Xbox does not turn off

Discus and support Xbox does not turn off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Lately, for some weird reason, my Xbox does not turn off when I try to turn it off. I won't be downloading anything, nor have the console do anything... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Raian93, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Raian93
    Raian93 Guest

Xbox does not turn off

Lately, for some weird reason, my Xbox does not turn off when I try to turn it off. I won't be downloading anything, nor have the console do anything else online, but it does not turn off. I've turned it "off" and come back hours later to see that the console
    is still in standby (the power button is blinking and the powerbrick is still green). The only way I can turn it off now is if I hold the power button on the front of the console until it finally turns off.

Help?

:)

Raian93, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Son ALA
    Son ALA Guest
    Console does not turn off...

Would you happen to have anything connected via USB?

This should normally happen if you have a controller charging... and probably a headset too.

Son ALA, Jan 4, 2014
  3. TroHAM
    TroHAM Guest
    Console does not turn off...

Are you sure there isn't any downloads going on in the background? It usually takes a little while for the xbox to turn completely off. It syncronises data with the cloud etc, but if you have started a download, it might go on for quite a while. You will
    then see the green light in the front flashing once every few seconds. It's supposed to be that way, and no reason for concernXbox does not turn off :)

TroHAM, Jan 4, 2014
  4. Xbox does not turn off

the same thing happened to me it probably means that your xbox is under stress and is trying to cool itself off what i suggest is to delete games that take up a lot of memory.

CleverJoey60943, Jan 5, 2014
  5. Raian93
    Raian93 Guest
    Okay, sounds good.

I do have quite a few games on the hard-drive (only have ~20GB left from 120GB). Thanks!

Raian93, Jan 6, 2014
  6. Raian93
    Raian93 Guest
    Still doesn't work Xbox does not turn off :(

I think it may have something to do with the cloud saves since everytime I start up a game, it will say "syncing cloud saves". It's never done that before.

Raian93, Jan 7, 2014
  7. Tr0llChief
    Tr0llChief Guest
    Just turn cloud saves off and see what will happen next when you will try turn off console.Maybe that will help you to get rid of this.

Tr0llChief, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Tr0llChief Win User

Xbox does not turn off

Just turn cloud saves off and see what will happen next when you will try turn off console.Maybe that will help you to get rid of this.
  9. Raian93 Win User

Xbox does not turn off

Okay, sounds good.

I do have quite a few games on the hard-drive (only have ~20GB left from 120GB). Thanks!
  10. CleverJoey60943 Win User

Xbox does not turn off

the same thing happened to me it probably means that your xbox is under stress and is trying to cool itself off what i suggest is to delete games that take up a lot of memory.
  11. Raian93 Win User

Xbox does not turn off

Still doesn't work :(

I think it may have something to do with the cloud saves since everytime I start up a game, it will say "syncing cloud saves". It's never done that before.
  12. LegoNinja187 Win User

My xbox keeps turning off

Does the Xbox give any error messages or anything like that upon boot up?

Does it just turn off as if you had turned it off yourself or does it show an error message or anything before turning off?
Thema:

Xbox does not turn off

1. Xbox does not turn off - Similar Threads - does turn off

2. Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?: It's as if all three USB ports just cut out. Which is a major inconvenience if I'm playing a game on an external hardrive or using a wired controller. All of this whilst my xbox is turned on btw....
  3. Does turning off the Series S completely reduce its lifespan?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does turning off the Series S completely reduce its lifespan?: I only play on weekends and I would like to know if the console's useful life decreases as time passes by turning it off and on several times during the month. 7b9b27f0-f7bd-491f-9acf-d4e4be4e2770
  4. My Game Bar recording does not work unless I turn it off and back on in settings.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Game Bar recording does not work unless I turn it off and back on in settings.: When I go to open Game bar with a game running and go to record what happened its always grayed out saying its "Gaming features aren't available for the Windows desktop or File explorer". When I...
  5. Why does my xbox one turn on and then off straight away?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox one turn on and then off straight away?: Hi, I was wondering why when i turn my xbox one console on, why it turns on with no startup sounds and 5 seconds later it turns off. It started Yesterday, I was on it watching youtube when all of...
  6. Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?: Does anyone know how to fix this? 2966b0b0-38b5-4363-b5a6-9f5cd45a4763
  7. What does it mean if your Xbox keeps turning off and being slow but not running hot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What does it mean if your Xbox keeps turning off and being slow but not running hot?: My Xbox will be slow and sometimes freeze up then turn off. But when I try to turn it back in the light on the system will turn on but wont be on the screen. I even got a better HDMI and it didn't...
  8. Why does my xbox one keep turning off once I turn it on

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my xbox one keep turning off once I turn it on: I've tried turning my xbox on but it just turns off after does this mean the xbox is broken? 0d53436b-7659-4e05-8b51-df3af99090cd
  9. eternal storage wont turn off when xbox does the option in stetting is greyed out for it to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    eternal storage wont turn off when xbox does the option in stetting is greyed out for it to...: no matter what i do storage wont tunr off its greyed out in stetting options ots weird 64702c04-374d-4ffd-ac47-4ca666ccc736
  10. Why does my controller have to turn off why I want to play on keyboard and mouse

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my controller have to turn off why I want to play on keyboard and mouse: Why does the controller have to have a timed shut off? Please make this an option! It’s really annoying when there are certain times I want to use the controller for a game or if I want to use...