Xbox Elite Controller glitching

Discus and support Xbox Elite Controller glitching in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, i have an Elite Controller series 2 that i have played with a while and now i excperience an issue when restarting the TV or playing on another... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Waqa Sacho, May 12, 2023.

1. Waqa Sacho
    Waqa Sacho Guest

Hi, i have an Elite Controller series 2 that i have played with a while and now i excperience an issue when restarting the TV or playing on another controller then switching back to Elite.

The issue im excperiencing is that the controller starts moving by itself ingame then it randomly turns on and off and it happens a lot until i restart my controller and wait for a while.

I hope there is a way to fix this cause its irritating to wait such a long time to play with the Elite controller after reseting TV or switching controller.

:)

Waqa Sacho, May 12, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hi Waqa, thanks for the additional information.
    May I know if your controller firmware is up to date?
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne....

And, if you try to connect the controller using the USB cable it works or the problem persist?
  3. Waqa Sacho Win User

I reverted the firmware and it actually helped! Thanks for the help!

Is it possible that there is gonna be a firmware update fixing this in the future?
  4. WattyNuela Win User

Thanks for the additional information

Waqa in this case please try to revert the controller firmware and try again once you're able to rollback the update

Please follow the next tutorial in order to try that:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

If maybe that doesn't work I found something from a subreddit that you can try in your PC (but may not work)

" Open xbox accessories app, then hit windows + R (run) and input this command:

xboxaccessories:\\firmwareupdate?legacyDowngrade=true

It should then give you option to revert."

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/tp49...

The previous link leads to a non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.
  5. Waqa Sacho Win User

Hi, my controller is up to date. Everytime this happens i always check for updates.

I plugged in a USB to the controller and the issue doesnt happen, then i plugged it out and it started happening again.

I dont like playing on the USB so much cause i have to be closer to the TV.
  6. jspin. Win User

This constantly happens with my Elite 2 except on my Xbox Series X exactly how you describe it. I assumed it was a software issue with the Xbox, but if I'm understanding you correctly you are connected directly to your tv via bluetooth. This leads me to believe this may instead be a hardware/software issue with the Elite 2.

Hopefully this context helps any advisors that may look into this.
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Controller glitching - Similar Threads - Elite Controller glitching

2. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  3. was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...: was playing a game on gaming pc windows 10 and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go down to device says Bluetooth turned off cant seem to find anywhere to turn back...
  4. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  5. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  6. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  7. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  8. Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing: I have an elite 2 controller less than 6 months old. I was playing a game that froze hard and required me to hard shut off my xbox and now the controller won't turn on but it's charge light...
  9. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...
  10. Elite 2 controller battery won't charge

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite 2 controller battery won't charge: Hi everyone, The battery of my Elite 2 controller is not being charged anymore. I play on a computer that has a wired controller. The battery has a lifespan of approximately 20 to 50 minutes. I...