Xbox Elite 2 controller, PC connection issues and firmware downgrade

Discus and support Xbox Elite 2 controller, PC connection issues and firmware downgrade in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I recently updated the firmware of my XBox Elite Series 2 controller that I use on my PC and now I am getting disconnection issues; every now and then... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Cintara, Jan 5, 2023.

1. /u/Cintara
    /u/Cintara Guest

I recently updated the firmware of my XBox Elite Series 2 controller that I use on my PC and now I am getting disconnection issues; every now and then it will disconnect for 5-10 seconds, then reconnect and obviously it destroys my game session.

After looking around I am beginning to realise this is a known issue, so I am wondering if there is a way to downgrade my controller to a previous version? If so, which version should I downgrade to?

submitted by /u/Cintara
    [link] [comments]

/u/Cintara, Jan 5, 2023
  2. Jh395 Win User

Can't update Xbox Elite 2 controller

Hello Kathy,

I am experiencing the same issues as Phoxu (as well as some other connection problems using Bluetooth). But as I merely got the Elite Controller to use with

my PC I don't have access to an XBOX to downgrade the firmware. The Xbox Accessories PC App isn't functioning properly as many other users are complaining already (and as I experience it too ). The issue is that I cannot update my controller using the app (nor downgrade ) so my big question is

: Is there another way (without access to an XBOX), using a PC, to update/downgrade the XBOX Elite Controller ? I'd be happy to use the Xbox Accessories App, if it was working, but since I can't I need something else.

Thanks in advance

Jannik
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Xbox one s Controller not being detected by any device.

Hi... I see...
    Joaquin please try checking for firmware updates in your PC using the accessories app and connect the controller.

If the issue persists try the opposite, downgrade the firmware.
    Use method 2:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Or if that doesn't work try downgrading the firmware in this way
    Connect the controller via USB then open Xbox Accessories App
    Once there press Windows key + R and paste the next command in the box:

xboxaccessories:\\firmwareupdate?legacyDowngrade=true

Hit Enter and now Xbox Accessories App will prompt a message and the firmware downgrade process is going to start
  4. PetarPerovic1 Win User

Xbox elite 2 controller bricked after update

Hi,

I have the same problem. I would appreciate option to downgrade firmware on PC because I do not own Xbox console, but when I open link using Xbox Accessories app I have no instructions to follow. Only usual screen with my Elite 2 controller loaded.

How do I start downgrade process?

Thanks.
  5. Whatasave Win User

Xbox Elite 2 Controller right thumb stick adding split screen to games (rocket league specifically)

I had the same issue with one of my two controllers. The controller with this issue was running the latest firmware, whereas the other controller that was working fine was running the older firmware.

After downgrading the firmware to 4.8.1908.0 both controllers now work as they should.

To downgrade, plug in controller via USB C into PC, hit Windows+R, and copy paste: xboxaccessories:\\firmwareupdate?legacyDowngrade=true
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Why did my mic stop working with my controllers?

I see, could be an issue with the latest firmware update.
    We can try to downgrade it in a different way, for this you need a Windows PC.

Use method 2 from this article:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

Or this other method:
    Connect the controller via USB then open Xbox Accessories App
    Once there press Windows key + R and paste the next command in the box:

xboxaccessories:\\firmwareupdate?legacyDowngrade=true

Hit Enter and now Xbox Accessories App will prompt a message and the firmware downgrade process is going to start
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite 2 controller, PC connection issues and firmware downgrade - Similar Threads - Elite controller connection

2. Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...: was doing a controller firmware update when my controller disconnected from the charger causing the update to stop, leaving my Xbox home button flashing and controller unresponsive. Have changed...
  3. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  4. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  5. Connect XBOX 1 Elite Controller Series 1 to Mac?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connect XBOX 1 Elite Controller Series 1 to Mac?: am under the impression that this controller does not support Bluetooth/wireless connections. Even if it does, my 2023 Mac M2 still does not recognize it (running the latest update). I have tried...
  6. Xbox Elite Controller is not connecting to PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller is not connecting to PC: Hello, I have an issue with my Xbox controller not connecting to my PC via USB. I have read a few different forums and nothing seems to work. mainly for 2 reasons, When I search Control Panel,...
  7. Xbox elite controller 2 connection errors

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller 2 connection errors: A couple of days ago my Xbox Elite Controller 2 didn´t respond when I tried to turn it on pressing the Xbox button. After connecting the USB cable it turned on and I was able to use it without...
  8. Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Unable to Connect to PC The Issue When wired in using the USB-C cable that came with the brand-new controller, the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 is not...
  9. my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.: I've stayed in the testing mode to check response and nothing is wrong. I've left it on test mode for 1 hour constantly pressing buttons. no problems. when I play rainbow seige or any games all...
  10. Please can anybody advise me on connecting my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller to my PC with USB?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please can anybody advise me on connecting my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller to my PC with USB?: I am unable to connect my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller to my PC via USB. I can connect it with Bluetooth, but I can't configure it in the Xbox Accessories app in Windows 11 23H2 this way or even...