Xbox Elite 2 controller still has poor quality manufacturing...

Discus and support Xbox Elite 2 controller still has poor quality manufacturing... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to create a discussion highlighting the fact that the Microsoft Xbox Elite 2 controllers are still not improved enough over the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by admack1GO, Jul 1, 2020.

1. admack1GO
    admack1GO Guest

Hi, I would like to create a discussion highlighting the fact that the Microsoft Xbox Elite 2 controllers are still not improved enough over the Xbox Elite original controller to warrant the massive price Microsoft asks for these poorly manufactured pieces
    of hardware.

In the last 7 months I have gone through two Elite 2 controllers one of which had the same issue as the original Xbox Elite controllers I have previously owned (I had to replace 2 Elite original controllers within a year due to faulty shoulder buttons -
    they broke without excessive force or poor treatment). Now I have had my 1st shoulder button on the Elite 2 controller become faulty within a few months of ownership.

Their is no way this is acceptable for what we are charged in Australia $249 for. Keyboards these days are made with keys which manufacturers proudly state are rated at millions of keystrokes for each key giving the consumer a good few years of trouble free
    typing without having to continually return their product due to poor quality manufacturing.

Why does Microsoft clearly not rate their buttons (including their poor quality shoulder buttons which become faulty through normal use) for millions of clicks etc even though they claim these "Elite" controllers are the best your money can buy?

After going through 4 Elite controllers (2 original and now 2 Elite 2 controllers) I can tell you why and that's because they know they are going to fail and cannot live up to any type of claim of being rated for X amount of button presses. If I was skeptical
    I could possibly think this is actually done on purpose to keep profits rolling in on way overpriced hardware with high profit margins so it's actually in the companies best interest to have components that fail within a short amount of time.

And for anyone who thinks I have an issue with Microsoft and work for Sony nope, Sony's dualshocks gave me a lot of failures also which is why I changed to the Elite controller on my PC from being tired of returning dualshocks.

Please feel free to comment if you have had similar issues with your NEW and IMPROVED Elite 2 controller.

:)

admack1GO, Jul 1, 2020
  2. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Elite series 2 controller repair!

Very sorry to hear you had issues so soon after buying it. I really hope Microsoft honors refunds and repairs for this, and uses better quality manufacturing in the future for these. You can fill out the online form and send it in for repairs. To be honest,
    with all of the problems the Elite 2 has had since launch, I would be careful if you choose to stick with this controller. I have a regular controller that I customized through Xbox Design Labs and have been using it for years, and it's still working great.
  3. brandiesel1 Win User

Xbox One Elite Controller Headphone Jack Audio Quality

The overall performance of the Elite is better than the normal controller while it lasts. The problem is, it won't last long. The quality of the parts and the quality of the manufacturing is worse. I would say the headphone jack is exactly the same.
  4. Badger4life Win User

elite controller trash

I've run into the same issue with my Elite Series 2. I'm going with a Scuf controller next. I'll never buy another xbox elite controller, they're poorly manufactured controllers that cost almost $200.
  5. DEREZZINATOR Win User

When Will Microsoft have more Elite series 2 Controllers?

But my question is:

When will Quality Control improve for Elite Series 2 Controller?
  6. Osinted Win User

Fake xbox elite series controller?

Greetings,

I am , an Xbox Ambassador & Security Researcher & Player like you.

To verify if an Elite Controller is Real;

The Xbox Elite 2 lacks the silver strip on top of the controller and has a textured, rubberized grip instead of plastic handles.

Model number

The model number is on a printed label inside the battery compartment.

Serial number

The Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 has a 14-character serial number in the lower center on the back of the controller. You can register the serial number to check if it was manufactured in your country and is original.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. Xbox Elite 2 controller still has poor quality manufacturing... - Similar Threads - Elite controller still

2. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  3. Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10: Is there any way to configure an Xbox elite controller on Windows 10? The Xbox accessories app no longer works and tells me I need to update my Windows OS. My computer isn't eligible for an...
  4. Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...: was doing a controller firmware update when my controller disconnected from the charger causing the update to stop, leaving my Xbox home button flashing and controller unresponsive. Have changed...
  5. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  6. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  7. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  8. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  9. I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...

in XBoX on Windows
    I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...: In December of 2023 I purchased and elite 2 controller and by mid April 24 it was broken. The sticks drift and get stuck making it impossible to play. It was “repaired” under warranty. I received...
  10. I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...: I've had this pad since last December and now I'm start to get a major stick drift on the right analog stick. However I didn't purchase it directly from Microsoft/Xbox. What can I do. Can I get a...