Xbox doesn't recognize that it has an Ethernet cable plugged into it

Discus and support Xbox doesn't recognize that it has an Ethernet cable plugged into it in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I'm trying to connect my xbox to the internet in my dorm. I'd like to use the wired connection since the wifi is spotty at times. I tried to plug my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RainOfAsh, Jan 5, 2014.

1. RainOfAsh
    RainOfAsh Guest

So I'm trying to connect my xbox to the internet in my dorm. I'd like to use the wired connection since the wifi is spotty at times. I tried to plug my ethernet cable into the port in the wall and the the xbox but when I clicked on connect, the xbox told
    me that it wasn't connected to an ethernet cable. Any suggestions?

:)

RainOfAsh, Jan 5, 2014
  2. Xbox will not recognize ethernet cable

My xbox will not recognize my ethernet cable being plugged into it. Cable works fine, have already tested it with my computer and modem. Problem might be ethernet port related? Any help or suggestions will be helpful. Thanks.

Willystyle247, Jan 5, 2014
  3. XKCD423
    XKCD423 Guest
    Console Not Recognizing Ethernet Cable

Title. Console has been in the same set-up for three months, no problems until this morning, when the console decided not to recognize the Ethernet cable that has been plugged into it for those three months. Not an issue of 'can't connect to the internet
    through this cable', but rather, the console doesn't recognize that there is a cable plugged in at all.

I've tried a hard reset, unplugging the cable from both the console and the wall, and unplugging everything and re-plugging it back in. No dice. Nothing I know has changed from yesterday, when it was working perfectly.

XKCD423, Jan 5, 2014
  4. ProperSkate203 Win User

upload packet loss

x1 will not recognize Ethernet cable plugged in
  5. Mister Gwyther Win User

Can't Connect

So your Xbox is not recognizing the ethernet cable plugged into it? Have you tried a different ethernet cable? If you connect another device (laptop, etc) to this cable, does it work?
  6. SaintAvalon Win User

Ethernet cable not recognized

Actually can you test another wire and port first? This could potentially fix the issue and report back if this helps.
  7. VibroPlex Win User

Ethernet Cable Not Recognized.

8. VibroPlex Win User

Ethernet Cable Not Recognized.

Jaska, appreciate your taking the bull by the horns and doing the troubleshooting you've done so far.

Is the cable a known good cable? Has it worked on a PC or other device?

If so, then try another port on your modem or router.

If that does not help, then unplug the ethernet cable from the back of the Xbox, get a flashlight, and look for bent or misaligned pins in the Ethernet socket; there should be eight pins, angled back about 30 degrees.

Should that all fail, then contact Xbox Customer Support and ask for a Hardware Agent.
Thema:

1. Xbox doesn't recognize that it has an Ethernet cable plugged into it - Similar Threads - doesn't recognize has

2. My keyboard doesn't work on minecraft bedrock on windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    My keyboard doesn't work on minecraft bedrock on windows 10: It doesn't search on xbox and search bar either 385e9ce1-294e-4976-bfe9-6256c1cc3c49
  3. XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0: Hi there! I'm having some troubles with my XBOX Series S while trying to configure an external hard drive. According to the console, the device isn't fast enough to work as an external storage. It...
  4. Only in wireless mode the xbox one controller doesn't recognize my aux headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only in wireless mode the xbox one controller doesn't recognize my aux headset: Hello, i bought a new xbox one controller today for my Windows PC. But when i use it wireless the audio doesn't recognize the xbox, so the headset doesn't get recognized. When i connect it with...
  5. I have an xbox one s but my console recognizes it as an xbox one and doesn't allow me to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an xbox one s but my console recognizes it as an xbox one and doesn't allow me to...: Hello! I currently have a xbox one S purchased in 2017, however when I tried to install EA FC 24 for the Xbox X/S, it wouldn't let me install it and said It wasn't compatible with my device. It...
  6. Xbox One X Doesn't Recognize Certain Disks!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Doesn't Recognize Certain Disks!: So I just got the Drak Souls Trilogy for my birthday and I went home to install it. Only Dark Souls 3 is recognized. 1 and 2 just simply aren't read. This has happened before when I bought Sekiro,...
  7. Why doesn't the mojang website recognize that I have minecraft bedrock for the PS4?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn't the mojang website recognize that I have minecraft bedrock for the PS4?: So, I am trying to get minecraft Bedrock edition for the PC, and I understand that if you already have a copy of bedrock, that you can simply download it for windows 10. however it seems that the...
  8. My xbox series x doesn't recognize xbox360 discs anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox series x doesn't recognize xbox360 discs anymore: It started 3 months ago I've tried shutting down my xbox formatting it using a different 360 disc nothing worked it doesn't even say its scratched/dirty it straight up doesn't even recognize the...
  9. My series x doesn't recognize my 4k tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x doesn't recognize my 4k tv: So I bought a brand new 75 inch 4k philips tv model 75PUL7552/F7. I have a Playstation 5 which displays in 4k ,hdr, all of it. But my series x wont switch from 1080p. Says the tv doesn't support...
  10. My Xbox one X doesn't recognize my DTS/Atmos license. I have both. I don't want to believe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one X doesn't recognize my DTS/Atmos license. I have both. I don't want to believe...: My Xbox one X doesn't recognize my DTS/Atmos license. I have both. I don't want to believe I have to purchase them again. 9e725e6a-03a2-45cc-b77d-0b4f98b36d3c