Xbox Elite controller turns itself off when sync'd to Xbox One

Discus and support Xbox Elite controller turns itself off when sync'd to Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox Elite controller that works with Bluetooth and via USB with my laptop and PC. When I try to use it with my Xbox One, I have to sync it.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by phlsphr, Feb 5, 2023.

1. phlsphr
    phlsphr Guest

I have an Xbox Elite controller that works with Bluetooth and via USB with my laptop and PC. When I try to use it with my Xbox One, I have to sync it. As soon as it syncs, it the controller turns itself off. If I try to turn it back on by holding the Guide button, it just turns off again. It only stays on if it's connected to the laptop or PC. This is also happening with other controllers on the Xbox. I tried reverting the firmware on the Elite controller and the problem remains. I then tried to update the firmware on the controller (via my laptop), and the problem remains.

:)

phlsphr, Feb 5, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

I am happy to know that it’s working now and thank you so much for the additional information.
  3. phlsphr Win User

Thank you for the quick reply. I used Google to find that strategy for fixing the problem. It didn't work. I did end up finding a way to fix it, though I'm not sure how or why it seems to have worked. I did the following:

1. Ensure that the Xbox is off, with the power cable still attached.

2. Press and hold the sync button and the eject button at the same time. The sync button makes two small beeping sounds when I did this.

3. While holding down the sync and eject buttons, I powered on the Xbox by pressing the power button on the Xbox itself.

I didn't have the Xbox displaying on a TV at the time, so I had to try to stream the video to my laptop using the Xbox Companion App. It did not work at first, and it took a few tries before the Xbox was able to stream. I couldn't see what was being displayed from the Xbox during these steps due to this. I eventually attempted to connect the Xbox Elite controller to the Xbox using the sync button on the controller and the Xbox and I noticed that the controller no longer immediately powered off. I attempted to stream the video to my laptop via the Xbox Companion App again and I was able to see the display output. I tested the controller buttons to verify that I was able to navigate the Xbox via the controller and found that it worked again.

There is quite a bit of missing information that I feel could help others with the same, or similar, issues in the future, but unfortunately this is all of the information that I can think of that I have available. I did have an external hard drive connected to the Xbox at first. I reconnected the external hard drive again and the Xbox successfully loaded a game (Destiny 2) after following the steps that I've listed above.

I hope this helps. Thank you again for your quick response.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

This may mean that the issue is with the Xbox itself please follow the steps below accordingly:

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Unplug your console for 5 minutes.

3. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console.
  5. RomanHermanski Win User

Xbox Controllers

hi my elite 2 controller don't respond anymore.

not one button, stick or paddles work but the controller is "on"= "home button" has light on...

i can't turn the controller off

when i open the accessories app there is only my standard controller displayed.

connecting to xbox with usb cable doing nothing

when i put them in the case: no "vibration"

on the elite 1 you can simply remove the battery but on elite 2 it's impossible.

is there a trick to turn the controller off and on?

thx
  6. Skeeter Quill Win User

Elite Controller, no drivers?

The paddles on the Elite controller can only be mapped through the Xbox Accessories app on the Xbox One or Windows 10, otherwise they default to ABXY. They are mapped through the controller itself, you press a paddle on the controller, the controller then
    sends the mapped command to the PC/Console. Thus they can only be mapped to duplicate other buttons on the controller and cannot be mapped to commands that are "outside" of the regular Xbox Controller inputs.

Basically they aren't an extra 4 buttons, rather an alternative 4 buttons.

Also, if they are not responding at all, try double tapping the sync button on the top of the controller. When turning the paddles off, you get 4 short bursts of vibration, when turning the paddles on, you get one longer burst of vibration.
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite controller turns itself off when sync'd to Xbox One - Similar Threads - Elite controller turns

2. My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?: All the solutions ive found online dont work... When i plug it into my console it stays on but the console doesnt detect it... 22e307cf-6d65-4fa8-a6d5-974c2e4109a1
  3. XBox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller only turning on when cable plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller only turning on when cable plugged in: Hi, I recently got an Elite Series 2 controller and am super happy about it, but something is totally wrong unfortunately. 1. The controller will only switch on when I plug the USB C cable in,...
  4. My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in: Noticed yesterday controller getting low on battery so I plugged it in this morning the controller is completely dead and won't charge 6348e174-872b-40c4-9344-0e26ef6af345
  5. My Elite Series 2 Core controller wont turn on. This has happened previously three times...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 Core controller wont turn on. This has happened previously three times...: My Elite Series 2 Core controller wont turn on. This has happened previously three times and i managed to fix it by pure luck. I need help understanding why this happens and how to fix it...
  6. I have a Xbox elite controller that won’t turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox elite controller that won’t turn on: My Xbox elite core controller won’t charge or turn on and that’s even after I plugged it in with the cord. It was working fine until yesterday and I’ve been trying to fix this issues. Is there any...
  7. Why won’t my Xbox series 2 elite controller turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox series 2 elite controller turn on: My Xbox series 2 elite controller just stopped working today and idk what to do bb9108a5-2041-47e5-8bae-736472097920
  8. Xbox elite 2 controller keeps turning off the moment it turns on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite 2 controller keeps turning off the moment it turns on: Hey, I'm just adding another post for someone to read while they fruitless google how to fix this overpriced piece of garbage. My other Elite 2 controller has a thumbstick with a catch in it, and...
  9. Elite Series 2 Controller not recognised by PC when its directly plugged in and wont turn...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller not recognised by PC when its directly plugged in and wont turn...: Any fixes on this without having to buy a new controller? 0445b4de-d683-4ff3-bab7-94a3a886088a
  10. My elite series 2 controller was charging and now won't turn on at all.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller was charging and now won't turn on at all.: As above, i have tried plugging it into different outlets, different cables you name it. The controller just stopped working after I charged it for maybe 2 hours 2cebfb06-c406-4a93-8b1e-d59b0f76e0a8