Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 has problems after very little use

Discus and support Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 has problems after very little use in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, This is my first time really posting on this forum so apologies for any formatting issues. I bought a Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 back... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Evaniwnl, May 28, 2022.

1. Evaniwnl
    Evaniwnl Guest

Hi all,

This is my first time really posting on this forum so apologies for any formatting issues.

I bought a Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 back November. Yet since then, due to college and other things, I really have never used it. Fast forward to this summer, where I have only been playing on it for about 3-4 weeks off and on now. The controller's left bumper already doesn't work half of the time, and my A button doesn't register being pressed sometimes.

Has anyone else ever had an issue like this with this controller? It is appalling to me how a $179 controller has already stopped working with such little use.

(For background and completeness, I have already started the repair process which covers the problem under warranty. The problem is they say it will take 14 days for me to get my controller back. I don't have access to another controller, I gave my other ones away to friends when I got this new one which I thought would last. Guess that was a mistake! I am so excited to not be able to play my Series X finally now that school has ended for another 14 weeks!)

tl;dr | Don't buy the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2.

:)

Evaniwnl, May 28, 2022
  2. napalm 31337 Win User

Controllers

3. Viper7Gamer Win User

Series X controller wish?

I like the little changes to it, the share button is nice. But I will be using my Elite Series 2 Controller when the Xbox Series X comes out.
  4. Viper7Gamer Win User

Series X controller wish?

I like the little changes to it, the share button is nice. But I will be using my Elite Series 2 Controller when the Xbox Series X comes out.
  5. Blueheart14 Win User

Elite controller stick drift

The problem is not just the on elite 2 controllers its a issue with all controllers that use the PDP program because i have 3 afterglow controllers that have problems with joy stick drift i also have 2 power A controllers that have problems with joy stick
    drift as well and my brother has an elite 2 series controller that also has the same problem
  6. EzequielNeves19 Win User

How do I change my controller LED light?

Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 has problems after very little use - Similar Threads - Elite Controller Series

2. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  3. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  4. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  5. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  6. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  7. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  8. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...
  9. Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking: I've been through 3 of these elite controllers now over the last 2 weeks. First one I bought was the "elite 2 core" And that came with stick drift on both right and left I then got a replacement...
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller not updating on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller not updating on PC: Hi I wanted to update the firmware on my new Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller. I installed the Xbox Accessories app, and it prompted me for the update, and I started it But then nothing happens....