Xbox drift issue

Discus and support Xbox drift issue in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I’m having a drift issue with my console. Whenever I’m in a game I have no issues at all. Once I go to my home page or pull up my hub, it drifts very... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Verified ✅7, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Xbox drift issue

I’m having a drift issue with my console. Whenever I’m in a game I have no issues at all. Once I go to my home page or pull up my hub, it drifts very fast to the right. I’ve tried multiple controllers, I’ve tried a hard reset and power cycle, I’m not too sure what else I could do to fix this issue.

:)

Verified ✅7, Mar 18, 2023
  2. jfrawls Win User

Xbox One Controller, left stick faulting!!!

I have two controllers BOTH with drift issues. The one left thumb-stick drifts upwards and the other one has a right thumb-stick drift issue that drifts upward.

Like what the heck am I suppose to do. #SMH
  3. Rostom L Win User

Xbox drift issue

Hi there!

Since it happens to multiple controllers, the issue must be with your console system.

Are you able to navigate through the settings? Try to factory reset it. You may connect your controller using a USB cable instead.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    Select Reset console.
    On the Reset your console? Please choose “Reset and keep my games & apps”

If it's not possible, let's do it manually.

Check to see if you can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter:

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the mains lead to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the mains lead back in.
    3. Press and hold the Pair button and the Eject button on the console, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

Note The Xbox Series S and the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition do not have Eject buttons. You can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on this console by holding only the Pair button (steps 3 and 4) and then pressing the Xbox button.

4. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter.

There's an option to reset your Xbox.
  4. Albert X Win User

Controller left stick off-center

If the controller has a drifting issue then you will have to wait for the replacement. There really is no fix for drifting issues that I know of.
  5. Mahad7093 Win User

Controller

I have the save issued because xbox controller have drift
  6. Big Boy JOKA Win User

Xbox Series X System Clock Time Drift Causes Games to Run 5% Slower

Exact same issue, two Xbox Series X units. One with time drift issues of 2 min over 6 hours but this will cause apps to be unable to launch until a system reboot. That being said if you are in a long play session the app you are currently in will still work without issue.

Xbox should be aware of the time drift issue.
Thema:

Xbox drift issue

1. Xbox drift issue - Similar Threads - drift issue

2. Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...: Yes dear Microsoft I’m having really bad issues with my Xbox controller having stick drift on Fortnite I’ve done shut auto run off and it still wants do this I’m on disability and can’t afford...
  3. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  4. Analog stick drift on Design Lab controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Analog stick drift on Design Lab controller: The controller sometimes doesn't register any upwards movements, or just gets stuck between up and down on the left analog stick. After looking up the issue, it appears that many other people have...
  5. How can double inputs and stick drift independent of controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can double inputs and stick drift independent of controller?: Fairly recently, I've had terrible upward drift on my right stick. It shows up even in the recalibration menu, but after recalibrating it still persists. I thought it was a controller issue, but...
  6. Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking: I've been through 3 of these elite controllers now over the last 2 weeks. First one I bought was the "elite 2 core" And that came with stick drift on both right and left I then got a replacement...
  7. Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...: So last August (08 2023) I signed up for a Gamepass Ultimate Subscription (2 years) under the All Access subscription to get a Series X console. Anyways everything has been great until this past...
  8. I have been having an issue with stick drift in my Xbox series X/S ( Shock Blue controller)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have been having an issue with stick drift in my Xbox series X/S ( Shock Blue controller): I have been having bad luck when it comes to Xbox controllers and stick drift. I have updated them to the current firmware, I have used them sparingly, as to not ruin the controller. My left...
  9. When is Microsoft going to sort out the drift issue on the Xbox One and X Series consoles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Microsoft going to sort out the drift issue on the Xbox One and X Series consoles?: Or is the customer having to fork out £50+ every 18 months for a controller that actually allows the player to control their character part of their business plan? I had to buy a new controller...
  10. Controller no longer under warranty how much would it cost to fix stick drift issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Controller no longer under warranty how much would it cost to fix stick drift issue: Stick drift issue has anyone had there controller fixed by Microsoft when it’s no longer under warranty and how much did this cost 7816b4ab-e046-4611-a39a-07945b5efd5d