Xbox elite 2 recognized as normal controller after update today

Discus and support Xbox elite 2 recognized as normal controller after update today in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Good evening, Wondering If there is a solution to or If some1 has the same problem as me. This morning i did a firmware update on Elite V2... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by RaGe_74, Nov 20, 2021.

1. RaGe_74
    RaGe_74 New Member

Good evening,

Wondering If there is a solution to or If some1 has the same problem as me.

This morning i did a firmware update on Elite V2 controller via de xbox, after i tried to reconnect it with my pc via bluetooth but it is now recognised only as a normal controller.

When connected to the xbox its recognised normal.

Xbox accessoires app does not recognised the controller because of the new firmware not being supported.

Is there a workaround? Way to downgrade rthe firmware maybe? My son uses the xbox. I o ly play on pc, so no clue yet how to solve.

Everything is up to date on my pc. Windows 10, latest drivers, latest updates Etc etc.

Kind regards for the help

Ray

RaGe_74, Nov 20, 2021
  2. KnutBjerke Win User

Elite series 2 not working on PC after update.

Did you find a solution to this problem? I updated my Elite series 2 yesterday, and now I have the exact same problem. Elite series 2 is recognized as a regular xbox controller and does connect via bluetooth, but doesnt work. Connected via USB-c the XBOX accessories app doesnt even recognize it...

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but that didnt help.
  3. Janet_C Win User

Xbox Elite Controller V2 bluetooth on windows 11

Hello!

I'm a Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you.

I am so sorry you are going through these difficulties.

Can't use the controller as an Elite Series 2?

The Xbox Accessories app recognizes it as a normal controller and does not allow you to customize it?

Best regards
  4. RemoteV Win User

Elite Series 2 Not working on iOS After firmware Update

I just made the same mistake. And was very upset about this. I had everything working perfectly before the update. Yesterday my ipad would recognize the controller as an elite. I was even able to use it to play remote computers though the ipad. The remote computers were able to detect the elite controller and the extra paddles. Then today when I went to update the controller on my xbox, the controller’s paddles were not functioning for ipad purposes. (The only reason I got the controller was for the ipad, I don’t really use the xbox.) This was absolutely devastating. I wish I could reverse to firmware update. However when I updated to iPadOS 15.2.1 most functionality was restored. I am now able to use the paddles and have them recognized by the remote computer. It will take some time to fully test if there are no other issues with the fix, and I will report here IF I find anything. One thing I noticed immediately after installing the iPadOS update, is that the controller is still naming itself an Xbox Wireless Controller through bluetooth now, as opposed to an Xbox Elite Controller before.
  5. Zentr0Gaming Win User

Elite Series 2 Controller unresponsive face buttons -- defective controller or design flaw?

Most xbox one elite controllers (1 and 2) tend to become disfunctional after awhile, especially if you swap parts frequently. Which is why I think they don’t last as long as normal controllers.
  6. s33r Win User

Xbox Elite Controller 2 will not connect VIA usb or Bluetooth to my pc

The original XBox Elite controller requires the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 so without that adapter it will not be recognized properly by Windows. The newer, Elite Series 2 can connect to a Windows 10 PC without the need of an adapter.
Thema:

1. Xbox elite 2 recognized as normal controller after update today - Similar Threads - elite recognized normal

2. Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10: Is there any way to configure an Xbox elite controller on Windows 10? The Xbox accessories app no longer works and tells me I need to update my Windows OS. My computer isn't eligible for an...
  3. Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...: was doing a controller firmware update when my controller disconnected from the charger causing the update to stop, leaving my Xbox home button flashing and controller unresponsive. Have changed...
  4. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  5. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  6. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  7. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Split from this thread. Seems like I have a similar issue with a normal Series X controller but I'm not sure entirely : Recently an update caused the share button to stop working on Windows...
  8. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Out of the box I connected my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller via Bluetooth to my Windows 11 PC. It was detected as an elite controller. During gameplay I found that some button combinations would...
  9. How do I fix my Xbox S recognizing my elite controller as an audio device.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my Xbox S recognizing my elite controller as an audio device.: Elite controller is being recognized as an audio device. I can only hear game audio when my headphones are on but I can't use game chat, or party chat when I'm using my elite controller. A regular...
  10. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 recognized only as a normal controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 recognized only as a normal controller...: I've tried several troubleshooting steps found on Microsoft's forums but nothing helped. I'm using windows 11. All updates installed, even optional ones. Controller firmware is updated. I have 2...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. steam xbox elite recognized as regular