XBox Elite Controller and Bose QC15

Discus and support XBox Elite Controller and Bose QC15 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox elite controller and am looking for just game audio out of the 3.5 jack with my Bose QC15 headphones. I can't seem to get any audio to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TFrankMac2140, Dec 30, 2015.

1. XBox Elite Controller and Bose QC15

I have an Xbox elite controller and am looking for just game audio out of the 3.5 jack with my Bose QC15 headphones. I can't seem to get any audio to come through the headphones, but the controller works with a very old pair of non mic Apple headphones.
    Any idea what my issue could be?

:)

TFrankMac2140, Dec 30, 2015
  2. Schlaric
    Schlaric Guest
    Headset Adapter and Beats Studio Headset

I have The bose qc15 same issue -____-

Schlaric, Dec 30, 2015
  3. Covert Forces Controller and Bose QC15

Same thing with the new regular Xbox One Controller with built-in 3.5mm Headset Jack. Bose QC15 don't work at all. How is this not fixed yet? These are top quality headphones which work perfectly with PS4 plugged into the Dualshock4 controller. Why can't
    Xbox One just update the controller to support it?

BrandNewShotgun, Dec 30, 2015
  4. Schlaric Win User

Headset Adapter and Beats Studio Headset

I have The bose qc15 same issue -____-
  5. BrandNewShotgun Win User

Covert Forces Controller and Bose QC15

Same thing with the new regular Xbox One Controller with built-in 3.5mm Headset Jack. Bose QC15 don't work at all. How is this not fixed yet? These are top quality headphones which work perfectly with PS4 plugged into the Dualshock4 controller. Why can't
    Xbox One just update the controller to support it?
  6. jayweb Win User

Ok guys, heres what you do, with a little trial and error I got my QC15's working. Take out the iPhone cord that plugs into your QC15 and use the normal 3.5 cord. The cord I mean has no microphone attachment, this one should work. I have a set of Bose overears,
    no mic and they worked so I changed cords on the QC15 and voila. The iPhone supported mic seems to be the issue.
  7. II Vigilante Il Win User

New 3.5mm Xbox One controllers don't seem to output sound unless a mic is detected?

Hi fellow gamers. I too just picked a brand new Xbox One controller with 3.5mm jack and have QC15, Bose In-Ear Ultra headphones both designed for the iphone. However QC15, I cannot get Game, Netflix, system sound at all with either Mic cable and no mic
    cable. However during my diagnostic testing, I used my Bose In ear ultras and I was able to hear game, netflix, and system sound. Granted the mic didn't work, but I noticed the mic icon was on when I pressed any button on the Mic control.

I did some some research and learned about OMTP and CITA standards where they reverse the ground on the 3.5mm jack. And the solution to our problem lies on buying a Android in mic wire.

My questions is my control faulty because I didn't hear any sound through 2 different cables? How else should I test it?

Has anyone bought the android cable for the QC15 and actually got it to work?
  8. RiggityWrektSon Win User

I believe you need to purchase an OMTP to CTIA adapter, but am not positive. I am trying to find an answer to a similar question as well. I can't get my Bose QC 20 earbuds to work, and purchased the set for the Samsung Galaxy in hopes they would work (We
    all know adapters are necessary for anything Apple).
Thema:

XBox Elite Controller and Bose QC15

1. XBox Elite Controller and Bose QC15 - Similar Threads - Elite Controller Bose

2. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  3. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  4. was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...: was playing a game on gaming pc windows 10 and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go down to device says Bluetooth turned off cant seem to find anywhere to turn back...
  5. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  6. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  7. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  8. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  9. Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing: I have an elite 2 controller less than 6 months old. I was playing a game that froze hard and required me to hard shut off my xbox and now the controller won't turn on but it's charge light...
  10. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...