Xbox doesn't recognize that it has an Ethernet cable plugged into it

Discus and support Xbox doesn't recognize that it has an Ethernet cable plugged into it in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I'm trying to connect my xbox to the internet in my dorm. I'd like to use the wired connection since the wifi is spotty at times. I tried to plug my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RainOfAsh, Jan 5, 2014.

1. RainOfAsh
    RainOfAsh Guest

So I'm trying to connect my xbox to the internet in my dorm. I'd like to use the wired connection since the wifi is spotty at times. I tried to plug my ethernet cable into the port in the wall and the the xbox but when I clicked on connect, the xbox told
    me that it wasn't connected to an ethernet cable. Any suggestions?

:)

RainOfAsh, Jan 5, 2014
  2. Xbox will not recognize ethernet cable

My xbox will not recognize my ethernet cable being plugged into it. Cable works fine, have already tested it with my computer and modem. Problem might be ethernet port related? Any help or suggestions will be helpful. Thanks.

Willystyle247, Jan 5, 2014
  3. XKCD423
    XKCD423 Guest
    Console Not Recognizing Ethernet Cable

Title. Console has been in the same set-up for three months, no problems until this morning, when the console decided not to recognize the Ethernet cable that has been plugged into it for those three months. Not an issue of 'can't connect to the internet
    through this cable', but rather, the console doesn't recognize that there is a cable plugged in at all.

I've tried a hard reset, unplugging the cable from both the console and the wall, and unplugging everything and re-plugging it back in. No dice. Nothing I know has changed from yesterday, when it was working perfectly.

XKCD423, Jan 5, 2014
  4. ProperSkate203 Win User

upload packet loss

x1 will not recognize Ethernet cable plugged in
  5. Mister Gwyther Win User

Can't Connect

So your Xbox is not recognizing the ethernet cable plugged into it? Have you tried a different ethernet cable? If you connect another device (laptop, etc) to this cable, does it work?
  6. V 1 2 B Win User

Connecting to windows 10 pc

I plug an ethernet cable from the xbox to a my modem (it has 4 lan ethernet ports), then ethernet from my modem to my pc. No joy.
  7. SaintAvalon Win User

Ethernet cable not recognized

Actually can you test another wire and port first? This could potentially fix the issue and report back if this helps.
  8. VibroPlex Win User

Ethernet Cable Not Recognized.

Thema:

1. Xbox doesn't recognize that it has an Ethernet cable plugged into it - Similar Threads - doesn't recognize has

2. My Xbox 360 doesn't recognize my Xbox email

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox 360 doesn't recognize my Xbox email: Recently I ended up foolishly deleting my main profile on my xbox 360. So I tried to download my account back onto the xbox 360. Problem is that when I put in the email that I use for my...
  3. Series X doesn't recognize 120hz tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X doesn't recognize 120hz tv: I just bought the new Hisense 75U7H and the series X won't recognize that it's capable of 120hz @4k. I'm using the stock hdmi cable and a rocket fish 8k hdmi 2.1 cable in the correct ports and...
  4. My Xbox controller doesn't recognize me pressing up on the L stick how do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller doesn't recognize me pressing up on the L stick how do I fix this?: My Xbox one controller has stopped recognizing when I press up on the L stick. How do I fix it? 0fcc77d9-5b02-4f33-a4ed-c3f040874103
  5. Xbox accessories doesn't recognize my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories doesn't recognize my controller: Xbox accessories doesn't show my controller on windows 11 it's connected through mirco USB i updated the driver, used another USB cable updated windows. Tried the controller on my old windows 8.1...
  6. Xbox series S doesn't recognize headset/headphone.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series S doesn't recognize headset/headphone.: Hello. I've been using a Series S console for a month, I have two original controllers. I did the steps to completely restart the console, the controls are up to date, I tested 3 different...
  7. Left joystick on Xbox Elite Series 2 controller doesn't recognize that I push it all the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Left joystick on Xbox Elite Series 2 controller doesn't recognize that I push it all the...: When I'm in a game like Elden Ring, whenever I push the joystick forward, I'll just walk for anywhere between 2 - 10 seconds before it registers that I'm trying to run. My controller is out of...
  8. Xbox App seems to recognize but doesn't accept external hard drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox App seems to recognize but doesn't accept external hard drive?: Hello everyone! I bought a new external hard drive (HDD) for storing games. It works perfectly fine with other launchers, I've already installed some games. The XBox app for PC (W10), however,...
  9. Thrustmaster T150 doesn't get recognized in Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX on Consoles
    Thrustmaster T150 doesn't get recognized in Forza Horizon 5: So I have Forza Horizon 5 on Microsoft Store. I have installed the drivers and firmware of T150, and it's all up to date. When I go into Control Settings in Forza Horizon 5 and I try to set up my...
  10. My PC has no issue recognizing my Xbox One controller via bluetooth but it doesn't work on...

in XBoX on Windows
    My PC has no issue recognizing my Xbox One controller via bluetooth but it doesn't work on...: Before you ask, its the more recent model of the controller that includes the 3.5mm headphone jack. I can press the xbox home button on the controller and it will make the Xbox interface on my PC...