Xbox elite controller A button causing the game bar to open and blue tooth issues.

Discus and support Xbox elite controller A button causing the game bar to open and blue tooth issues. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just bought an xbox elite controller series 2 and whenever I press A the stupid xbox game bar shows up and I have to press A a lot in most games.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by koolaidguy, Nov 11, 2021.

1. koolaidguy
    koolaidguy Guest

Xbox elite controller A button causing the game bar to open and blue tooth issues.

I just bought an xbox elite controller series 2 and whenever I press A the stupid xbox game bar shows up and I have to press A a lot in most games. Also when I plug the contoller in to look at it in the Xbox accessories app, when I disconnect the controller from the usbC it doesn't connect to bluetooth again. So I have to re-pair it, but then the A button does that thing again.

:)

koolaidguy, Nov 11, 2021
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, I'm sorry this is happening and it's really weird that he when updating by pc app he's done it.

The big question is that we never check here in the community any similar situation.

I didn't ask you but by chance you are not part of some Insider program because the updates are different for the controls, for normal control the firmware version is in version 4.8.1923.0
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Koolaidguy, this is really weird, first make sure you havehave the latest version of Windows installed, at 21H1?

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update and then make all subsequent security updates.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store.

When you're done with this, go to the Windows Start menu, then click Settings'Games'Xbox Game Bar.

You'll have the shortcut options and also an option to select for the Xbox Game Bar to open with the power button
  4. same1212 Win User

I'm struggling from same issue as you do . except only use this controller for my pc. ( I don't have xbox )

Guess there is no way to fix it...
  5. koolaidguy Win User

Yeah everything is updated. I just updated windows yesterday to make sure and I reinstalled the xbox accessories app just to make sure I had the latest version.

Turning off the ability to launch the game bar through settings did solve one problem, but it didn't fix the bluetooth issue. It also doesn't prompt me to update the controller when I go into the accessories app. IDK I think I just got a **** model that made it through quality control. Why does a 179.99 dollar controller have bluetooth issues and reads the A input as a A+Xbox button input only through bluetooth? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you have anyother ideas please let me know otherwise I'll probably be heading to best buy soon to get a replacement.

Also just for more context to the issue, I don't have an issue with the bluetooth dongle on my PC because my normal xbox one controller works fine with bluetooth. And I tried the elite controller on another PC and it does the exact same thing.
  6. koolaidguy Win User

Yeah I don't have an Xbox either. I just use their controllers because they are better integrated in windows than playstation controllers. Well except this one apparently.
Thema:

1. Xbox elite controller A button causing the game bar to open and blue tooth issues. - Similar Threads - elite controller button

2. Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...: Is there any way to resolve this issue? b9dd45c2-10df-4372-b52d-05338aeaeb89
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button: I recently bought an Elite Xbox Series 2 controller for my PC, and I ran into an issue where every time I press and hold (edit: any button), the controller would briefly disconnect (no input, xbox...
  4. Is there any way to fix my elite 2 controller “A” and “Y” face button

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way to fix my elite 2 controller “A” and “Y” face button: I just got a elite 2 controller and the “A” and sometimes “Y” button don’t register so I went and returned it and got a new one which I tested and it had the same problem. Do I need to just keep...
  5. New elite series 2 controller disconnects when pressing left stick button

in XBoX on Consoles
    New elite series 2 controller disconnects when pressing left stick button: My controller disconnects when I press the lefts stick button, I've done a full shutdown of my Xbox, but it still happens. I've tried the button test in settings and when I press left stick button...
  6. I have changed my elite controller home button to green.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have changed my elite controller home button to green.: I have changed my elite controller home button, however when I leave editing it changes back to the default color. What am I missing? e72be71b-40a8-47e8-ac1c-608eee0a0254
  7. Xbox Elite Controller 2 - Stick Drift & Button Problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller 2 - Stick Drift & Button Problems: Hi there, I am currently experiencing some problems with my Xbox Elite Controller 2. The current problems I am facing are: - Horrible stick drift on both thumb sticks, even with dead zones...
  8. Why does my Xbox elite 2 controller buttons not work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox elite 2 controller buttons not work?: So, when i try to play with it only the sticks work, and the home button does not work, i don't know how this happened and this is making my whole Xbox gaming experience not so good, so can...
  9. My trigger button is cracked on my elite 2 controller can I have this replaced

in XBoX on Consoles
    My trigger button is cracked on my elite 2 controller can I have this replaced: My trigger is cracked on my elite 2 controller ! The controller hasn’t been dropped it just gave up during game play !! Can I have this replaced/repaired f65632b4-8e6e-48ef-bac8-29fcebff2313
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller's face buttons are unresponsive and delayed.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller's face buttons are unresponsive and delayed.: I recently purchased the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller, and on its first use, I noticed that the face buttons sometimes do not respond to inputs and sometimes will have a delayed input upon being...