Xbox Elite controller audio is cutting out on Xbox series X

Discus and support Xbox Elite controller audio is cutting out on Xbox series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey there, I've just got a new Xbox series X and am using my Xbox elite controller on it, but the audio from my 3.5mm jack headphones are cutting... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tobias_B_663, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Tobias_B_663
    Tobias_B_663 Guest

Hey there,

I've just got a new Xbox series X and am using my Xbox elite controller on it, but the audio from my 3.5mm jack headphones are cutting out/crackly during play.

I have been using this controller and headset on my Xbox one with no issue, and when I tried it again on the Xbox one there were no issues.

Is there a setting I need to change or a fix for the controller not working properly on the series X?

Thanks,

:)

Tobias_B_663, Nov 7, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community.

We appreciate your coming to the Xbox community, and we're sorry you're having this issue. According to your report, please try the solution below.

Step 1. Press and hold the Xbox button on the console for at least 10 seconds to open the Power center.

Step 2. Then unplug the power supply from your console and wait for 3 minutes.

Step 3. Plug the power supply back into the Xbox console.

Step 4. Press the Xbox button on the console to turn it on again.

*If that doesn't work please read the article below.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

*Thanks in advance for contacting us, I hope this can help you.
  3. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @Tobias_B_663!

If you haven't already, please try to update your controller as it can fix this issue. Here's what you need to do:

Power Cycle your console:

1. Turn off your Xbox by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds. The console will turn off.
    2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.
    Power cycle to your controller :

1. Press and hold the Xbox button for 5-10 seconds, until the controller turns off.
    2. Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the Xbox button again to turn the controller back on.
    Update the controller:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Under Profile & system, select Settings.
    3. Under Devices & connections, select Accessories.
    4. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “” to check the firmware version for your controller.
    5. If it says there’s no update available, your controller is current. If it says “Update,” follow the steps provided.
    6. Once your controller is updated, disconnect the USB cable and try connecting wirelessly again.
    Also, try updating your headset as well then check if the same behavior occurs again.

Give it a try and let us know how it goes!
  4. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox one controller

The Xbox Series X controllers will work on Xbox One consoles, and the Xbox One controllers (including the Elite/Elite V2) will work on Xbox Series X too.

This is a link to an external site which
    confirms the backwards and forwards compatibility for controllers.
  5. JonnYB2Z Win User

[PC] Xbox Wireless Headset + Dolby Atmos = Audio Stuttering

I am also experiencing audio cut out/ stuttering. I have narrowed it down to the adapter that I am using (Windows 10 Adapter for controller). I have an Xbox Series X where I can play Warzone as a comparison. I do not get the same audio cuts outs playing on Xbox as I do on PC playing Warzone and when I disable Dolby Atmos on PC the cut out stops completely.

From what I can tell this is a support issue of the adapter to deal with the increase data to the Xbox wireless headset..... just my findings.
  6. Viper7Gamer Win User

Series X controller wish?

I like the little changes to it, the share button is nice. But I will be using my Elite Series 2 Controller when the Xbox Series X comes out.
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite controller audio is cutting out on Xbox series X - Similar Threads - Elite controller audio

2. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  3. was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...: was playing a game on gaming pc windows 10 and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go down to device says Bluetooth turned off cant seem to find anywhere to turn back...
  4. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  5. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  6. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  7. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  8. Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing: I have an elite 2 controller less than 6 months old. I was playing a game that froze hard and required me to hard shut off my xbox and now the controller won't turn on but it's charge light...
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  10. How do I fix my Xbox S recognizing my elite controller as an audio device.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my Xbox S recognizing my elite controller as an audio device.: Elite controller is being recognized as an audio device. I can only hear game audio when my headphones are on but I can't use game chat, or party chat when I'm using my elite controller. A regular...