XBOX doesnt respond to the A button. It shows on the screen it is but then the action isn't...

Discus and support XBOX doesnt respond to the A button. It shows on the screen it is but then the action isn't... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We have tried everything. Updating control software, powering off etc. The screen will show the A button working but the console is not responding to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Steelcrew, Jan 6, 2023.

1. Steelcrew
    Steelcrew Guest

XBOX doesnt respond to the A button. It shows on the screen it is but then the action isn't...

We have tried everything. Updating control software, powering off etc. The screen will show the A button working but the console is not responding to the action requested. It started happening just on the home screens now it is happening during the game. All the other buttons are working. We don't believe it's the controller because it is happening with other controllers. The console is an Xbox series X two weeks old.

:)

Steelcrew, Jan 6, 2023
  2. Steelcrew Win User

XBOX doesnt respond to the A button. It shows on the screen it is but then the action isn't performed.

We tried both of these steps and the problem still arises. This is very frustrating. Do you have another possible solution. It only occurs with the A button and it has happened with numerous controllers. Thanks
  3. Francia J. Win User

XBOX doesnt respond to the A button. It shows on the screen it is but then the action isn't performed.

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Make sure to follow the steps accordingly to access it:

"1. Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

2. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

3. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

4. Press and hold the Pair button and the Eject button, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

5. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

6. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone."

When the console powers up, you will see the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. Please click on "Reset this Xbox" then "Reset and keep my games and apps".
  4. Steelcrew Win User

Thank you very much for your assistance. It appears that your troubleshooting has worked.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Sorry for the trouble. If this is happening with multiple controllers the issue can be with the console.

Do you have third-party accessories plugged into your console? A third-party headset, external hard drive, or mouse and keyboard? If yes, kindly unplug them and then perform a powercycle on your console before attempting to use the A button again.

Please keep the accessories unplugged.

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  6. Ali Alsabbagh Win User

Home button doesnt respond

I tried to do this but unfortunately it didnt help
Thema:

1. XBOX doesnt respond to the A button. It shows on the screen it is but then the action isn't... - Similar Threads - doesnt respond button

2. Why doesnt my xbox activity feed show when ive added someone anymore?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesnt my xbox activity feed show when ive added someone anymore?: Up until around 3 years ago, if you went on someone’s activity feed if they had added someone, it would say. I would like to know when ive added people so i would normally check the activity feed...
  3. party chat doesnt work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    party chat doesnt work: I can not leave game chat on my xbox but the thing is game chat isnt even working anybody know whats happening 5116bb25-f056-4698-9188-b75c92023764
  4. My avatar doesnt show on my xbox profile no matter what i do

in XBoX on Windows
    My avatar doesnt show on my xbox profile no matter what i do: ive selected and unselected, switched to original and back again but for 3 weeks it doesnt show - it showed fine prior to that?? help 0dcccf79-835a-47ec-b55d-42b97db0e054
  5. Auto hdr used to work now it doesnt

in XBoX on Consoles
    Auto hdr used to work now it doesnt: So before it was automatically on and that worked but then i went thru all my settings to turn on 120 fps om 1080 and i didn’t like how it looked so i went back and undid all the changes but now...
  6. My Xbox is acting up and doesnt want to respond or load

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox is acting up and doesnt want to respond or load: Im having trouble with my Xbox; Games and apps all work completely fine but the gist is that the menus take too long to load in with also saying “loading game” Also outside theres apps and other...
  7. How can I retrieve my account if it was locked and microsoft doesnt respond to my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I retrieve my account if it was locked and microsoft doesnt respond to my...: It has been months since I've tried to retrieve my account, and so I've done alot of reinstatement form and I got no reponse, how can I retrieve my account? c506e6b9-4a35-4085-b13d-8db00d3fd8e9
  8. Home button doesnt respond

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Home button doesnt respond: I bought a New xbox series s consol and it came with a New controller the problem is that the xbox button 10 times doesnt work and 1 time work when i try to power on the consol using the...
  9. My Minecraft Java doesnt respond

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Minecraft Java doesnt respond: I bought Minecraft just yesterday and i have no problem playing Bedrock ED, but as soon as I try to open Java edition, it doesnt let me. It keeps saying "OpenJDK platfrom binary doesnt respond"...
  10. Downloaded the last update yesterday and Now the Xbox One doesnt respond.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Downloaded the last update yesterday and Now the Xbox One doesnt respond.: "I received an error code E105 00000000 800700 Xbox site was no help, have tried everything, swapping cables, HDMI ports on the TV to change up the Source, some time I get the green screen of...