Xbox does not turn off

Discus and support Xbox does not turn off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Lately, for some weird reason, my Xbox does not turn off when I try to turn it off. I won't be downloading anything, nor have the console do anything... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Raian93, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Raian93
    Raian93 Guest

Xbox does not turn off

Lately, for some weird reason, my Xbox does not turn off when I try to turn it off. I won't be downloading anything, nor have the console do anything else online, but it does not turn off. I've turned it "off" and come back hours later to see that the console
    is still in standby (the power button is blinking and the powerbrick is still green). The only way I can turn it off now is if I hold the power button on the front of the console until it finally turns off.

Help?

:)

Raian93, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Son ALA
    Son ALA Guest
    Console does not turn off...

Would you happen to have anything connected via USB?

This should normally happen if you have a controller charging... and probably a headset too.

Son ALA, Jan 4, 2014
  3. TroHAM
    TroHAM Guest
    Console does not turn off...

Are you sure there isn't any downloads going on in the background? It usually takes a little while for the xbox to turn completely off. It syncronises data with the cloud etc, but if you have started a download, it might go on for quite a while. You will
    then see the green light in the front flashing once every few seconds. It's supposed to be that way, and no reason for concernXbox does not turn off :)

TroHAM, Jan 4, 2014
  4. Xbox does not turn off

the same thing happened to me it probably means that your xbox is under stress and is trying to cool itself off what i suggest is to delete games that take up a lot of memory.

CleverJoey60943, Jan 5, 2014
  5. Raian93
    Raian93 Guest
    Okay, sounds good.

I do have quite a few games on the hard-drive (only have ~20GB left from 120GB). Thanks!

Raian93, Jan 6, 2014
  6. Raian93
    Raian93 Guest
    Still doesn't work Xbox does not turn off :(

I think it may have something to do with the cloud saves since everytime I start up a game, it will say "syncing cloud saves". It's never done that before.

Raian93, Jan 7, 2014
  7. Tr0llChief
    Tr0llChief Guest
    Just turn cloud saves off and see what will happen next when you will try turn off console.Maybe that will help you to get rid of this.

Tr0llChief, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Tr0llChief Win User

Xbox does not turn off

Just turn cloud saves off and see what will happen next when you will try turn off console.Maybe that will help you to get rid of this.
  9. Raian93 Win User

Xbox does not turn off

Okay, sounds good.

I do have quite a few games on the hard-drive (only have ~20GB left from 120GB). Thanks!
  10. CleverJoey60943 Win User

Xbox does not turn off

the same thing happened to me it probably means that your xbox is under stress and is trying to cool itself off what i suggest is to delete games that take up a lot of memory.
  11. Raian93 Win User

Xbox does not turn off

Still doesn't work :(

I think it may have something to do with the cloud saves since everytime I start up a game, it will say "syncing cloud saves". It's never done that before.
  12. LegoNinja187 Win User

My xbox keeps turning off

Does the Xbox give any error messages or anything like that upon boot up?

Does it just turn off as if you had turned it off yourself or does it show an error message or anything before turning off?
Thema:

Xbox does not turn off

1. Xbox does not turn off - Similar Threads - does turn off

2. Xbox wireless controller LED Light does not turn off on PC!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless controller LED Light does not turn off on PC!!!: I cannot turn of the Led or set darker. There is no settings in PC for wirelles controller. I tape the x literally. PLEASE Give pc update so PC gamers can change the brightness for xbox wirelles...
  3. Why does my Xbox turn off immediately after opening the troubleshooting menu?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox turn off immediately after opening the troubleshooting menu?: I have a Series S console. For some reason it won’t update online, so I have to perform offline system updates. Every other function online works, but there’s always an issue updating it. This...
  4. Does anyone else find the xbox series s/x menu sounds should be able to be turned off

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone else find the xbox series s/x menu sounds should be able to be turned off: I feel like this should be an option considering it was on xbox 360 submitted by /u/Alternative-Cash-301 [link] [comments]
  5. My Xbox blinks when I turn it off what does that mean

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox blinks when I turn it off what does that mean: I’m using a serise s submitted by /u/CrypticalChain7 [link] [comments]
  6. System update to prevent Xbox turning off while playing nba 2k22 on Xbox series x does not work

in XboX Insiders
    System update to prevent Xbox turning off while playing nba 2k22 on Xbox series x does not work: I am in the Gamma phase and received an update to fix this. The issue is still occurring, just not as often. submitted by /u/External_Nothing576 [link] [comments]
  7. Why does my Series X randomly turn off when playing games

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my Series X randomly turn off when playing games: My Xbox randomly turns off when I play nba2k22. I don’t have anything in the setting for it to do this and it’ll do it even when I’m just idle in the game. It has done this with Cold War and...
  8. On Xbox Series X/S, does turning off the "other devices can turn console off" setting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox Series X/S, does turning off the "other devices can turn console off" setting...: I previously had a problem where turning off my Xbox One S would turn off the TV, which would turn off my Series S, due CEC settings working through HDMI for the new consoles instead of IR signals...
  9. Why does my Samsung universal remote turn off my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Samsung universal remote turn off my Xbox?: I have multiple TVs in my basement, and when I turn on my Samsung TVs it turns off my Xbox, and I don’t know how I’d fix it, because my Xbox is plugged into a monitor not the Samsung tv....
  10. Does anyone know how to get Warzone To stop crashing in freezing and turn it off the whole...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know how to get Warzone To stop crashing in freezing and turn it off the whole...: Warzone Keep freezing and crashing my Xbox series X I tried everything that Activision have online and everything that Microsoft had online nothing is working do anybody have a solution...