Xbox elite controller series 1 headset jack stopped working.

Discus and support Xbox elite controller series 1 headset jack stopped working. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Last night, the headset jack to my xbox elite controller series 1 stopped detecting my Hyper X cloud 2 headset. At first I thought it was the headset,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by LukeKrumrey, Jul 25, 2020.

1. LukeKrumrey
    LukeKrumrey Guest

Last night, the headset jack to my xbox elite controller series 1 stopped detecting my Hyper X cloud 2 headset. At first I thought it was the headset, but I have tried the headset on other controllers and it works fine. The controller is barely a year
    old and so it just ran out of warranty. Everything else works great on the controller. It is starting to get a little bit of drift, but out of all of the things to go wrong on this controller it's the headset jack. I tried to get a repair on it since I bought
    it on the Microsoft Store but like I said it is out of warranty and it is discontinued. Hopefully someone from Microsoft will reply and help me out. I am looking at getting the series 2 but I am wondering if I can work with Microsoft on this one and get a
    discount for the series 2 controller. Because I paid $150 for the series one and one year later the headphone jack stopped working? I mean come on that's ridiculous.

Thanks!

:)

LukeKrumrey, Jul 25, 2020
  2. Geri M. Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Not Working With Game Chat

Hello Cory Morocco,

Welcome to Xbox Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that the Logitech G Pro X Headset not working with Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller. As per description, you have done basic troubleshooting steps correctly.

Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern.

Aside from the steps that you have done, kindly try to perform or check the following if this could help.

1. Make sure that the headset is fully plugged into the controller’s audio jack.
    2. Try using a different headset with the Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller to see if it works.
    3. Check if the headset is compatible with the Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller.
    4. Try resetting your Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller by holding down the Pair button on the back of the controller for 10 seconds until the light on the front of the controller flashes rapidly.

You can also check this article for more information and troubleshooting steps. Connect a compatible headset | Xbox Support.

If none of these steps work, it might be best to contact Logitech support for further assistance.

We hope it worked out well for you.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  3. INeedHelp61 Win User

Mic compatability - Ath-Adg1x

Is the xbox headset adapter the same as the pre installed headphone jack on the elite controller? Are they a different connection?
  4. Clayton T Win User

elite controller

Hi MAC A ROOOOOON,

Yes, it does have a 3.5mm headset jack and it should work with accessories like charging stations for Xbox controllers.

You can see more specs and information in this article Elite Controller.
  5. Twizted Team Win User

Missing the headset volume, headset chat mixer, & mic monitoring

What kind of controller are you using?

If a regular controller are you using the stereo headset adapter? If so all the control settings are on it, not the guide.

If an Elite controller are you using the stereo adapter or jacking your headset right in the 3.5 mm jack?
  6. MadCheese1337 Win User

How to use a USB Headset?

the xbox one doesnt work with usb headsets yet only specially licensed ones like the turtlebeach Stealth 500x or the Elite 800X work with USB on the transmitter plus optical out.

you might want to check for headsets that use a single 3.5mm jack as a connection like the razer kraken or Turtlebeach X0 One/Four/Sevens and other ones that either come with a propietary Stereo Chat adapter or IF you have one of the new controllers with
    the 3.5mm Jack built in just a straight pluug in then. i am sure there are also lots of adapters that combine 2 3.5 mm jack headsets to a 1 3.5mm jack. the choice is all yours.
Thema:

1. Xbox elite controller series 1 headset jack stopped working. - Similar Threads - elite controller series

2. When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...: When my controller (Xbox Elite Series 2) is in hair-trigger mode and I push down and continue to push down it makes this weird squeaking noise. This does not happen with my left trigger. I have...
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  4. I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...: I've had this pad since last December and now I'm start to get a major stick drift on the right analog stick. However I didn't purchase it directly from Microsoft/Xbox. What can I do. Can I get a...
  5. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  6. controller elite series 2 barely working

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller elite series 2 barely working: my LB and RB stopped working ages ago and required a heavy amount of force so i switched to the back buttons which have been working, until most of my buttons stopped working fully execpt my RT,...
  7. Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...: Hello, I’m looking to purchase a custom controller from design labs, and I was looking at the elite series 2 controller, and it asks if I’d like to purchase paddles for an extra £21 on top of the...
  8. How do I get my controller to work again? Xbox Elite Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my controller to work again? Xbox Elite Series 2: This past weekend, I was playing on my PC, as usual. Had no problems whatsoever throughout a 4 hour long session. At the end of my game session, I was noticing that my home button was unresponsive...
  9. Connect XBOX 1 Elite Controller Series 1 to Mac?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connect XBOX 1 Elite Controller Series 1 to Mac?: am under the impression that this controller does not support Bluetooth/wireless connections. Even if it does, my 2023 Mac M2 still does not recognize it (running the latest update). I have tried...
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button: I recently bought an Elite Xbox Series 2 controller for my PC, and I ran into an issue where every time I press and hold (edit: any button), the controller would briefly disconnect (no input, xbox...