs...

I am L0cutus, Jan 10, 2016
  8. Xbox elite controller warranty?

Here is the catch...If your elite controller came with your elite console or if you buy your elite controller from MS online store warranty is 1 year. Otherwise if you purchased it from a third party like Gamestop, Walmart, Bestbuy, etc, etc, etc Microsoft
    will only provide a 90 day warranty... Mine broke after 6 months of normal casual gaming... I cant imagine what will happen to the hardcore gamer elite wireless controllers. Good they spend a lot of money and time on the controller research...apparently the
    engineers doing the testing didn't test them with real gamers only with the machine that moves the sticks...

Luistony-3244165D-B634-4902-86FF-0DB0DDE328AF, Oct 31, 2018
  9. Boaz_ Win User

Microsoft Store(buying an elite controller)

Hey JtK,

The Elite controller is definitely a very nice step up from the controller that comes with the console. You get a lot of opportunities for customization, and it feels great. If I understand your question correctly, you're wondering if the warranty on your
    console will carry over to the Elite controller? Is it a warranty through Xbox or a third party such as Best Buy? The warranty on your Xbox will cover the Xbox and controller that came with it, but not the separately purchased Elite controller. If the warranty
    is through a third party, it would be best to check with them. Hope this helps!

Boaz
  10. dustylee15 Win User

Xbox Elite Controller Right Analog Stick Issue

11. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Device Service and Repair Not Working

NOTE: Xbox Accessories (controllers, elite controllers, headsets and so on just have a 90 day warranty in the US)

Xbox Support might be able to help but that $150 controller just has a 90 day warranty.

Here in Australia The Elite Controller was covered by my Elite Consoles Warranty. I have already sent it in to be replaced twice (stupid rubber grips expanding).

If https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/devices was still working as it's supposed to It would be being replaced for a third time right now.
    There's the console which has it's own warranty and then the controller. The controller is not under a "console" warranty. Accessories, like controllers have their own warranty. In the states it's 90 days and in other countries it can be up to a year.

You can't create your own repair order for your controller. You'll have to contact Xbox Support for assistance.
  12. FearedNightmare Win User

Elite Controller Faceplate Squeaking

13. Joker43 Win User

Xbox Elite or Scuf?

I would recommend the standard Xbox One controller, I had same issue with my Elite controller. Also check and see if your Elite controller is still under warranty.
Thema:

1. Xbox elite controller warranty? - Similar Threads - elite controller warranty

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return: I have now created a total of 4 return requests with no shipping label being generated each time. Spoken to numerous customer service representatives who have advised to cancel and start a new...
  4. Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue: Hello everyone, I have an issue about warranty replacement. I sent my controller for repair / service on 26.04.24 but due to stock issues Microsoft send new one from Germany to Turkey to my...
  5. My elite 2 controller arrived with stick drift.. I sent it back under warranty to get it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My elite 2 controller arrived with stick drift.. I sent it back under warranty to get it...: Is this fixable? The remote is still under warranty until 2025 e47b0853-a9a3-4aaa-9320-9f88a4592785
  6. How to get warranty on my elite controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to get warranty on my elite controller: Controller analog stick not working correctly and paddle shifter bot working properly 92501444-6373-4691-a393-5dfa895df3ad
  7. Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller: Purchased a Design Lab Elite Series 2 controller 6 months ago. It has a 1 year warranty. It has developed severe drift. Found a form online to request a controller exchange or something. It asks...
  8. Brand New Xbox elite controller 2 warranty expiry

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox elite controller 2 warranty expiry: Just bought a brand new xbox elite controller 2 on 4/5/2024 and when I registered it on my Microsoft account, the controller warranty ends on 6/5/2024. Shouldn't it have a warranty of 2 years or...
  9. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  10. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...