Xbox Elite Controller Series 2, both thumb sticks are rapidly moving in every direction

Discus and support Xbox Elite Controller Series 2, both thumb sticks are rapidly moving in every direction in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I don't know how to best describe this problem and i haven't found any other posts about this issue. Used my controller yesterday and was fine, went to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SmashTheLetsPly, Oct 29, 2022.

1. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2, both thumb sticks are rapidly moving in every direction

I don't know how to best describe this problem and i haven't found any other posts about this issue. Used my controller yesterday and was fine, went to use it today to find both thumb sticks are registering as moving rapidly in every direction (without being touched). To be more precise, if i have a game or app open, the camera will be shaking as if i was moving the right thumb stick at super human speed and the left thumb stick flicks through menu or option tabs, again at crazy speed. When i try move the thumb sticks it has no effect and doesn't cancel the craziness going on. After a lot of trying i managed to update the controller but that had no effect. I've tried opening the accessory app but because the thumb sticks are registering as moving at such a high speed, i cant click on any of the options in the app. It also sometimes "disconnects" from my pc, despite it being wired in and the lights still displaying on the controller (just no button function). Like i said, the control was working fine last night but not this morning. Does anyone know what is happening to it, or know of a solution? Thanks

:)

SmashTheLetsPly, Oct 29, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Xbox Elite Controller Series 2, both thumb sticks are rapidly moving in every direction

Try checking for software updates from time to time
    But don't discard the repair option , try requesting one in the next days
  3. SmashTheLetsPly Win User

Yes, i keep the controller clean and in its case when not in use. I have never dropped the controller or split anything on it. I cleaned it earlier to see if that was an issue, but nothing changed.

I don't think i will be able to downgrade the controller, because if the controller is plugged in while any xbox app is open, i cant control anything.

I really hope this isnt an unfixable hardware or software issue, as this would be the fourth time in just over a year that ive had issues with it.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

6. SmashTheLetsPly Win User

To anyone who has the same issue, the hardware team said updating the controller should fix the issue, however that didn't work for me, so they are just replacing the controller (under warranty),(and after having to contact them 3 times as they kept forgetting to email me back with the details). I hope your issues are solvable but if not, try contacting the support team via the virtual agent as i personally found them more helpful.
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2, both thumb sticks are rapidly moving in every direction - Similar Threads - Elite Controller Series

2. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  3. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  4. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  5. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  6. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  7. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  8. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...
  9. Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking: I've been through 3 of these elite controllers now over the last 2 weeks. First one I bought was the "elite 2 core" And that came with stick drift on both right and left I then got a replacement...
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller not updating on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller not updating on PC: Hi I wanted to update the firmware on my new Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller. I installed the Xbox Accessories app, and it prompted me for the update, and I started it But then nothing happens....