Xbox doesn't consistently turn on/off TV with automatic power set

Discus and support Xbox doesn't consistently turn on/off TV with automatic power set in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I use the ARC HDMI port on my TV so that my Xbox can automatically turn on or off my television. However, the feature does not work consistently for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tim Coxey, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Tim Coxey
    Tim Coxey Guest

I use the ARC HDMI port on my TV so that my Xbox can automatically turn on or off my television. However, the feature does not work consistently for me. Most times, my Xbox doesn't turn on/off the TV. What can I do to make sure it is a consistent experience?
    I've tried connecting/reconnecting all cords and resetting my Xbox. Not sure what else to do.

:)

Tim Coxey, Sep 17, 2020
  2. dempup Win User

Hi Tim.

Thank you for reaching out the the forum. Have you tried to connect the Xbox to another HDMI input on your TV or even another TV. And is everything else working on the TV ?
  3. Patriot Unknown Win User

External Hard drive recommendations that turns off completely while in instant on

to be clear the settings are

Power Mode Instant On

Automatically download updates and purchases turned on

when Xbox is off, turn off storage is on

on start go to tv and wake up xbox by saying xbox on are both off.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox One X won't turn on Vizio E70-F3

Hi Ianc3,

It seems the IR blaster in the Xbox that sends the signal to your TV is either being blocked or its not being detected by the TV. We may need to toggle your device power options, fully reboot your Xbox, and then set up the power settings again.

First go to Settings>Power & Startup>Power Mode and Startup>TV & A/V power options. In the row that says TV you will see the two options to turn on your TV when the Xbox turns on and the same when it turns off. If both settings are set to ON, switch them
    to OFF, then hold down the power button on your console until the console turns off. Unplug the power cord for 5 minutes, turn it on, and go back into your settings and change the power options for your TV to ON. Then go ahead and turn off your Xbox to see
    if it turns off your TV as well. Then turn on the Xbox to see if the signal gets received by your TV to turn it on.

If that doesn't help then you may need to set up your TV again from the TV & OneGuide section.

Let us know the results!
  5. Ackis Win User

X box one x broblem

There's an option for the Xbox to automatically turn on/off the TV when it's turned on/off.

Take a look here:

https://pureinfotech.com/setup-xbox-one-automatically-turn-on-tv-audio-receiver/

It's under Settings -> All Settings -> TV & OneGuide -> Device Control.
  6. holowun Win User

having issues with HDMI-CEC

Xbox>receiver>TV

Settings to turn on and off both receiver and TV when Xbox turned on or off accordingly.

Haven't changed settings since I initially set it up, about a year or so ago.

Only thing that changed was the 24 hour power outage. Got power back on, and now this doesn't work.
Thema:

1. Xbox doesn't consistently turn on/off TV with automatic power set - Similar Threads - doesn't consistently turn

2. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  3. My xbox doesn't have color filters

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox doesn't have color filters: So just got a xbox one S and I am trying to use the color filter but when I got to Accessibility it doesn't show color filters? b9666985-b9e9-45c2-9e97-1bf72ec46c3f
  4. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  5. I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work: So my Mobile Hotspot will connect to my Xbox.And when I say test internet connection, it says can't connect to the internet.I says you need to work on your internet service provider to fix your...
  6. Xbox One doesn't turn on but makes faint turn on beep noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One doesn't turn on but makes faint turn on beep noise: My Xbox One wouldn't turn on however it would make a very quiet 'beep' turn on sound when I would try to switch it on however the xbox symbol would not light up. Recently however it doesn't even...
  7. Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox?: Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox? a7fb3d03-9704-4297-a118-761e51fe8ed9
  8. Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.: Hi everyone. I really needs some help. I have an Xbox Series X, two hand controllers and one Thrustmaster TMX wheel and pedals. The Xbox and controllers are up to date and so is the driver for...
  9. Xbox 360 doesn't connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 doesn't connect to internet: My xbox 360 will won't connect to the internet but does to my router. This also appears to happen everytime I use an xbox live account where internet features still work on other accounts that...
  10. My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.: Not sure how much more descriptive I can be. And before you say to use the sync buttons, guess what? The one on my Xbox doesn't work, so that won't be a useful piece of advice. Already tried the...