Xbox Elite Controller not recognized by Accessories App Windows 11

Discus and support Xbox Elite Controller not recognized by Accessories App Windows 11 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So my xbox elite controller, playing on a wired connection, is recognized by steam and by windows itself as a controller. However, the xbox accessories... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Bonflict, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Bonflict
    Bonflict Guest

So my xbox elite controller, playing on a wired connection, is recognized by steam and by windows itself as a controller. However, the xbox accessories app does not recognize it, and when I load up games such as Call of Duty Modern Warfare II, the controller is not able to be used even though it is recognized in game as an option. I've tried all the advice online, updating drivers, reinstalling the app, trying via bluetooth, etc. nothing seems to be working. Please help

Xbox Elite Controller not recognized by Accessories App Windows 11 [​IMG]

:)

Bonflict, Nov 17, 2022
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Does Microsoft plan to support it's own XBox Controller firmware on the Xbox Accessories app (PC)?

There might be an update to the Xbox Accessories app on the PC. Check using the Microsoft Store app on Windows 10/11. The app on the PC should then be able to recognize the new firmware of the Elite Controller.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Bonflict

This can be a bit odd, but please try disabling steam controller input / configuration completely.

After that restart your PC, re-connect the controller and check if the device finally appears in the accessories app.

—————

If maybe the issue persist, please double check if everything in your PC is up to date (before and after that please don’t enable steam controller input / configuration)

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update
    Click Check for Updates

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Then, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too. (Click on get updates)
  4. Sebastian Leconte Win User

Elite Controller Series 2 - Windows 11 - Controller won't connect to Bluetooth as Elite Controller

Would someone be able to assist me with my current issue?

I recently bought the series elite 2 controller and I cant seem to connect the controller directly to my pc with the cable to configure the buttons. I am able to connect it via Bluetooth. I have windows 11 and it has been updated to the latest software and I just downloaded the xbox accessories app. When the app is opened it fails to recognize my controller.

Thank you in advance.
  5. BritishCharlie Win User

Revert/Rollback/Downgrade Xbox Controller Firmware. There is a way to do this!!! (FULL guide with pics)

This solution is not working in Windows 11 as of today:

Elite S2 5.13.3143.0

Accessories App 300.2202.25001.0

FYI this is what the link in Xbox Assist does: My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update | Xbox Support

It opens the Xbox Accessories app with:

xboxaccessories:\\firmwareupdate?legacyDowngrade=true

No option to revert.

Windows 10 Xbox Accessories App does not work with 5.13.3143.0 at all - displays a message saying its being updated come back soon.
  6. Echo4Ent Win User

Sprint on controller

Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Controller not recognized by Accessories App Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Elite Controller recognized

2. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  3. was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...: was playing a game on gaming pc windows 10 and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go down to device says Bluetooth turned off cant seem to find anywhere to turn back...
  4. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  5. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  6. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  7. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Split from this thread. Seems like I have a similar issue with a normal Series X controller but I'm not sure entirely : Recently an update caused the share button to stop working on Windows...
  8. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Out of the box I connected my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller via Bluetooth to my Windows 11 PC. It was detected as an elite controller. During gameplay I found that some button combinations would...
  9. How do I fix my Xbox S recognizing my elite controller as an audio device.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my Xbox S recognizing my elite controller as an audio device.: Elite controller is being recognized as an audio device. I can only hear game audio when my headphones are on but I can't use game chat, or party chat when I'm using my elite controller. A regular...
  10. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 recognized only as a normal controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 recognized only as a normal controller...: I've tried several troubleshooting steps found on Microsoft's forums but nothing helped. I'm using windows 11. All updates installed, even optional ones. Controller firmware is updated. I have 2...