Xbox Elite controller ver 2 in Windows 11 strange behavior

Discus and support Xbox Elite controller ver 2 in Windows 11 strange behavior in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, I recently got an Xbox Elite controller ver 2. I'm running Windows 11 with all updates and all updated drivers and connecting with... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by tamaran, Nov 7, 2021.

1. tamaran
    tamaran Guest

Hello all,

I recently got an Xbox Elite controller ver 2. I'm running Windows 11 with all updates and all updated drivers and connecting with bluetooth. I'm a little confused as to why, when I press the "B" button on the controller, I take a screenshot? I haven't setup any custom profiles yet. So far I have taken many unintended screenshots. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

:)

tamaran, Nov 7, 2021
  2. tamaran Win User

I had no custom mappings in the accessories app. But I seem to have sorted it by resetting the accessories app. Stay tuned...
  3. tamaran Win User

Actually no .... shortly thereafter "B" button is taking screenshots. Fortunately I also own an Xbox One X, so I decided to connect the Elite to it and lo and behold!! I triggered a firmware update for the controller!! Not sure why Windows 11 Accessories app didn't see that when connected with usb c. (I am on the dev channel with 11). Anyway we'll see if that sorted it. Thanks for sticking with me on this!! Stay tuned....
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Tamaran, how are you today? Hope you're well.

That's weird, for some reason it might be mapped to take screenshots with the B button. Have you tried remapping it on the accessories' app on your PC?
  5. L4c3rd4 Win User

No worries Tamaran, please keep me posted ok?
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

Cool! But did you actually manage to sort it? It worked?
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite controller ver 2 in Windows 11 strange behavior - Similar Threads - Elite controller ver

2. My Xbox Elite 2 left controller wont work when I push down to use.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Elite 2 left controller wont work when I push down to use.: while playing the Left controller wont function when I push down to use that function. how do i fix that. its only 8 months old . 9995a63b-4a8a-4090-9d1a-a3b32fec8997
  3. When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...: When my controller (Xbox Elite Series 2) is in hair-trigger mode and I push down and continue to push down it makes this weird squeaking noise. This does not happen with my left trigger. I have...
  4. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  5. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  6. I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...: I've had this pad since last December and now I'm start to get a major stick drift on the right analog stick. However I didn't purchase it directly from Microsoft/Xbox. What can I do. Can I get a...
  7. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  8. My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware: Why my Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware? The rest of my controlller updated to the firmware 5.20.7.0 without any problem, but The Elite 2 remains with 5.17.3202.0. The...
  9. controller elite series 2 barely working

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller elite series 2 barely working: my LB and RB stopped working ages ago and required a heavy amount of force so i switched to the back buttons which have been working, until most of my buttons stopped working fully execpt my RT,...
  10. Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...: Is there any way to resolve this issue? b9dd45c2-10df-4372-b52d-05338aeaeb89