XBOX Elite 2 Controller Drift Issues

Discus and support XBOX Elite 2 Controller Drift Issues in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; What could go wrong with getting an Elite 2 controller? Let me tell you. I used to be an exclusive console gamer since I didn't have the money or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by brycemelange, Oct 10, 2020.

1. brycemelange
    brycemelange Guest

What could go wrong with getting an Elite 2 controller?

Let me tell you.

I used to be an exclusive console gamer since I didn't have the money or interest to build my own PC. Now, out of school with my first PC built, I thought what better than the best controller out there? Surely Microsoft wouldn't charge me nearly $200 for
    a glorified paper weight....right?

Well, here I am, trying to play A MICROSOFT XBOX GAME on my PC, and I have to borrow my friend's controller. Could I go buy another XBOX controller for $50 that would almost certainly be better than this thing? Yes. Will I? No.

I refuse to support a company that charges $200 for something as basic as a controller that doesn't function. If you're going to do this, where's the customer support? Instead, the only option I have is to click to the end of an auto-prompt questionnaire,
    only to be asked to pay another $99 to fix this stupid thing. Seriously?! It's not like the bluetooth experience (jitters, constant disconnecting) gave me any sort of value-added for the extra price.

As a loyal customer for the last 20 years (literally saved my babysitting money for over a year to get the first XBOX and spent thousands over my life), the lack of customer support is horrendous. Apparently Microsoft decided that customer support isn't
    important for the XBOX community, so instead I'll take this chance to tell ALL of my family, friends, and gaming cohorts to look at a Playstation or Nintendo the next time they're considering a purchase. Regardless, any gaming hardware that comes up with a
    Microsoft endorsement will be getting a no from me.

:)

brycemelange, Oct 10, 2020
  2. Blueheart14 Win User

Elite controller stick drift

The problem is not just the on elite 2 controllers its a issue with all controllers that use the PDP program because i have 3 afterglow controllers that have problems with joy stick drift i also have 2 power A controllers that have problems with joy stick
    drift as well and my brother has an elite 2 series controller that also has the same problem
  3. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Drift with Elite controllers

I have two original elite controllers and one pf the new elite 2 controllers that I got my son for Christmas. They all have drift issues with the left sticks. I hd thought it would be addressed with the new version, but I guess not. Please help
    make this right.
    Unfortunately, stick drift seems all too common in this current generation on Xbox, on PS4, and even on Switch. I wonder if it's because so many games use the sticks at buttons as well, which is leading to extra pressure being exerted? I've lost many controllers
    to stick drift, and looking at the forums and reddit, a lot of people are complaining about stick drift issues from day one with the Elite series 2. Fingers crossed that Xbox can address the issue for everybody affected by it.
  4. Biggshow Win User

Complete garbage Xbox 1 controllers

Most of my Xbox controllers (original - not elite) were pretty good. Found them to be a decent quality. My first Elite was an issue for me. And of course the most expensive. 5 days after warranty I had a major stick drift issue on the left and right. My
    elite 2 seems to be working perfectly fine though. No issue as of yet.
  5. BobHun87 Win User

Xbox Elite Controller thumbstick drift

same.

my 1st elite: crash gumi grips. send back to service, but i buy a new one for this 2 week. Try this new: right stick drift to right...

ok, my 1st elite came back, try this. left stick drift to right (fresh new controller from ms service)

ok i sent back this 2 broken Elites.

1-2 week done, get 2 new fresh Elites... tested... both new Elite's (my 3rd and 4th) left sticks drift to right...

my last 5 Elites broken, 3 fresh from Xbox Support. Thats a big joke.
  6. ruger280 Win User

controller drift

That is strange. I've only ever had stick drift on my old 360 controllers. I don't know if the standard Xbox one controllers have it, but the Xbox Elite controller sticks can be adjusted to have dead zones to avoid drift. Check in the Xbox Accessories
    app if you can adjust it for normal controllers.
    Have my elite controller set up and still drifts. Can't do standard controller. Did notice they drift worse on any COD.
Thema:

1. XBOX Elite 2 Controller Drift Issues - Similar Threads - Elite Controller Drift

2. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  3. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  4. Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking: I've been through 3 of these elite controllers now over the last 2 weeks. First one I bought was the "elite 2 core" And that came with stick drift on both right and left I then got a replacement...
  5. Stick drift in elite series 2 controllers.

in XBoX on Windows
    Stick drift in elite series 2 controllers.: Is there an easy way to fix this without tearing the controller apart? I have both the series 2 and series 2 core controllers and I have stick drift on the right stick. I notice it in a lot of...
  6. Repair services for my xbox elite controller 2, Left thumbstick has stick drift and is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Repair services for my xbox elite controller 2, Left thumbstick has stick drift and is...: Have gone to this page https://account.microsoft.com/devices/device?, registered my device, xbox elite controller series 2, and then pressed the Start order [img] I have put in that the left...
  7. Xbox Elite Controller 2 - Stick Drift & Button Problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller 2 - Stick Drift & Button Problems: Hi there, I am currently experiencing some problems with my Xbox Elite Controller 2. The current problems I am facing are: - Horrible stick drift on both thumb sticks, even with dead zones...
  8. bc Can I repair my Xbox elite 2 controller. (Left stick drift, and bumpers dont read inputs)

in XBoX on Consoles
    bc Can I repair my Xbox elite 2 controller. (Left stick drift, and bumpers dont read inputs): I would like to send it in from Canada and just have them replace or permanently repair both components. How can I do so? dc1ddab5-b268-4241-abfa-9d4590db96e0
  9. Elite controller joystick drifting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller joystick drifting: Hello My handle has drifting problem and I cleaned it with 70% alcohol, but it didn't have any effect Should the joystick be changed? And do you have a representative inside Iran?...
  10. Does every Elite Series 2 controller have mild stick drift by default? I've been through 4...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does every Elite Series 2 controller have mild stick drift by default? I've been through 4...: The Elite Series 2 has been a nightmare for me honestly. The first I bought had the RB broken after a year, so I sent it in under warranty. The replacement came back with mild stick drift (assumed...