Xbox elite controller breaking after 6 months

Discus and support Xbox elite controller breaking after 6 months in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got my elite controller about 6 months ago and my left bumper and right bumper have both broken to the point where I have to put a lot of pressure on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Anonymous 5555, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Xbox elite controller breaking after 6 months

I got my elite controller about 6 months ago and my left bumper and right bumper have both broken to the point where I have to put a lot of pressure on them for them to work and also having trouble with a sticking analog stick and I don’t really know what to do at the end of the day I spent a lot of money on this and it isn’t something you can just buy again so I would really appreciate some help because I don’t want this to break after 6 months of playing if my third party controller can last for longer than 3 years this is honstley the worst Purchase I’ve made If it’s just gonna break after a few months

:)

Anonymous 5555, Nov 5, 2021
  2. Sik0din Win User

What controller do you have?

I'm looking to purchase V2 of the elite since my first elite cracked 3 months after having it. (I've never had any controller break before). Right now I run with the Sea of Thieves controller.
  3. MickeyTong Win User

Decent controller for xbox one

Definitely Elite controller.

But how hard are you playing that you can break controller in 4 month?
  4. MasterShakeKi11 Win User

Xbox Elite controllers are faulty.

Agreed my bumper broke off after 6 months. I was very careful because the controller was very expensive. What a joke for the "elite" controller. Microsoft refuses to help and I just loose 150 dollars.
  5. RandyHowell79 Win User

Xbox Elite Controller

No point saying i should go to sony, their controllers are just as bad if not worse for falling apart, i have an elite controller, had it for over a year and a half, play daily and still going strong with no problems at all, i would take it back to where
    you purchased it.
    sry farscape, the retail places are even worse. Its a 30 day warranty and thats only because they have to by law. The elite controller is junk for the most part and Microsoft should be ashamed of themselves. $150 controller? And
    it breaks inside 6 months for the majority of elite owners?? And you could buy an xbox one S over the holidays for $200??? An ENTIRE game system for a few bucks more illustrates that its no small amount of money here. So how come my console is EXPECTED to
    work more than 6 months but the elite isnt? I absolutely LOVED the elite controller for the awesome things you can do. But it wears out so fast you can count the gameplay in hours before something breaks just from normal use. Shame on Microsoft. Im with you
    on that farscape. Its definitely worth lookininto sony because they have the best games already and now with the elite controller not worth re purchasing im going to be looking to see if a change is a good idea. and thats sad.
  6. MattyMidway Win User

front press bumpers?

These controllers are a lot more stiff than the 360 controllers were. After a week of good gaming the controller breaks in and the buttons are a lot more forgiving. Times and technology change and somethings don't work the same. I'm on my second Elite
    controller in less than 7 months because the thumbstick sensors wore out and moved on their own...
Thema:

Xbox elite controller breaking after 6 months

1. Xbox elite controller breaking after 6 months - Similar Threads - elite controller breaking

2. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  3. Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping: I can’t believe I’m even having this issue. It has taken me 1.5 years to get back an Elite Series 2 controller that I sent in for warranty repair along with its accessories. However, the...
  4. I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...: I have a xbox 360 elite console, and it has sat for a bit, but am breaking it back out, it powers on and everything but the controller no longer works. Are there "new" controllers that can be...
  5. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  6. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  7. Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10: Is there any way to configure an Xbox elite controller on Windows 10? The Xbox accessories app no longer works and tells me I need to update my Windows OS. My computer isn't eligible for an...
  8. Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...: was doing a controller firmware update when my controller disconnected from the charger causing the update to stop, leaving my Xbox home button flashing and controller unresponsive. Have changed...
  9. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  10. Why do my Xbox elite controllers consistently break after 2-4 months of use?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do my Xbox elite controllers consistently break after 2-4 months of use?: I have owned about 6 Xbox Elite controllers, maybe even more, over the span of 7 years from the first gen to the series two. One thing I find incredibly frustrating is that either the LB or RB or...