Xbox Elite 2 Controller right thumb stick adding split screen to games (rocket league...

Discus and support Xbox Elite 2 Controller right thumb stick adding split screen to games (rocket league... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've been saving up for an elite 2 controller and was exited to finally see it at my doorstep and play some rocket league after not getting to play it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Bryson Brown, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Bryson Brown
    Bryson Brown Guest

Xbox Elite 2 Controller right thumb stick adding split screen to games (rocket league...

I've been saving up for an elite 2 controller and was exited to finally see it at my doorstep and play some rocket league after not getting to play it for a month and now I'm having a big problem. every time I click down on the right joystick it adds a split screen player and very frustrating because I use that button a lot. I've seen one other dude have the same problem but wasn't working for him either. I made sure controller and windows are up to date, (they were), and tried reverting the firmware and all that jazz and it's still not working. kind of a buzz kill so hopefully this can get solved pretty quickly.

:)

Bryson Brown, Jul 1, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Xbox Elite 2 Controller right thumb stick adding split screen to games (rocket league specifically)

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Bryson

May I know if you tried remapping your controller buttons and sticks using the accesories app?

Greetings from another Microsoft user!
  3. Whatasave Win User

Xbox Elite 2 Controller right thumb stick adding split screen to games (rocket league specifically)

I had the same issue with one of my two controllers. The controller with this issue was running the latest firmware, whereas the other controller that was working fine was running the older firmware.

After downgrading the firmware to 4.8.1908.0 both controllers now work as they should.

To downgrade, plug in controller via USB C into PC, hit Windows+R, and copy paste: xboxaccessories:\\firmwareupdate?legacyDowngrade=true
  4. Das Koop Win User

elite series 2

It took me a while to adjust, but now that I have, a regular Xbox controller doesn't feel right after spending a couple weeks with the Elite 2.

I'm using the middle thumb stick tension for both thumb sticks. For my right thumb stick I changed the settings from Default to Instant. I have the left thumb stick set to the middle tension as well with the settings at Smooth.
  5. Tomm_A Win User

2nd wired controller won't work in game.

Hello kyle _442,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you are having issues with the second controller when playing split screen of the game Rocket League using Epic Launcher. This happens to be an in-game specific issue and best address to the game developer support team. We can help you find the information on how to resolve your concern by searching official article provided by the support team or point you to the dedicated team to submit a ticket so that you can get the most accurate information on how to resolve your concern.

We have found the instruction on how to play Rocket League in split-screen on Epic Games Store. Here is the link and the steps:

Supported controllers:

• Xbox 360 Controller
    • Xbox One Controller
    Here are the steps:

1. Connect your controllers to your PC.
    2. Open the Epic Games Launcher.
    3. Launch Rocket League.
    4. Once in the Main Menu, Player 2 will press:
      • Xbox One Controller Menu button
    5. Player 2: Join the party.
    You can find the steps here: How do I play Rocket League in split-screen on Epic Games Store? - Rocket League Support

If the steps does not help resolve your concern, you can reach out the support directly by clicking on the contact us button found on the link provided above

We are positive that you’ll get more relevant information and best resolution to your concern.

Sincerely,

6. DFA1 Win User

Elite Series 2 Controller not working correctly on Android

I'm having the same issue. My elite 2 works fine even in the game pass app, I can use the thumb sticks to select a game, but when the game starts the thumb sticks and dpad stop working...

Other controllers work, just not the elite 2. It's not very elite it seems. Would love a fix for this!
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite 2 Controller right thumb stick adding split screen to games (rocket league... - Similar Threads - Elite Controller right

2. When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...: When my controller (Xbox Elite Series 2) is in hair-trigger mode and I push down and continue to push down it makes this weird squeaking noise. This does not happen with my left trigger. I have...
  3. Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?: Since customer support was unable to help me I figure I would try here before deciding whether or not to buy anymore Xbox hardware. I've had 2 Xbox elite 2 controllers stop working. Both had the...
  4. Elite Controller Series 2 right bumper inconsistency

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Series 2 right bumper inconsistency: To whoever reads this, I have had my elite controller series 2 for over a year now and I’ve had to already send it back once before for the same issue I’m currently experiencing, my right bumper...
  5. My Xbox elite controller paddles fall off on the right paddles

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox elite controller paddles fall off on the right paddles: My elite controller paddles fall off/wiggly when I put them on in the right side . 8d58380d-1f62-4b50-8fe9-e79ad39673e8
  6. My elite series 2 controller disconnects whenever I press the right analog stick

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller disconnects whenever I press the right analog stick: Hello I have recently purchased an Elite series 2 controller. I have had a elite series 2 in the pass and I have the same problem. Whenever I simply press down on the right anolag stick it just...
  7. Elite Controller gen 2 right bumper unresponsive again

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller gen 2 right bumper unresponsive again: This is the second gen 2 elite controller after having my first one have the exact same issue and needing to have it replaced. My right bumper has started to be more and more unresponsive, this...
  8. Elite Controller 2 Core - Right stick doesn't hold firmly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller 2 Core - Right stick doesn't hold firmly: Hi! I've just received my new sealed Elite Controller 2 Core and noticed the following defect: The right stick base is not magnetic at all. Left stick is holding okay, but the right one can be...
  9. Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click: Does anyone have a solution to stop the Elite Series 2 left stick controller's movement from disabling the right mouse click? I'm trying use the controller in my left hand and the mouse in my...
  10. elite 2 controller right trigger faulty sensitive

in XBoX on Consoles
    elite 2 controller right trigger faulty sensitive: hi there. so i bought my first elite 2 controller to use on my pc ,and i was so excited untill. im usualy play racing games , the problem is When i pull right trigger half the way , in test app ,...