Xbox elite controller series 2 design lab warranty

Discus and support Xbox elite controller series 2 design lab warranty in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, I read on Reddit that you can call and request an additional 2 year warranty on top of the standard 1 year limited warranty that the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MC HAMM3RTIME, May 5, 2023.

1. Xbox elite controller series 2 design lab warranty

Hi there, I read on Reddit that you can call and request an additional 2 year warranty on top of the standard 1 year limited warranty that the controller already comes with for $20. Personally I think you should be able to add this during the checkout process, but I'm guessing Microsoft prefers people not being able to redeem a warranty on these.

My concern with buying an elite series 2 from the design lab is that every single one of my elite series 2 controllers has had the same bumper issue with it eventually becoming basically non-responsive. Some have had stick drift, some haven't, or maybe the bumper issue just happened first and the stick drift would have come later.

Are these new design lab ones improved in any way or am I going to have to redeem this warranty every ~6 months? And if I do have to redeem the warranty, do I get an exact replacement controller, do they repair mine, or do I just end up with a standard black elite controller? Personally, I would be pretty bummed if this thing broke in 6 months after spending $250+ (if you include the accessories and warranty) and then all I get is a generic controller you can find for $130 on Amazon. Also, do I get to redeem the warranty multiple times or just once? Like I said my elite controllers tend to start breaking within 6 months (definitely within a year) so that's 3-6 controllers during a 3 year period.

I like the design lab options and the customization you can do, but considering how fragile these controllers are I'm not sure how they can justify the price tag without improving either the warranty or the durability of the controller.

To clarify, I'm not white knuckling my controller playing Warzone or anything. I mostly play single player games these days and I haven't really "abused" my controllers since the old 360 days (I really miss how robust those controllers were). I burned through so many xb1 controllers due to stick drift, but this new problem with the bumpers is completely ridiculous in my opinion.

:)

MC HAMM3RTIME, May 5, 2023
  2. Toast-Tea Win User

I'm curious about the additional 2-year warranty. If that is available for an Xbox Elite 2 controller through Design Labs, how do you purchase it?

Thank you!
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Would Like to get my xbox design lab elite series 2 controller fixed đź‘Ž

Hi John Christian1,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

Based on your description, your Xbox Controller has a hardware issue. Since, you are asking for repair on this controller according to these pages:

If you’re still experiencing issues with your controller after troubleshooting, a replacement may be necessary. For more info, go to:

Request an Xbox controller replacement

Xbox Wireless Elite Series 2 Controller warranty update

Kindly, proceed with the request for repair on this controller as you no longer need to troubleshoot it.

If you have further concerns kindly create a new thread using this link - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox design lab controller help

5. XBF Amber M Win User

Designer labs controller

Hi SuspectedFlyer7,

Thanks for the reply! In regard to a Design Lab controller, they have a 120 day standard warranty, the Elite has a full year and any standard or other controller/accessory is subject to the 90 day warranty. Here are a couple of handy support articles that
    you may find useful in regard to Design Lab controllers:

Xbox Design Lab and Xbox Design Lab controller help

Design Lab Controller Frequently Asked Questions

As you're having an issue with a design lab controller, you may wish to go ahead and
    request a call back from Xbox Support to see if they can get you sorted out in regards to a repair or replacement, or what they would recommend in this situation. Just be aware
    that it may take a bit more time for servicing as Design Lab controllers are custom fabricated for each individual.

I hope that this information helps you out a bit more!
  6. Kimmy_24 Win User

Xbox Design Lab Series 2 Elite Controller Warranty

Hi, I hope you're doing well and safe out there. I'm an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

I am afraid not and it will depend to the availability of Xbox Design Lab Series 2 Elite Controller since it's a customized design. If you wish to proceed sending it for replacement, please refer to this link as your guide: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne....
Thema:

1. Xbox elite controller series 2 design lab warranty - Similar Threads - elite controller series

2. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  3. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  4. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  5. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  6. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  7. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  8. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  9. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  10. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...